Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big fire

Options
  • 09-05-2017 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭

i hear the smoke has hit as far as ballybane !! is it that bad in galway? was in city earlier and seen nothing,any pics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

https://twitter.com/nialltkeogh/status/862013613439156224

It was as far as Oranmore about an hour ago. Seems to have cleared again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Wasn't any in Ballybane as far as half six, could see it going in the Headford Rd from Castlegar not long after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Noticed it first in Westside about 6:30. Went on out to Salthill and both the look and smell were very noticeable. You couldn't really see the Clare Hills very well - and for once it wasn't due to the rain!

I was just about to ask if the haze over Galway bay was smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It was such a lovely day I thought one of the neighbours had flubbed a bbq. It was pretty thick in my estate. Also went to Salthill last night and was surprised it was still noticeable along the prom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement