Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising 50k by the end of the month

• 09-05-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Purchasing a site and need 50k

Already have 28k cash but want to keep some of that (say 10k) so really I have 18k.

Who would be the best to get a loan from and the best scenario. Do I ..

A. Go to credit union and ask for a loan straight out (probably for 32k)
    B. Do a top up mortgage from a bank for the 50k and keep the 28k cash
    C. Apply for both and see which comes up first
    D. Start looking to family for a loan of 22k and finance the 10k I wanted to set aside originally.

Caveats
    Bank might also for too much to be approved in a 3 week period, credit union might take 2 weeks due to the size of the loan and their approval process.
    Family.. eek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

A bank shouldn't take 3 weeks to approve a personal loan. Most banks advertise personal loans up to 50k or so......tHough the term they give you might make repayments quite high as they'll not give terms comparable to a mortgage.

Most banks would also prefer to finance on a secured basis but if you have a history with them, clean icb and can show repayment capacity then they'd be unreasonable to insist on security

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

368100 wrote: »
    A bank shouldn't take 3 weeks to approve a personal loan. Most banks advertise personal loans up to 50k or so......tHough the term they give you might make repayments quite high as they'll not give terms comparable to a mortgage.

Most banks would also prefer to finance on a secured basis but if you have a history with them, clean icb and can show repayment capacity then they'd be unreasonable to insist on security

I would be looking to stretch it much longer that 10 years if I could

durtybit wrote: »
    I would be looking to stretch it much longer that 10 years if I could

That'd be a personal loan out of question then from main banks.

What do you intend to do with the site? In my experience banks will only allow mortgage top ups for specific reasons but some may be more flexible than others given the competition in the market at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

368100 wrote: »
    That'd be a personal loan out of question then from main banks.

What do you intend to do with the site? In my experience banks will only allow mortgage top ups for specific reasons but some may be more flexible than others given the competition in the market at the minute.

Not sure, can afford the high payments for the 10 years but want to give breathing room. 2 years I could have 30k repaid. I'd say that eliminates the banks as mostly I would want to repay as early as possible to avoid the interest costs. Credit union on family

durtybit wrote: »
    Not sure, can afford the high payments for the 10 years but want to give breathing room. 2 years I could have 30k repaid. I'd say that eliminates the banks as mostly I would want to repay as early as possible to avoid the interest costs. Credit union on family

Well a secured loan on the land could be done but not within 3 weeks to get security in place.

I'd rather credit union......as good as intentions are, family and money lending in a lot of cases don't mix well

• Advertisement
Advertisement