Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What lighting do you apply make up in?

Options
  • 09-05-2017 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

I prefer the morning light, or evening.
    I have to do my make up in natural light by the window, can't be dealing with artificial light. Hate it when it's winter and there's no morning light!
    I feel especially on sunny days it can be tricky enough doing your make up as the sun casts a shadow and highlights every bloody flaw :pac:

Comments

Good question - was just thinking 'bout this earlier! Usually at my dressing table (in darkish bedroom with super flattering lighting :D ) but I nearly had a heart attack today when I rechecked it in full sunshine. :eek:
    I usually don't wear too much make up by day, but have decided that needs must - apply in gentle light, do a second check (and tone down) against sunlight. But OMG full on sunlight is NOT flattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

By the window! Hate winter also cos of tHe dark light especially at night time!! Always check with my phone to using flash can help sometimes others makes me feel crap 😂 (Trick for 'ghostface')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

By the window or have a glamcor light that I use in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Morning by a big window - anything else is setting you up for failure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

In the ensuite to the bedroom under very crappy artificial light. I always leave the door open to left what light can get from the bedroom window into the bathroom.
    I know I should use the downstairs bathroom as it would have the morning light but I can't be ar$ed moving all my make up down there nor sorting out in advance what makeup I'm going to wear and bringing it down. My morning routine is slap it on and go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I live in a very old house so its dark all year round with low windows. I do my makeup in artificial light and then get a fright when I get into the car and look at my face in the front mirror lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I live in a very old house so its dark all year round with low windows. I do my makeup in artificial light and then get a fright when I get into the car and look at my face in the front mirror lol

Car mirrors are horrificly unforgiving!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

anna080 wrote: »
    Car mirrors are horrificly unforgiving!
    Almost as bad as the mirrors in the hairdressers!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Almost as bad as the mirrors in the hairdressers!

THE WORST!

Advertisement