Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Box turned off for more than 2 days, Box cannot reconect subscription automac

• 09-05-2017 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have a huge problem with Virgin Media.
    When I am away for more than 2 days and the box was turned off while I am away I get the message when I get back " Contact Customer Care Team on 1908 to subscribe". I do not leave anything on standby or turned on when I am away from home for fire safety reasons.

On receipt of that message today I rang 1908 when I came home at 20:30. Message stated that waiting time was 20 minutes. I did not get through.

Rang again at 21.04 --- Sorry our Customer Service department is closed until 9am .....:mad:

This means no service until tomorrow so I could not watch what I was looking for. I have to wait until tomorrow until THEY are ready to grant me access to a service that I am paying for.

What am I supposed to do?.

In the first place I cannot understand why they loose my subscription. This box has a MAC address and I am pretty sure a handshake can be established to authorise the device again. When I ring them and I did that several times already to reconnect me they can reconnect me immediately every time. In this day and age it should be possible to automatically reconnect the service when the box is turned on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I have a huge problem with Virgin Media.
    When I am away for more than 2 days and the box was turned off while I am away I get the message when I get back " Contact Customer Care Team on 1908 to subscribe". I do not leave anything on standby or turned on when I am away from home for fire safety reasons.

On receipt of that message today I rang 1908 when I came home at 20:30. Message stated that waiting time was 20 minutes. I did not get through.

Rang again at 21.04 --- Sorry our Customer Service department is closed until 9am .....:mad:

This means no service until tomorrow so I could not watch what I was looking for. I have to wait until tomorrow until THEY are ready to grant me access to a service that I am paying for.

What am I supposed to do?.

In the first place I cannot understand why they loose my subscription. This box has a MAC address and I am pretty sure a handshake can be established to authorise the device again. When I ring them and I did that several times already to reconnect me they can reconnect me immediately every time. In this day and age it should be possible to automatically reconnect the service when the box is turned on.

Might be worth posting in their talk to forum, the reps there are generally quite knowledgeable and might at least get a reason for it (if not a solution!)

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1546

Advertisement