Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24kw Leaf battery temperature

• 09-05-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Saw 8 bars today, first time ever. Normal 4-5 and once it was 6.

This was on the third fast charge within a 2 hour period (to 65% first time and 80% the second) and after some 130km/h motorway driving.

Was worried charge rate would be affected, but it was faster than ever. 12% to 85% in 25 mins and it was still pulling 12kw/h when I unplugged.

Just goes to show things don't always work the way you expect.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I drove home from Scotland and gave it 4 fast charges, all lasting about 20 - 25 mins each and it only got to 5 bars iirc.

The last few days it's been sitting on 5 bars (maybe hot weather) but the range has increased a lot, my commute is using 6% compared to 10-11 normally.

2014 Gen 1.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Yeah, the warm weather is definitely having an impact. It's typically at 5 bars now 48 hours after a charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

12%?

What range was showing at that?

Lowest I've seen is 8kms, but the charger told me I had 21% remaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

12km. I get 1km per % if hooring it. Route was well planned tho.

21% and 8km sounds wrong!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Soarer wrote: »
    12%?

What range was showing at that?

Lowest I've seen is 8kms, but the charger told me I had 21% remaining!

I would regularly get to 10% or below between charges. Haven't got to -- in a while though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's good to have a safety net. However in saying that on long trips (>400km) I've arrived at an FCP with 0% displayed on the unit, and with >10 bars of temperature. There is an upside to that level of heat, reaching 80% took less than 20 minutes and I was still pulling over 20kW at 85%. It was the first and only time I saw my leaf pulling more than 50kW (51-52 until 40%)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

n97 mini wrote: »
    12km. I get 1km per % if hooring it. Route was well planned tho.

21% and 8km sounds wrong!

Aye.

Saying that, the battery is down a couple of cells, but I'm assuming the charger reads 21% of actual capacity, and not 21% of original capacity.

I haven't been brave enough to run the charge way down yet, so maybe that'll reset things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Only time I heated it right up was on a drive from Cork to Donegal. Fast charged probably 6 times I think.

Advertisement