Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carne Mayo

Options
  • 09-05-2017 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Playing Carne and enniscrone at end of month, looking for recommendations of which 18 to play in carne, I hear the greens on the new 9 are poor at present but may be ok in 2 weeks. Anybody with recommendations please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

avud wrote: »
    Playing Carne and enniscrone at end of month, looking for recommendations of which 18 to play in carne, I hear the greens on the new 9 are poor at present but may be ok in 2 weeks. Anybody with recommendations please

I would play the new 9 even if the greens aren't great, it's stunning. Play with the old back 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

PARlance wrote: »
    I would play the new 9 even if the greens aren't great, it's stunning. Play with the old back 9.

Agreed - if you're given the choice then those are the two to blow your mind. Greens may not be as good on the new nine, but they're still worth experiencing - much sharper slopes and angles.

Or go 2 hours earlier and play all 27!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I just bump this instead. Has anyone played Carne recently? If so, what condition is it in? I'm looking forward to playing there sometime in the next two weeks and I'm hoping it's in decent nick after a tough summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fairways fine on both but the new 9 (Kilmore) greens are just dreadful, really really bad, some are dark dark green and brutal bumpy when I played it at end of July, payed a fiver to play them and that was about right, if you pay more than that then you should look for money back if they are still that bad.
    Having said that I would whole-fully recommend playing the 9 as the hole shapes are stunning, get there early and play the 27.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Wow, didn’t realise the greens were that bad, heard they took a bit of a hammering in the drought but that sounds terrible. May take a trip to Enniscrone instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

amam on in carne. 50 euro for 2 Rounds is ridiculously good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

yeah but its a team event!

Advertisement