Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brickies

• 09-05-2017 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi just wondering if going direct labour when I build my house ...how much do brickes charge...is it by brick or by day...don't know if that makes sense...or would hiring a contractor from start to finish be cheaper/easier...it's a 2 storey 2600 square foot...thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

As far as I know a lot charge per brick. Currently going to build myself and I am going through a contractor. Was advised by my architect that I could do it myself but I wouldn't see major savings and would find it a lot more stressful.

From what I have been told also brickies are one of the highest rising costs in the building trade as they are in big demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Busymama123

Typical...When I get sorted prices rise.
    I'm just trying to find out the best option.
    Looks like it could be a contractor but will put it out for pricing to see what returns I get. Thanks for replying.

Advertisement