Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were would u buy

Options
  • 09-05-2017 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

just thinking of buying an ipad should i go with one of the electrical stores or buy direct of apple ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Shouldn't be a difference...apple honour their warranty regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

368100 wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a difference...apple honour their warranty regardless

yea i seen were #Harvey Norman are doing a 2 year warranty in Store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Look for a refurb on the Apple website. A good saving on the RRP for an identical product. The only difference is the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

tallpaul wrote: »
    Look for a refurb on the Apple website. A good saving on the RRP for an identical product. The only difference is the box...

Yes, that's definitely were I would go to. Decent discounts for a perfect product.

Link to refurbished iPads

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Why walk into a Harvey Norman's when you can sit at home waiting for the UPS driver to ring the door bell. It's like the feeling of Christmas..

• Advertisement

If its refurbished has it been used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes, used, repaired, repackaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

torrevieja wrote: »
    If its refurbished has it been used ?

Not necessarily. It could be an online order that was cancelled. Usually though it is a product that has been fixed but trust me, you will not know the difference. The glass, case, everything will be absolutely mint. It will still have the same plastic wrapping as a new one. It is to all intents and purposes, a brand new machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Not necessarily. It could be an online order that was cancelled. Usually though it is a product that has been fixed but trust me, you will not know the difference. The glass, case, everything will be absolutely mint. It will still have the same plastic wrapping as a new one. It is to all intents and purposes, a brand new machine.

Agree. Basically these are the same products they will give people when they swap a device under warranty.

Is there much diffrrence between the 9.7 ipad or the 9.7 iPad pro ?

they don't seem to have an iPad 9.7 128gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

torrevieja wrote: »
    Is there much diffrrence between the 9.7 ipad or the 9.7 iPad pro ?

they don't seem to have an iPad 9.7 128gb

I might forget some things, but here is what comes to mind:

pro is slightly slimmer
    pro is slightly but lighter (not huge difference but noticeable when you hold it)
    pro has a fairly nicer display
    pro supports the Apple Pencil
    pro supports the Smart Keyboard
    pro has a faster CPU/GPU (not night and day for the CPU and won't make a massive difference for casual use, the gap between GPUs is probably more significant but again the non-pro will do just fine with non GPU intensive stuff)
    I am not sure, but the flash memory of the non-pro *might* be slower

Edit: one thing I forgot, the Pro has 4 speakers which allow it to produce stereo sound but in portrait and landscape mode, and deliver better quality and louder sound.

Advertisement