Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good steak in Limerick?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Comhra wrote:
    There's a bit of a trend here on the Limerick forum to knock the Texas Steakout, but if it were as bad as the crowd here say it is, it's hard to understand how it's so busy most nights and it's trading now for a long number of years. It must be doing something right - but maybe the Boards.ie connoisseurs are a more discerning bunch than the general public?

It caters to a certain market, but is certainly not to everybody's taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Comhra wrote: »
    I'm as particular as yourself about my steak and I've had steaks in the Steakout a few times over the past six months and they were very tasty and cooked exactly as I wanted.

There's a bit of a trend here on the Limerick forum to knock the Texas Steakout, but if it were as bad as the crowd here say it is, it's hard to understand how it's so busy most nights and it's trading now for a long number of years. It must be doing something right - but maybe the Boards.ie connoisseurs are a more discerning bunch than the general public?

The Tripadvisor reviews don't bear out the many negative opinions posted here.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186621-d806954-Reviews-Texas_Steakout-Limerick_County_Limerick.html

I think it's a grand middle of the road place to eat where you know what to expect.

Good to hear if they have sorted out the steaks and are doing good ones currently but I was definitely left totally unimpressed by the one I had, maybe it was just a bad night for them but that is a risk with restaurants it just takes a few bad 25 euro steaks to put someone off the place

I'm not in on any anti-texas STEAKOUT (I have it right this time) bashing, I used to go there all the time for birthdays and stuff but wouldn't really go any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I think it's a grand middle of the road place to eat where you know what to expect.

Good to hear if they have sorted out the steaks and are doing good ones currently but I was definitely left totally unimpressed by the one I had, maybe it was just a bad night for them but that is a risk with restaurants it just takes a few bad 25 euro steaks to put someone off the place

I'm not in on any anti-texas STEAKOUT (I have it right this time) bashing, I used to go there all the time for birthdays and stuff but wouldn't really go any more

Well, yeah I agree, it's middle-of-the-road alright, and likewise, I've been in there regularly like yourself for birthdays etc. and to be honest I can't say I've ever had a bad meal......even had a few great ones, but even though I like it, I wouldn't put it in the top tier, but I always feel it gets an undeserved bad rap here on the Limk. forum.

And yeah, I'd say they've got their steaks sorted out - at least mine were great, so I can't complain! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

h3000 wrote: »
    I have to say I can't understand all the Texas bashing. It may not be the best in Limerick but it is certainly not a bad place to eat. I've had fillet steak there two or three times and it has been quite nice. I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there.

People pay 25 quid for a 3 course and expect michelin star food. For it's price it's good food without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Miike wrote: »
    People pay 25 quid for a 3 course and expect michelin star food. For it's price it's good food without a shadow of a doubt.

At weekends the set menu is ?32! That's pricy for average food!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Skuxx wrote: »
    At weekends the set menu is ?32! That's pricy for average food!!

Have you seen how busy they are during the weekends? Supply and demand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Texas Steakout is nice. Nothing special and certainly not even memorable as far as steak goes.

Best steak I've had in Ireland was in Lawlor's Hotel Naas. Steak on the stone. Unreal. Nothing in Limerick comes even close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Sorry to to update
    We went to Grill at the Clayton hotel
    Very nice sirloin 23.50

Advertisement