Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help! :(

Options
  • 10-05-2017 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Is there any way I can get a File back to its most recent state before last save?! :(:( Like I dunno can I corrupt it or something and when I turn off and on the Pooter it'll magically be back to its second-last action where I want it before I stupidly made a Booboo in saving and lost all the additions and everything.... :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

You can try this OP:
    https://superuser.com/questions/515906/is-there-any-way-to-restore-recover-the-previous-version-of-a-file-that-was-save

Unless the additions were saved and then lost on a save again I dont see how they would have been saved. I wouldnt hold out much hope im afraid. What type of file was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pooter Booboo :(
    I suspect not....

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A Database. All the additions would have been saved yeah. 2 Files of the same name. :o:rolleyes::rolleyes: I know I know stupid! Like, I had all the additions done. I'm doing it in an Application and I opened the App which opened up a File of the same name before any additions carried out. Aaaand I went into my own File then, with ALL of the additions, and I messed up the saving part. :(:( Do I want to replace file of the same name, I said yes. But what I wanted was to save mine with all the additions but I presume what it saved was the other before-additions one, which I guess means mine, is, Toast! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

See if there is a file of the same name in the directory, but with a different file extension e.g. names and names.bak.
    If there is you can recover.

My guess is you would deliberately have to copy a file over an existing file of the same name. If you were changing a file using the database software it might have a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Nothing in the File Properties Previous Versions. Funduc's Search and Replace Utility and Recuva didn't work. :(

What do I do in the Directory? I don't know what to do with it... :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Here is an example I created a few minutes ago.

I had a database file called "names" in a folder "wednesday" on the F: drive
    F:\wednesday\names.dbf

I changed the file structure.
    The software made a copy of the original file named names.bak.

The names.bak contains the data of the original file before I made the changes.

Go to the folder where you keep the database and look for something like that .... another file with the same name but a different extension (in this case .bak)

416945.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try previous versions in the folder properties

Advertisement