Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a Joint cheque to a single account

Options
  • 10-05-2017 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi -

My wife and I have recieved a cheque made out to both of us & marked as "Account payee only".

We wish to lodge it to her account and the account is in her name only. Is there any procedure for doing this / any issues with doing so?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi -

My wife and I have recieved a cheque made out to both of us & marked as "Account payee only".

We wish to lodge it to her account and the account is in her name only. Is there any procedure for doing this / any issues with doing so?

Thanks

Hi DorianGrape, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

In this case the cheque would need to be lodged to a joint account in both names.

If you don't have a joint account then you could contact the person who issued the cheque to arrange for this cheque to be reissued and made payable to your wife only.

Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DorianGrape

Thanks for the information Nicola. 

Advertisement