Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I eligible for repeat examinations?

Options
  • 10-05-2017 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,
    I've got a question regarding repeat examinations. I'm a first year student at DkIT, my first semester went very well, I had no struggles passing all my modules, however I've encountered some personal issues during the seconds semester which stopped me from attending classes and submitting my assignments. I will probably fail 4 out of 5 modules. Am I still eligible for repeats or could they refuse me the repeats due to the time I have missed?
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Chillah

It would depend on the course/colleges own rules. In my experience you can usually repeat. Find a point of contact in your course, someone in faculty will be able to tell you specifically what your options are.
    Also regarding your personal issues, if you can get them certified by a doctor etc etc then colleges will often remove the cap on your repeats allowing you to get more marks when you are repeating.

Advertisement