Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

laros wrote: »
    Andy in notorious is a good man for the fade cuts....

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,012 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Best barbers in the town?
    Probably a fade cut

Hairy Barber or Tommy Clarkes

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Turkish barber across from the credit union... Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭medoc

Anyone know anything about or been in the new restaurant on Main Street? Called Iris restaurant located where Jamie’s used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Anybody know what’s going on with the old Texas site, the carpark is closed and it’s all fences off.
    I can only assume NAMA has taken control of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anything would be better than the eyesore it and the old Quinnsworth are, that square is a massive shame to be sitting idle for so long and looking so grimy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Anybody know what’s going on with the old Texas site, the carpark is closed and it’s all fences off.
    I can only assume NAMA has taken control of it

Was sold to a vulture fund as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

Any one have any recommendations of a good G.P in Tullamore, some that it good with female health, and dont need to make an appointment a week in advance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭laros

This.... cant recommend him enough.... just Brilliant.... cant say how long you will be waiting tho....

leanonme wrote: »
    Any one have any recommendations of a good G.P in Tullamore, some that it good with female health, and dont need to make an appointment a week in advance?

Dr Patricia Gary in Market Square. (057) 9327753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Beaulieu

Anyone have an update on that new bar in O'Connor Square -Phoenix Bar? Seems to have gone quiet lately

i was in Market Square last week and never noticed any new bar.

Passed by old Capital Cars garage and see Fitzpatrick's Hyundai are now open. Looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Beaulieu

charlieIRL wrote: »

O'Coonor Square not Market Square. FBook page, Twitter etc all gone quiet and nothing seems to be happening to where they were to go -the old An Post building

Apologies, I meant O'Connor Square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Passed by old Capital Cars garage and see Fitzpatrick's Hyundai are now open. Looks well.

About time. That is a much better site for them compared to the old place they were at.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Beaulieu wrote: »
    Anyone have an update on that new bar in O'Connor Square -Phoenix Bar? Seems to have gone quiet lately

Article in today's Tullamore Tribune that an application for a liquor licence for a premises in O'Connor Square has been adjourned until 9th October.

Premises is Woodchester house which AFAIR is the last building on the right as you head down towards the Tanyard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I have to say it would be really weird walking into a pub in that location!!

Just looked at google maps and they have Woodchester House as the second last building on the right.

It might not be too bad a place to go when all the works are done to O'Connor Square.

I was out for a walk at lunchtime, they’ve only started work on the pub in O’Connor square. Be a good while before it’s opened.

I was out for a walk at lunchtime, they’ve only started work on the pub in O’Connor square. Be a good while before it’s opened.

They started working on it about 2 month ago

• Advertisement

Really? Not a lot done so.

Specsavers coming to Tullamore at the end of October, don't know what location though

Specsavers coming to Tullamore at the end of October, don't know what location though

I think it’s going to be Patrick Street. Just down from the new Spar towards the Credit Union. Where the old McFaddens (blast from the past) was all those years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

medoc wrote: »
    I think it’s going to be Patrick Street. Just down from the new Spar towards the Credit Union. Where the old McFaddens (blast from the past) was all those years ago.

Was rumoured to be going where the new spar is now a couple of years ago. Presume it's the same fella opening it that has spar?

Article in today's Tullamore Tribune that an application for a liquor licence for a premises in O'Connor Square has been adjourned until 9th October.

Premises is Woodchester house which AFAIR is the last building on the right as you head down towards the Tanyard?

The one beside it. The cafe is in Hibernian House. Might be a good location for a pub. Especially when they redevelop the square.

Was rumoured to be going where the new spar is now a couple of years ago. Presume it's the same fella opening it that has spar?

Yea thought so at the time. Must have been a change of plan. Not sure if they’re connected but the man that has the spar franchise has plenty of other varied business interests so it’s possibke I’d guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

medoc wrote: »
    Yea thought so at the time. Must have been a change of plan. Not sure if they’re connected but the man that has the spar franchise has plenty of other varied business interests so it’s possibke I’d guess

Yea, I know who he is, he's flat out opening businesses.

And a fabulous house

The same who is rumored to be part of the consortium that are in discussings to buy the old Texas site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The same who is rumored to be part of the consortium that are in discussings to buy the old Texas site

Are there any rumours whats gonna happen to it? Most likely either another shopping centre (there was planning put forward for one around there years ago) or a shops at bottom/apartments ontop deal?

Advertisement