Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yondr Phone Locking at Gigs

Options
  • 10-05-2017 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering what peoples thoughts are on Yondr's phone locking pouches.

It only came into my knowledge as I was buying Chris Rock tickets this morning when on the purchase page I was required tick a box to affirm to the below to put through my tickets.

"No mobile phones, cameras or recording devices will be allowed at Chris Rock’s Total Blackout Tour. Upon arrival, all phones and smart watches will be secured in Yondr pouches that will be unlocked at the end of the show. Guests maintain possession of their phones throughout the night, and if needed, may access their phones as designated Yondr unlocking stations in the lobby. All guests are encouraged to print their tickets in advance to ensure a smooth entry process. Anyone caught with a mobile phone in the venue will be immediately ejected. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a phone-free viewing experience."

Effectively they're soft pouches will small locks like the anti-theft devices on clothes stores (but smaller).

I think it's a great idea assuming they can unlock them handily enough post-show and unlock points aren't a million miles away if you need them. Bit much at a comedy gig maybe, but at gigs it seems pretty reasonable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Great idea. I admit I like to take one photo at a gig for posterity but people who spend the entire gig waving their phone around annoy the hell out of me.
    Could slow down entry/exiting though.

Advertisement