Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection dropping since friday - so frustrating.

Options
  • 10-05-2017 10:49am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So we had two lads working all day Friday at our cabinet, no connection all day and no pre warning.
    Connection comes back when they finished the work at about 6 pm, ive lost about 6 hours of work at this stage.

Please note the connection was fine before they touched it.

All weekend we lost connection 5-6 times per hour, an absolute joke, no netflix no nothing, I ring first thing Monday morning and the guy on the phone ssid "he will flush the system of errors"  all good since then but now all morning I'm losing connection yet again, ive since rang support and have to wait 2-5 working days for an engineer.
    Whatever they done at the cabinet has caused me nothing but hassle, I'm getting serious heat from work this morning, lost a full day Friday and now connection dropping today again.

Why do I have to wait so long? 
    It is obvious there is a wiring issue at the cabinet more than likely from shoddy workmanship.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Dcully,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm afraid the standard lead time for a fault is 2-5 working days and unfortunately, if there is an issue with the cabinet it may require a lot of work to be carried out.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will follow this up for you?

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just to follow up on this, 10 days on and still no resolution, countless calls to support,engineers called to house and proved nothing my end and work that was carried out at cabinet cased faults.

The net result is connection is dropping anything from 4 times an hour to going 8 hours without a single drop.

Ive sent pm to the eir rep anna as requested above but heard nothing back.

eir were quick enough to take money for my bill this morning,meanwhile I'm stuck with a crap service,tech support have been absolutely useless, 10 days now and counting mad.pngmad.pngmad.pngmad.png

Engineers confirm faults at cabinet but yet haven't fixed it yet.

Just got off the phone to support yet again 40 mins call, the guy told me I have to wait for the connection to drop one more time before he can proceed, ffs they have evidence of countless drops and now this.

An absolute shambles of a company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Dcully,

I sincerely apologise about this. I will follow up on this for you with the relevant department and I will be in touch with an update. Can you please PM me your account number?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

pm sent thankyou

Dcully wrote: »
    pm sent thankyou
    No problem, I will check my PMs now and be in touch shortly.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Advertisement

PMs sent yesterday and still nothing from Leanne, so we can now add Leanne to to list along with Anna, full of promises yet do sweet F all.

eir support also gave me a guarantee yesterday that this was a priority now after 13 days of ringing to complain that I would hear from an engineer today,, guess what I heard nothing,,   last Thursday two engineers confirmed a non issue with my line in the house and that the cabinet was the fault, yet I'm still waiting for this to be addressed, what sort of company do you people work for?

Hi Dcully,

I am very sorry to hear you feel this way and I do apologise for the delay in the reply.

Anna and I are currently awaiting an update from our technical support team on the fault you have logged. Once we receive this update, we will then be in touch with you.

I've also replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Thanks Leanne I hate to be taking my frustration out on you guys, but ive sought support here aswell as calling tech support 9 times in 13 days, ive been promised everything but nothing done.
    I'm getting in trouble with work over this, its become a very serious issue for me.

I understand your frustration and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused here.

We are currently awaiting an update with the relevant department and we will be in touch once we have an update.

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

Well I don't know who gives you guys updates but here we are almost 30 hours after the last comment above and ive heard nothing from anyone here.
    Eventually I had the job done yesterday [20minute job] took 1 day shy of two weeks to get done and no I don't have you people to thank.

Thankfully I have a friend in tech support who was able to inform me of developments and tell me when a crew was coming to my place.

Luckily I wasn't relying on the reps here,no offence but neither of you were of any assistance at all ,all I got was the usual bordering on patronising generic template quotes pulled from your handbook.

Apart form seeking help here it only took 9 days out of 13 days down time ringing support, sometimes 2-3 times a day, jumping through all sorts of hoops,ive spent literally close to 5 hours on the phone over two weeks, lost a tonne of work, having to to make trips because I was not getting the service I'm paying for which was even more expense and time.

The engineers who done the work yesterday as with the previous ones confirmed a contractor screw up at the cabinet, so its been screw upon screw up one after the other for two weeks.

Needless to say I will be reporting this fiasco to comreg aswell as complaining to eir directly,i already got half of my monthly bill reduced from my next bill.
    I have sent a lot of people in the direction of eir over the years when I was happy with the service , never again!

I really fail to see the point of this eir board here on boards totally useless!

• Advertisement

Hi Dcully,

I'm very sorry you feel this way, however, this is not an instant response channel and we were waiting to be updated by our technical support team on this.

We were advised yesterday evening that the fault was cleared and they changed the port to a different part of the cabinet. 

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
     however, this is not an instant response channel and we were waiting to be updated by our technical support team on this.
    You can say that again,its anything but.

So in other words you don't get word for a day or two after tech support learn of issues or developments or even if work is done, what good is that to anyone?

That's exactly my point, seems to me to be pointless,you seem to be the last channel to know anything of whats going on.

I see very little satisfaction form anyone that posts on here.

Ofcourse your hands are tied on the majority of issues I understand this.

I have no issues with you reps personally but I stand by my view this board is pointless and of little to no benefit to people looking for customer support.

I do apologise unfortunately, we don't have access to this information from here and would have to wait to be updated from the relevant team.

I'm very sorry you feel this way and I will relay this feedback to the relevant department.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement