Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Mavic Cosmic Elite Question

Options
  • 10-05-2017 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

I've finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a full carbon bike with 11spd Ultegra on it.

I have a set of Cosmic Elites that I bought in 2013.

There is a 10 speed block on them.

My question is can I fit the 11 speed block off the new bike to the Cosmics?

Cheers

DD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

more than likely it is 11 speed but...
    take off the 10 speed cassette and inside there should be a spacer. no spacer, then its only 10 speed hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Mavic have been 11 speed compatible for ages so my guess would be yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

Thanks folks, will check it out tonight, if I can find my tool kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

I've finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a full carbon bike with 11spd Ultegra on it.

DD

Pray tell.... what's the new addition ?
    Leaving us hanging there, wondering like :)

secman wrote: »
    Pray tell.... what's the new addition ?
    Leaving us hanging there, wondering like :)

Sensa giulia, she's about 2.5years old at this stage but has barely 250km done on it. Not a mark or sign of wear on it. Rims still have the ridges from manufacture on it. Was going to buy new but saw this and bit the bullet, and saved the guts of a grand in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

Sensa giulia, she's about 2.5years old at this stage but has barely 250km done on it. Not a mark or sign of wear on it. Rims still have the ridges from manufacture on it. Was going to buy new but saw this and bit the bullet, and saved the guts of a grand in the process.

Lovely bike, best of luck with it.
    Almost bought a second hand specialized venge comp 2 weeks ago . Exceptional bike, offered 2k and he wouldn't budge from € 2250. London of glad that I didn't get it , it is an aero set up and would have been hard on my back.
    Getting a Trek Emonda SL6 Pro now.

thekooman wrote: »
    more than likely it is 11 speed but...
    take off the 10 speed cassette and inside there should be a spacer. no spacer, then its only 10 speed hub.

Ok got it off there and it has 2 spacers. I presume the 11sp doesn't need any?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Nope. No spacers needed for 11sp. Bit bizarre that there was two behind it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

One is the Mavic spacer, the other thinner one comes with the 10s cassette as standard.

When shimano went from 9s to 10s the 10s was actually thinner overall, so it needed its own spacer, or something like that.

See here http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-CS-6700-2924B.pdf No14 "low-spacer"

cheers lads, 11speed now on the cosmics. Happy out

• Advertisement
Advertisement