Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking Price v Actual Selling Price

Options
  • 10-05-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all, apologies if this has been done to death within another thread but I am new to the second hand market as I purchased a new property 14 years ago so never had to go through this before! I am looking to move to a second hand property in Dublin 15. Would properties generally sell for much over the asking price?, I am looking in a fairly sought after location in Carpenterstown so expect it to be fairly competitive. Apologies for my ignorance but any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Pretty much all of Dublin is going for above asking. There are some places that are advertised lower to drum up interest and others which are more realistically priced, so it's hard to say what amount a place will go for as it depends on too many factors. You'll get a feel for it after looking for a while and seeing what price the houses end up going sale agreed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

My parents just bought in carpenterstown. Asking price in no way reflected sale price. It was just to attract bidders . they were the only bidder but had to up the bid twice to get the house. They wanted it so everyone happy in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Use the property price register and daft/myhome to compare.

Advertisement