Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good, affordable garage?

Options
  • 10-05-2017 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

so i may need my nissan micras wheel bearings changed.

i know 2 shops, one very close to my home and very cheap, but the guy also only does a mediocre job. good enough for oil changes and simple stuff. if he requires parts, he asks me to go and get them myself and bring to him.

the other shop is pretty expensive - they will take 150-200 only for a checkup and then charge extra for stuff that needs to be done.

is there a shop thats somewhere inbetween? that cand take care of my stuff without me doing the delivery guy for a reasonable price?

my micra is probably worth 1 grand, so i dont want to spend 200-300 on changing the wheel bearing if you know what i mean. but i cant ignore it either because... well i dont want my wheels to lock up one day when i'm going 100.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Not sure which part of Cork you're in but Ballinlough Motors do a good job at a decent price. There's also the fella on the Woollen Mills in Douglas who has a good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

Not sure which part of Cork you're in but Ballinlough Motors do a good job at a decent price. There's also the fella on the Woollen Mills in Douglas who has a good reputation.

i could certainly go there. but i live in blackpool. anything on the north side of the river?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The lads up in the Industrial Estate on Dublin Hill are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

razorblunt wrote: »
    The lads up in the Industrial Estate on Dublin Hill are decent.
    + 1 on John at Auto Express Dublin hill

Or Dave kelleher in the Glen industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Auto Express, that's the one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Try Marina motors on Victoria Road very nice in there, he will quote before hand

Advertisement