Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get my makeup done professionally in Cork city or county?

Options
  • 10-05-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking to get my makeup done for a wedding at the end of May and it would be great if they were located in the city area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Your preferred make up counter in Debenhams or Brown Thomas?

Watch out for FB, it seems almost everyone is trying their hand now at being a "professional make up artist" with "stunning hun" comments from their friends. When the girl in question looks like she's had her make up put on with Homer Simpson's Make Up Gun (patent pending).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoifetwomey15

razorblunt wrote: »

Watch out for FB, it seems almost everyone is trying their hand now at being a "professional make up artist" with "stunning hun" comments from their friends. When the girl in question looks like she's had her make up put on with Homer Simpson's Make Up Gun (patent pending).

Probably Brown Thomas, I tried mac but they were booked out, would you recommend any where else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

razorblunt wrote: »

At least you can wipe off the makeup..some of the pictures advertising gel nails ect are horrific.😀

I've seen people getting makeup done in the Boots near the Opera house OP..maybe that would suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Jeanette Cronins new salon is on Tuckey St, I'd highly recommend her. Had my make up done by Jeanette many times in the salon she previously worked in and it was amazing. They only offer makeovers in the salon (no waxing or other treatments, its specifically a make up artist salon) which I think speaks for itself.
    Think it costs about €50 but its well worth it imo. Have a look at her facebook to see for yourself, some of the looks she does can be very dramatic and heavy handed but I asked for a more natural look for a christening and it looked fab.

I'm weary of the majority of make up counters and standard beauticians - most artists are sales orientated and have no formal training at all so you have no idea what quality work your going to get.
    At least with a make-up specific salon you know there's no hidden agendas and you know you are paying trained professionals.

Her facebook is Jeanette Cronin Make-Up.

Advertisement