Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What plant?

Options
  • 10-05-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I need help picking 2 plant for two areas please

1. My front porch, covered, gets a lot of morning sunlight
    2. My back decking, uncovered, gets a lot of afternoon light.

So I'd like the plant/Bush to last all year round. If it flowers, all the better, if not no problem. I have two big pots for them.

Also Any suggestions for a tree for my back garden? Very broad question I realise.

Thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

sillybilly wrote: »
    I need help picking 2 plant for two areas please

1. My front porch, covered, gets a lot of morning sunlight
    2. My back decking, uncovered, gets a lot of afternoon light.

So I'd like the plant/Bush to last all year round. If it flowers, all the better, if not no problem. I have two big pots for them.

Also Any suggestions for a tree for my back garden? Very broad question I realise.

Thank you very much

Could look for a Salvia microphylla aka 'Hot Lips'. Grows to 3-4ft in height under 1 meter across. Bees love it, its pleasing to the eye and the leaves have a beautiful scent. It can tolerate drought when established and is evergreen, flowers in summer. Honestly when the one I have flowers there can be 5-12 bees on it at any one time for its size that is pretty good. Would need a very big pot for it tried mine to a 20 litre pot last year not doing so well better to have them in the ground I think. Would look good front or back.

Advertisement