Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

I hate false tracking info for a Battery for my phone that I ordered. No way the Item is in the country yet. Another 2-3 weeks waiting with no clue of expected date. Also shipped from China, not Belgium as 17 says.

I was wrong!

The parcel arrived this morning, so the departure day must have been wrong.

I did pay € 2,16 extra, so it was not using free shipping.

Item ordered on Feb. 06 2018, still waiting zapals orders from Jan 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered phone cover at start of Dec but no sign yet. Plenty of others things arrived. Seller being annoying saying wait,it takes a while but 80 days is enough. Ali can decide on that dispute

Ordered some phone covers and a windscreen holder Jan 16th, arrived today, so 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I ordered 100 x photos for the Fuji instax from these hoors in early Jan and still no sign of them.

Opened a dispute for refund but they have declined so far. They say I have to wait until March 9th.

The tracking number says the package has been in the same spot since 27th of January which I suspect is a phony tracking number.

I'm still hopeful, but this must be the slowest delivery from an online site that I've ever experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I ordered 100 x photos for the Fuji instax from these hoors in early Jan and still no sign of them.

Opened a dispute for refund but they have declined so far. They say I have to wait until March 9th.

The tracking number says the package has been in the same spot since 27th of January which I suspect is a phony tracking number.

I'm still hopeful, but this must be the slowest delivery from an online site that I've ever experienced.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Welcome to China post. 1 month good, 2 months average, 3 months nothing out of the ordinary.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Welcome to China post. 1 month good, 2 months average, 3 months nothing out of the ordinary.

For me it's 3 weeks good, 5 weeks average and 7 weeks bad. I've never had to wait longer than 7 weeks, and even that was because of Chinese New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did you pay extra for quicker delivery? As Kat1170 says, this is normal. Not only that with the Chinese new year in between this may have delayed things for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

For me it's 3 weeks good, 5 weeks average and 7 weeks bad. I've never had to wait longer than 7 weeks, and even that was because of Chinese New Year.

I'm still waiting on an order from Dec 1st and that's not even unusual, longest was about 6 months.

GBX wrote: »
    Did you pay extra for quicker delivery? As Kat1170 says, this is normal. Not only that with the Chinese new year in between this may have delayed things for people.

Yes I paid €5 For tracked shipping (extra) .

I just can't get my head round the fact that it's apparently just sitting somewhere for a month with zero movement.

mcgovern wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on an order from Dec 1st and that's not even unusual, longest was about 6 months.

From Ali Express? You are entitled to get both the order from December 1st and the order that took 6 months for free according to their Buyer Protection Guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yes I paid €5 For tracked shipping (extra) .

I just can't get my head round the fact that it's apparently just sitting somewhere for a month with zero movement.

I had something arrive on Friday that was ordered on the 18th of November, with paid tracking, and i am waiting on a lot of other items ordered between then and now. Most ordered in December I think.

There was a rumour going around a year or two ago, that said staff in An Post acknowledge that Chinese mail gets thrown on to a pile until the are ready to get to it, particularly after the pre-Christmas and post-Christmas sales. Not sure how true that is but may of my items show delivered in Ireland, some over two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »

Not sure how true that is but may of my items show delivered in Ireland, some over two weeks ago.

Having things showed in tracking as arriving in Ireland is very inaccurate.

Example: -
    Delivery successful

2017-12-20 08:12:00

Shipment at local distribution center

2017-12-20 06:51:00

Shipment with local shipping company

2017-12-18 08:12:00 [GMT+8]

Arrived at destination country

2017-12-03 13:48:00

Departed country of origin

2017-11-25 02:55:56 [GMT+8]

No way was the above product in the country 17 days before delivery?
    And on my last order departure date was no way accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I had something arrive on Friday that was ordered on the 18th of November, with paid tracking, and i am waiting on a lot of other items ordered between then and now. Most ordered in December I think.

There was a rumour going around a year or two ago, that said staff in An Post acknowledge that Chinese mail gets thrown on to a pile until the are ready to get to it, particularly after the pre-Christmas and post-Christmas sales. Not sure how true that is but may of my items show delivered in Ireland, some over two weeks ago.

Would this be an issue in that its paid tracking rather than paid shipping ?

Having things showed in tracking as arriving in Ireland is very inaccurate.

Example: -

No way was the above product in the country 17 days before delivery?
    And on my last order departure date was no way accurate.
    In that instance, the destination Country is probably e.g. Netherlands, Italy or Switzerland etc.. depending on which postal service/method they used and if the price is below the threshold etc.
    GBX wrote: »
    Would this be an issue in that its paid tracking rather than paid shipping ?
    That would be the reason it isn't fast, yep for sure. But the extra long delay is no doubt down to the delays and growth in sales before Christmas.

Tracking is not really helpful, in most cases i only use it to... well... track :)
    I use it for items that i need, but not neccesarily in a hurry, as opposed to items i am just buying because they are on sale.

Some items show rebounding at the Airport in Hong Kong for ages, then all of a sudden appeared in Trieste, finally at Dublin Parcel Hub.

So paid tracking doesn't help with speeds at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭flintash

Kat1170 wrote:
    Welcome to China post. 1 month good, 2 months average, 3 months nothing out of the ordinary.

Lol
    You meant:
    Welcome to AnPost.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭blade1

flintash wrote: »
    Lol
    You meant:
    Welcome to AnPost.....

You mean welcome to free post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

From Ali Express? You are entitled to get both the order from December 1st and the order that took 6 months for free according to their Buyer Protection Guarantee.

I could have submitted an appeal (and did for the ones that took 6 months) but usually try to give them a bit more time since it's not the sellers fault.

Lol.

Arrived this morning.

I stand over my assertion that the tracking number is useless though - it's still saying my package is in Guangdong shin Sen (or somewhere similar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Lol.

Arrived this morning.

I stand over my assertion that the tracking number is useless though - it's still saying my package is in Guangdong shin Sen (or somewhere similar)

How much cheaper was it to get it from Ali?

Do you have a link please?

How much cheaper was it to get it from Ali?

Do you have a link please?

Including delivery I picked up the 100 prints for €59.05

Original 100 Sheets Fujifilm Fuji Instax Mini White Film Instant Photo Paper For Instax Mini 8 9 70 25 Camera SP-1 2 Free Gift
    http://s.aliexpress.com/2uymumiU?fromSns=Clipper
    (from AliExpress Android)

I just bought this for €15.03 using N26 card.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Meterk-14-in-1-Electric-Soldering-Iron-Kit-60W-Adjustable-Temperature-Welding-Soldering-Iron-5pcs-Tips/32841266395.html

Package List:
    1 * Soldering Iron
    1 * Desoldering Pump
    1 * Tin Solder Wire
    1 * Wire Stripper Cutter
    5 * Lead-free Soldering Iron Tips
    2 * Anti-static Tweezers
    1 * Iron Stand with Cleaning Sponge
    1 * Solder Wick
    1 * Tool Box
    1 * User Manual

The soldering Iron would suit beginners or for small projects, and with all of the other items it is a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I just bought this for €15.03 using N26 card.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Meterk-14-in-1-Electric-Soldering-Iron-Kit-60W-Adjustable-Temperature-Welding-Soldering-Iron-5pcs-Tips/32841266395.html

Package List:
    1 * Soldering Iron
    1 * Desoldering Pump
    1 * Tin Solder Wire
    1 * Wire Stripper Cutter
    5 * Lead-free Soldering Iron Tips
    2 * Anti-static Tweezers
    1 * Iron Stand with Cleaning Sponge
    1 * Solder Wick
    1 * Tool Box
    1 * User Manual

The soldering Iron would suit beginners or for small projects, and with all of the other items it is a good price.

Not a bad find for someone starting out. It's cheaper than Maplin's most basic soldering iron by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Looking at getting some sunglasses, who is the most reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭b.gud

I've ordered Veithdia glasses a few times and really happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

b.gud wrote: »
    I've ordered Veithdia glasses a few times and really happy with them

+1 bought a few of these for myself and the Mrs.... Very good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Hi All,

Any advice on which shipping method to use:

China Post Registered Air Mail 24-35 days Free Shipping Available
    AliExpress Standard Shipping 17-25 days US $3.38 Available
    ePacket 20-40 days US $7.44 Available

1 of the other things I was going to order offered DHL for $2 but this is the most likely to be stopped for extra payment?

I had a look through the last few pages and some mention using Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard. I presume that this would be quicker? (Would it cause any problems if it never arrives?)

I'm ordering a lepin train and Battery Box and Remote Receiver. I presume that I would be best putting in separate orders?
    Any advice on which seller to select. (Presume the one with the most/best feedback or does it really make any difference.)

Any advice gratefully accepted :)

@JustMac Free delivery can take over 2 months to get here.

If there is VAT to be paid, PM service or similar might refuse the item.

Having them arrive as separate orders would mean there is not enough VAT to be paid and may get through without needing to pay it. Assuming all your orders are under €50 €26.

Edit: - My miss calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭zzyxxx

@JustMac Free delivery can take over 2 months to get here.

If there is VAT to be paid, PM service or similar might refuse the item.

Having them arrive as separate orders would mean there is not enough VAT to be paid and may get through without needing to pay it. Assuming all your orders are under €50.

Did the VAT threshold change to €50?
    I thought it was €22 or thereabouts?

zzyxxx wrote: »
    Did the VAT threshold change to €50?
    I thought it was €22 or thereabouts?

No change but if the VAT to be paid is less than €6 then: -
    If the VAT payable is €6 or less it will not be collected.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

I miscalculated the applicable VAT, plus parcel might be under price for shipment.

Edit: - Corrected my previous post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jc77

I have order Veithdia sunglasses in the past & happy with them.

Looking to purchase prescription sunglasses, any recommendations?

Advertisement