Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

vicwatson wrote: »
    €10.00 is extortion. :mad:

No it's not, much cheaper that a courier charge for clearing customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

slave1 wrote: »
    No it's not, much cheaper that a courier charge for clearing customs

Didn’t it used to be €6

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I paid 12.50 to DHL and even with that plus customs it was cheaper than the eu equivalent store. Madness really when you think about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Last time I paid DHL it was €15. I don't use them for any orders if I can avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Suckit wrote: »
    Last time I paid DHL it was €15. I don't use them for any orders if I can avoid it.

I hate DHL; they've lost several items including a mountain bike.
    But what I will say is, I am getting stuff from Hong Kong there with a while and using DHL Express and have never got caught.

I don't know is it because they are rushing more with the express stuff or what but it it works so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭webpal

Got my delivery today and didn’t get charged any customs fees. When I got the parcel $23 was the value on the parcel even though I paid $84, so that probably explains that

Luck of the draw I've had packages pulled that were marked down. So always factor in having to pay customs if you don't bonus

I don't mind paying customs. I hate paying DHL. They also have their volumetric weight calculator, which they insist is paid by the receiver if a parcel is shipped by their system and hasn't got the shipping price marked on it clearly. The volumetric weight calculator can easily add €100 to the price.
    They don't back down when they are wrong, it's a long drawn out process with them holding your parcel for ransom and threatening to destroy it if it isn't worked out in their allotted timeframe (which it won't be).
    Their €15 charge (or whatever it is now) for handling is theft.
    They have been generally unpleasant to deal with in my experience.
    But they don't care, because the individual is not their real customer (except when it comes to paying volumetric calculated charges and handling + VAT), the wholesaler/seller is. They don't want to have to deal with the individual items.

New regulations are being introduced in China, to check more carefully on sellers underpricing the payment on the parcels.
    So they will either start to charge actual Chinese prices, or will have to charge us the correct tax at their end or mark it/declare it on the way.

They are due to start ensuring it in 2019, I am not sure of any date that they have as a deadline, or if there is one.
    But it might make a big difference.
    There are plenty of items that are already cheaper on amazon anyway, so it may not make much of a difference.

Some sellers have started to do it already. For example this seller mainly targets Russia.
    This clothes steamer doesn't ship to Ireland, so shows the Russian price of $29.92.
    If you change country, the price and shipping changes.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SC-288-Garment-Steamer-Iron-Adjustable-Clothes-Steamer-With-70-Minutes-Of-Continuous-Steam-1800W-1/32851379374.html
    For example, UK is $60.28 + $10.53 shipping. Germany is $61.60 + $10.53, Netherland/Spain is $58.08 + $10.53 etc.

You may want to order your bobs n bits now..

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Suckit wrote: »
    New regulations are being introduced in China, to clamp down on sellers underpricing the payment on the parcels.
    So they will either start to charge actual Chinese prices, or will have to charge us the correct tax at their end or mark it/declare it on the way.

They are due to start rolling out in 2019, I am not sure of any date that they have as a deadline

Do you have a source or article or anything about these new laws because I couldn't find any reference to it when I tried googling it.

• Advertisement

scottigael wrote: »
    Do you have a source or article or anything about these new laws because I couldn't find any reference to it when I tried googling it.

Yeah a couple of foreign language sites. 'Clamping down' was probably a bit of an overstatement. It is more like they have been directed to follow guidelines (I have edited above). Sites like Aliexpress, Banggood, Tomtop and others (JD/Joybuy are the biggest I believe) are introducing tariff insurance across more of their items.

I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

I got nabbed by customs today. €17.59 on a value of €33 for the product, doh!

Del007 wrote: »

Ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Del007 wrote: »

What shipment method did you use?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

Esel wrote: »
    What shipment method did you use?

Just the standard shipping.

It's the first time that I've ever been done by customs so I can't really complain much

Guys sometimes I pay a little bit extra for the standard AliExpress shipping as it's supposed to be quicker. Yet I notice the seller still use something like Singapore post. Bit annoying to be honest. Anyone else have this happen to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Guys sometimes I pay a little bit extra for the standard AliExpress shipping as it's supposed to be quicker. Yet I notice the seller still use something like Singapore post. Bit annoying to be honest. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Yes. Contact the seller and question it with them. They might refund you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi all,

Looking for a half decent security web cameras with recorder. Anyone bought one from these guys.

Also looking for a panic alarm for the mother either wrist or pendant. Again would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

scottigael wrote: »

Its actually the US threatening to pull out of a global postal agreement that allows China and other emerging nations to post stuff for next to nothing, and the potential knock on effects.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/17/trump-universal-postal-union-withdraw-foreign-postal-rates

Edited -Wireless (different make) for $1.43 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-S6-Sport-Wireless-Headphone-Bluetooth-Earphone-Headphone-For-Phone-with-Mic-Earphone-For-iPhone/32953193517.html

Earphones with mic and control for $1.59 red, white, black or gold
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bass-Subwoofer-Earphone-for-phone-DJ-mp3-Sport-Earphones-Headset-Earbud-auriculares-Double-Unit-Drive-In/32953668117.html

"Listening to music and thinking about something" :D
    zZCZcGV.jpg?1

Brand Name: lieve
    Model Number: T1105
    Function: For Mobile Phone,for Video Game,Monitor Headphone,HiFi Headphone,For iPod,Sport,Common Headphone
    Active Noise-Cancellation: Yes
    Support Memory Card: No
    Connectors: 3.5mm
    Line Length: 1.2m
    Plug Type: Line Type
    Vocalism Principle: Hybrid technology
    Wireless Type: None
    Support APP: No
    With Microphone: Yes
    Support Apt-x: No
    Style: In-Ear
    Sensitivity: 103dB
    Resistance: 16Ω
    Volume Control: Yes
    Communication: Wired
    Frequency Response Range: 20-20000Hz
    Waterproof: Yes
    Is wireless: No
    Control Button: Yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ordered stuff last Monday night......arrived today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭b.gud

slave1 wrote: »
    Ordered stuff last Monday night......arrived today :eek:

Same here, thought it must be something I ordered ages ago that I forgot about :)

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bg8c1RzB

How cool is this? I want one and if the offer is still on when I get paid I'll be getting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Invincible

ImARebel wrote: »

How cool is this? I want one and if the offer is still on when I get paid I'll be getting one

Is that you Roy!?

ImARebel wrote: »

Slightly cheaper - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Popular-Creative-Mechanical-Gears-3D-Wooden-Puzzle-For-Children-Movement-Assembled-Locomotive-Steam-Stem-Gift/32950588988.html

Don't forget to hit the coupon for an extra €0.90 off too (€2.68 for new user).

I'm so sad, I just think that's a deadly little kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ordered a few bit saturday night, one arrived today! :O

what is going on?

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

RossieMan wrote: »
    ordered a few bit saturday night, one arrived today! :O

what is going on?

Building false confidence before Chinese new year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Fancy a Nokia 3110 or a radioactive keyring light?

https://youtu.be/h37GrSJTk6Y

• Advertisement

Advertisement