Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Suckit wrote:
    Thought these looked decent for $20 -

Are they actual copies of a brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,046 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I buy a lot of stuff from China but footwear has never been a success for me.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

great deal for 3 mesh network access points ( like google wifi )

tenda mw6

review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Suckit wrote: »

You may as well buy a pair in Penneys. At least you know they will fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,530 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Look like reebok to me

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I buy a lot of stuff from China but footwear has never been a success for me.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Look like reebok to me
    I read a review, the pair third in (look more like adidas than reebok), but I guess that they are all similar in quality (I went for the "blue 03" pair).

I have bought footwear from China before many times, but from yupoo mainly ;).
    I don't think I have ever bought from aliexpress, but the price delivered and quality according to the review was good (including the size - US I think). Telegram channel. The reviews go in depth (in that channel). For €18 delivered, I thought it was worth finding out for myself, so I gues I will know in a month or so.
    I walk my dog over a beaten track and an area that can be marshy/swampy. The current pair I wear while walking the dog cost me €45 in the sale, for the comfort mainly, these look similar to those but for less than half of the price.

Edited - I have seen that they are down lower (€10 - €14) in the stores under the reviews.

Would you not try sports direct locally they have some decent sales on all year round and you can try them on rather than take the risk from China

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I read a review, the pair third in (look more like adidas than reebok), but I guess that they are all similar in quality (I went for the "blue 03" pair).

I have bought footwear from China before many times, but from yupoo mainly ;).
    I don't think I have ever bought from aliexpress, but the price delivered and quality according to the review was good (including the size - US I think). Telegram channel. The reviews go in depth (in that channel). For €18 delivered, I thought it was worth finding out for myself, so I gues I will know in a month or so.
    I walk my dog over a beaten track and an area that can be marshy/swampy. The current pair I wear while walking the dog cost me €45 in the sale, for the comfort mainly, these look similar to those but for less than half of the price.

Edited - I have seen that they are down lower (€10 - €14) in the stores under the reviews.

Did you order based on the UK or european sizes? Because when i looked at their size chart the equivalent sizes were wrong.

Would you not try sports direct locally they have some decent sales on all year round and you can try them on rather than take the risk from China
    I've not been into the store, but I have ordered from them and mandmdirect. 3 pairs between them, cheapest pair I ordered was €37 delivered and haven't had much success in them lasting. I have had one pair the sole was far too thin. One pair split from the sole and the last pair just didn't last at all. The sole cracked and started letting in water. I was told by somebody after that, that outlets sell inferior versions. (No idea how true that is).
    Did you order based on the UK or european sizes? Because when i looked at their size chart the equivalent sizes were wrong.
    That was what I was trying to get from the original reviewer. He said in the review "There were no problems with the sizes, I bought size 42 and 265 mm wide foot length - sneakers in size". So I guess he ordered size 8.5
    I have 26.5cm length also, so I ordered 8.5 and left a note with the seller.
    In any case, I will post when (if) they arrive . They could be a disaster. :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

2 more items ordered in the 12th of jan delivered today. They've finally sorted themselves out, just before Chinese New year!

• Advertisement

I've not been into the store, but I have ordered from them and mandmdirect. 3 pairs between them, cheapest pair I ordered was €37 delivered and haven't had much success in them lasting. I have had one pair the sole was far too thin. One pair split from the sole and the last pair just didn't last at all. The sole cracked and started letting in water. I was told by somebody after that, that outlets sell inferior versions. (No idea how true that is).

That was what I was trying to get from the original reviewer. He said in the review "There were no problems with the sizes, I bought size 42 and 265 mm wide foot length - sneakers in size". So I guess he ordered size 8.5
    I have 26.5cm length also, so I ordered 8.5 and left a note with the seller.
    In any case, I will post when (if) they arrive . They could be a disaster. :o:D

Best trainers I bought for walking were ASICS, I walked 20km a day for over a year and the trainers lasted very well, these can be found in store in sports direct on sale quite often and also cummins sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Best trainers I bought for walking were ASICS, I walked 20km a day for over a year and the trainers lasted very well, these can be found in store in sports direct on sale quite often and also cummins sports

I only buy Asics,great support.

Quality is cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Do they not take PayPal anymore?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭cena

cena wrote: »

DHGate have no rules against counterfeit goods, so while you will get it, it more than likely will be fake and could get stopped and destroyed at customs if they catch it. But also, quality may suffer, although the 4 reviews seem decent.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I bought a jersey off a seller there. It was an alternative champions League strip and kinda hard to find a good fake of. The photos advertised were stock photos and in the end the jersey I got was a mix of the home and the champions League Jersey. Eventually after much explaining they refunded me.

They're worth a punt, but imo don't expect them to get it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've bought a bit of stuff from DH Gate. Just use a seller with decent feedback and order quantities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭corkie

Anniversary Sale in 2 days!

Anyone see any good bargains?

Or is it another case of inflated prices before the sale again?

HTB1pMYnJVzqK1RjSZFvq6AB7VXaN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've bought loads of stuff, great for "replica" stuff for cheap. Get something with plenty of reviews, some people leave photo reviews too. But American jerseys are generally very good, plenty of youtube reviews. Expect the usually 2-4 week delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

corkie wrote: »
    Anniversary Sale in 2 days!

Anyone see any good bargains?

Or is it another case of inflated prices before the sale again?

HTB1pMYnJVzqK1RjSZFvq6AB7VXaN.jpg

inflated prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

I just bought a couple of these.
    500ml Double-layer aluminum insulation sports bottle for $3.35/€2.95 per bottle.
    I chose delivery from France. If not delivered by 13th of July full refund.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33020703418.html

Forgot this thread existed, saw these codes - probably the best place to post them.

€3 off €30: 3WMES3
    €4 off €35: DECESELL4
    €6 off €55: 3WMES6
    €8 off €60: DECESELL8
    €10 off €80: 3WMES10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

Forgot this thread existed, saw these codes - probably the best place to post them.

€3 off €30: 3WMES3
    €4 off €35: DECESELL4
    €6 off €55: 3WMES6
    €8 off €60: DECESELL8
    €10 off €80: 3WMES10

Not working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

fAzI wrote: »
    Not working?
    Not for me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Hi All, has anyone else noticed that some sellers are now not delivering to ireland? I had a couple of items in my cart ready to go and since yesterday they now say that they cant deliver to Ireland.

fAzI wrote: »
    Not working?
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Not for me. :(

Expired fairly quickly. I think maybe midnight Chinese time, not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

Kander wrote: »
    Hi All, has anyone else noticed that some sellers are now not delivering to ireland? I had a couple of items in my cart ready to go and since yesterday they now say that they cant deliver to Ireland.

I've noticed this with a few sellers of late too, Also some sellers who shipped to Ireland for free and are now charging shipping. I wondered if it was from claims for non delivery over the past year that they are now covering their backs

Another one of note is sellers that will ship from an EU country eg spain/france but charge something silly like €12 but offer free shipping from china

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

5500 wrote: »
    I've noticed this with a few sellers of late too, Also some sellers who shipped to Ireland for free and are now charging shipping. I wondered if it was from claims for non delivery over the past year that they are now covering their backs

Another one of note is sellers that will ship from an EU country eg spain/france but charge something silly like €12 but offer free shipping from china

I am still waiting for €40+ worth of stuff from AE. It was all posted in March this year. I know it is in a pile of crap in an Anpost warehouse, but they don't give a fuKK.
    I have basically stopped ordering from AE because of this, I know its not their fault and it is 100% Anpost's, but the fact that AE now automatically asumes you have received your items without any recourse open to the buyer is a sickener.

I used to love the site, but I actually think it has become one of the most un-consumer friendly sites about now.

My 2c.

Advertisement