Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

Is Alibaba a genuine site, or just a scammer site ?

It's genuine, it's the parent company of AliExpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

112143 wrote: »
    It's genuine, it's the parent company of AliExpress.

looks like it's full of scammers, can't trust anyone on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You haven't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Harsh, coming from a country that has donedeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭DopeTech

blade1 wrote: »
    Harsh, coming from a country that has donedeal.

Exactly, it's the equivalent of ebay. It has good and bad on it. Just do your research on the seller and check rating beforehand and you'll not get stung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

glasso wrote: »
    to be honest there are literally millions of items on aliexpress so a bargain alert thread is a bit pointless.

the things normally sell at the same price all year except for the 11/11 sale where it's more about coupons offering money off than item discounts

if you want to save money you have to browse through the different sellers offering the same item and find the best price + shipping combo

if you see any non-branded item listed on amazon you can most likely find it on Aliexpress if you look for it

I completely understand that but bought few items that people recommended from that thread that were great.. not sure why thread is gone but could be useful for some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

glasso wrote: »
    to be honest there are literally millions of items on aliexpress so a bargain alert thread is a bit pointless.

the things normally sell at the same price all year except for the 11/11 sale where it's more about coupons offering money off than item discounts

if you want to save money you have to browse through the different sellers offering the same item and find the best price + shipping combo

if you see any non-branded item listed on amazon you can most likely find it on Aliexpress if you look for it

By that logic an Amazon bargains thread is pointless too.

The more bargain threads the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Doge wrote: »
    By that logic an Amazon bargains thread is pointless too.

The more bargain threads the merrier.

Exactly if I could thank twice I would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Decent price tracker, recently been updated - https://www.aliprice.com/
    This has reviews sorted with Pictures of the product. Also handy and updated recently - http://alipic.net/

A couple of blogs I came across a few years back, but haven't looked at them in a long time, they may be worth a look at:
    https://aliholic.com/
    https://alixblog.com/en/

RossieMan wrote: »
    You haven't a clue.

Oh right, so I could buy 20 tons, and I'd get it .?? Countless ads like this, I want to buy vegetable oil, and you tell me i can trust all these ads??

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Cooking-Oil-Vegetable-Oil-Sunflower-Oil_1700005417330.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.58f07a2aZTJwoo

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    Exactly, it's the equivalent of ebay. It has good and bad on it. Just do your research on the seller and check rating beforehand and you'll not get stung.

So find me a supplier of vegetable oil................... bet you can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Oh right, so I could buy 20 tons, and I'd get it .?? Countless ads like this, I want to buy vegetable oil, and you tell me i can trust all these ads??

[...]

Alibaba (in brief) is a site for buying in bulk.

Yes, you'd get it. But the price you see excludes freight, customs, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭iknorr

Is Alibaba a genuine site, or just a scammer site ?

Its a genuine site but its not very good.

Yes, you can get cheap stuff, but thats it, its cheap in both price and quality.

Its hit and miss but most items will take 6 weeks to arrive. You might be lucky like me in that a few things i ordered arrived within 2 weeks.

There customer service will try to bargain you down if the product arrives "not as described"...they bargain with you on the refund amount...you will hav to take pictures and spend ages fighting over stuff to get a refund.

Most of the electrical goods are not CE marked...as in they ar not saf as per european standards and wouldnt b allowed to b sold here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Cooking-Oil-Vegetable-Oil-Sunflower-Oil_1700005417330.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.58f07a2aZTJwoo

You're aware of ships that come into ports around the country? You know the big ones with loads of containers on them? It's possible one of these will be full of bottles vegetable oil. The man who gets it sells it to restaurants in smaller batches for more money. Thus making a few quid. Any more questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

Alibaba is generally used for btb sales and generally bulk orders. There is some sellers who sell small amount orders ect but I've purchased bulk container sea shipments on there without problem. Contact various sellers, get a feel for them and go from there,

if you've no experience of dealing with fob shipping and customs ect then its probably not for you if your looking to buy in bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

How safe is Ali Express? Looking for a replacement battery for my sons hoverboard and they have them at a 1/4 the price. Is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

I've bought a lot of items at pretty much that rate compared to B&M here. I've never bought what you're getting, but I'd give it the thumbs up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

How safe is Ali Express? Looking for a replacement battery for my sons hoverboard and they have them at a 1/4 the price. Is it worth it?

Very safe to order from.

Safety of product? The quality varies. You kinda get what you pay for so don't expect the full quality or safety of a product four times the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

AliExpress is safe and their customer service is very good. But check reviews on the product and Google the brand and model of the battery before purchasing.
    AliExpress don't actually sell the products, it's just a platform similar to eBay that different sellers use.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Where's the actual bargain thread? The link in the first post doesn't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,830 ✭✭✭✭zell12

jdon72 wrote: »
    Where's the actual bargain thread? The link in the first post doesn't work
    It's a bit moot, as generally Aliexpress is a bargain.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105206416

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tghkhbd

Thank you, but after using this price tracker“” aliprice . com “”, I don’t find it helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,830 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is 11/11 going on this year? Can't see it on homepage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭corkie

No mention of it on this thread, last year!

Don't know if it is still a thing this year?

If it still a thing, would the vat changes last year rule out any chance of getting bargains (unless shipping from within EU)?

Even when 11/11 was a thing, it usually was items inflated in price before the sale day.

haven't ordered anything in ages from here - a lot (but not near all obviously) of the same things are available on amazon now for only a little bit more expensive if you have prime and with more genuine and detailed reviews on the items (so you have a better idea of what you're getting) and vastly quicker delivery obviously (with the bonus that it will actually arrive as opposed to hoping that it will arrive although you must beware of punters sending from China too from Amazon in some cases)

anybody still ordering small items from there - if so - what sort of delivery times are you getting on the normal post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭amber2

4/5 weeks ish, few items have gone missing, as many items are being sent to a European depot and being repacked/relabelled and forwarded. one or two bits with missing iOSS numbers didn’t clear customs, received custom charges for more than the value of the item so they were returned by customs and refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Same time for me but I can't remember the last time I didn't receive an order or had issues with customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

4 weeks delivery time. Never had missing, returned items or additional customs. Parcels arrive either in Netherlands or Germany go through customs there and get repackaged. This adds a week or two to delivery otherwise would probably get it in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Can I ask - do you choose delivery from Europe (Spain/France) etc or go with normal China delivery?

I always try to get items that deliver from Europe, but there are items I'd like to order that only ship from China. I'm too chicken to risk it. Got stung with customs too many times in the past with other sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Aliexpress take care of the customs side. I haven't had a customs issue with any aliexpress order since the rules changed last year.

Advertisement