Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silken park, citywest

Options
  • 10-05-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I see that the second phase has been completely sold out! From websites it looks like they are building 60 houses in that second phase, how long would it generally take to build 60 homes? Does anyone know when this development will be completed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cawleyp2

We bought one in feb phase. Completion date is mid sept. Assuming May phase will have similar timescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Emb2018

cawleyp2 wrote: »
    We bought one in feb phase. Completion date is mid sept. Assuming May phase will have similar timescale.

Ah I didn't realise they sold some on Feb! We bought one two weeks ago at the 'pre launch' and apparently they all sold then but I see some up for sale at a higher price today, they must have been cancellations! I wonder was the recent launch the second half of the same phase, it looks like 60 being built in total! We were told they won't be finished until Jan or Feb but was just worried about the loan approval as you generally only have 6 months to draw it down so was hoping they might be ready a little before to save us having to reapply for mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Emb2018 wrote: »
    Ah I didn't realise they sold some on Feb! We bought one two weeks ago at the 'pre launch' and apparently they all sold then but I see some up for sale at a higher price today, they must have been cancellations! I wonder was the recent launch the second half of the same phase, it looks like 60 being built in total! We were told they won't be finished until Jan or Feb but was just worried about the loan approval as you generally only have 6 months to draw it down so was hoping they might be ready a little before to save us having to reapply for mortgage

It's not a full reapply, you'll just be asked for a few bits. Nothing to worry about. Best of luck with the new place.

(Also some banks have extensions once it's for a specific property)

Ahh! Congrats. Such an exciting time.

If our build schedule pushes out we will need to reapply too. Our bank documentation runs out end of Sept. I will keep you posted :)

Ahh! Congrats. Such an exciting time.

If our build schedule pushes out we will need to reapply too. Our bank documentation runs out end of Sept. I will keep you posted :)

Yes please do keep me posted! I can't wait to move in, it looks like a nice quiet little estate! Best of luck over the next few months. I hope you get in soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kunled

Emb2018

I also bought a pre launch about a month ago. No 78. I have also just got approved of my mortgage loan. It's ridiculous that it will expiry before the house is completed. I got a confirmation of when the completion date will be from Andrew Long who is newly director looking after the property.

Are you getting the help to buy scheme?

Kunled wrote: »
    Emb2018

I also bought a pre launch about a month ago. No 78. I have also just got approved of my mortgage loan. It's ridiculous that it will expiry before the house is completed. I got a confirmation of when the completion date will be from Andrew Long who is newly director looking after the property.

Are you getting the help to buy scheme?

No we don't qualify for the help to buy scheme as we are not first time buyers unfortubately.

what completion date have they given you? When we put booking deposit down they down is January or February! So my bank held off as long as possible to request the letter of offer as we will have 6 mo the from the day we receive that to draw down they mortgage and they said they can get a 30 day extension! So hopefukky we have that letter by end of next week which in total with an extension would bring us up until beginning of January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kunled

<mod snip: please don't request identifying information on a public forum>

When I put the deposit down I was told October/November.

But now I'm told it be ready for snagging end of December and by January completed ready for move in. I have just got my mortgage approve. The Loan offer coming in next week. I have been told I could extend it but will have to probably re submit a couple of document so everything still in order. What bank are u getting loan from?

No we don't qualify for the help to buy scheme as we are not first time buyers unfortubately.

what completion date have they given you? When we put booking deposit down they down is January or February! So my bank held off as long as possible to request the letter of offer as we will have 6 mo the from the day we receive that to draw down they mortgage and they said they can get a 30 day extension! So hopefukky we have that letter by end of next week which in total with an extension would bring us up until beginning of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sebyke

Hi all.
    we have also purchased one in Feb.
    our should be ready to snag in July but can be delayed .will see
    area nice have a friend living there over a year and no complaints so far .
    We have applied for HTB scheme - use it if u can! huge help.
    any Q ping me for direction in this subject . had my run :-)

Should u have issue w expiring of yr mortgage basically banks need to see that there is no change in yr work or anything that should effect your repayment competency As i was also advised - should it get closer to you mortgage renewal get yr payslips in advance, even check w your lender about how to proceed

sebyke wrote: »
    Hi all.
    we have also purchased one in Feb.
    our should be ready to snag in July but can be delayed .will see
    area nice have a friend living there over a year and no complaints so far .
    We have applied for HTB scheme - use it if u can! huge help.
    any Q ping me for direction in this subject . had my run :-)

Should u have issue w expiring of yr mortgage basically banks need to see that there is no change in yr work or anything that should effect your repayment competency As i was also advised - should it get closer to you mortgage renewal get yr payslips in advance, even check w your lender about how to proceed

That's good news! I hope you get in soon, they rang me the other day to say our house will be ready for snag in the next few weeks and I nearly died cos our one won't be ready until the very end so I said that and he apologised as he thought he was getting the number of our one confused! Would love to be moving in July but happy to wait.

Only reason I was concerned about the mortgage expiring is if they change lending rules in October budget and also mortgage rates are quite good now they could go up if we have to reapply!

Best of luck with the snag. Keep us updated with your move!

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil! Hope u can move soon as well.Exciting time :)

did not know they do changes in October , so i see yr concerns  but as far as Im aware house 37 and 51 are the one ready for July  and the 52 64 possibly the september  but that was told us in Feb when booked the house so anything can happen.

Good luck all!  
    once have the snag  let u know how it went

Hi again.. last update is that second week in July will start the snag .Hoping to be able move in first week in august :-)

Great news Sebyke - I'd say you are very excited. Hopefully the Sept phase stays on target. Thanks for update.

thanks a lot cawleyp2! hope they have updates for you soon as well.
    Should hear from them next week w updates!

Hi all . just a q . any of you with kids?

Hi all . just a q . any of you with kids?
    none for us (yet...!)

;)
    none for us (yet...!)

agent just emailed me that ESB still delay w fixing the meters so hoping start snag next week or so...

none for us (yet...!)

Yes I have a little boy who is 3 years and 8 months and a little girls who is 15 months!

Great! mine lil man is 4 and a half . my friend who lives there has a 15 months old lil boy and mentioned several families w kids
    1 + age living in the area and also a playground should be built there by next year
    :-)

• Advertisement

Great! mine lil man is 4 and a half . my friend who lives there has a 15 months old lil boy and mentioned several families w kids
    1 + age living in the area and also a playground should be built there by next year
    :-)

That Ian lovely, it looks like a nice quiet family estate any time I drive up! Any word on your phase? Our valuation report had a completion date of 16th November but estate agent had told us January or February and recently one guy from estate sent said it could be march or April

That Ian lovely, it looks like a nice quiet family estate any time I drive up! Any word on your phase? Our valuation report had a completion date of 16th November but estate agent had told us January or February and recently one guy from estate sent said it could be march or April
    Our house is ready waiting for esb get the meters sorted to be able to snag. Hoping much next week. Fingers cross
    So odd w their dates. Not sure how they plan always delay at least a month

Our house is ready waiting for esb get the meters sorted to be able to snag. Hoping much next week. Fingers cross
    So odd w their dates. Not sure how they plan always delay at least a month

So looks ESB did some work today now electirican plumber need to do their job so this week hopefully all should b sorted and next week monday likely snag after this aprox 3 week ti have the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Hey guys! Your new hood is now on Waze and it will be live in the app with the next update, typically a few days.

Here's a screenshot from the editor:
    gIYSCiP.png

So looks ESB did some work today now electirican plumber need to do their job so this week hopefully all should b sorted and next week monday likely snag after this aprox 3 week ti have the keys.
    Are things on track for your snag? V exciting!

Are things on track for your snag? V exciting!

Should be happening on Monday! Getting excited. will post how it went.

Should be happening on Monday! Getting excited. will post how it went.

Hi. Went to see the place today but only from outside also the garden was open so were able to peak in. So far looks nice. Still bit s and pieces to be completed. Will see how snag goes. Will post some pics after. Monday action day

Popped down last night, we could now get into the road where houses 37-51 are. I have to say I was impressed with the feel of the road and the finish on the houses. Can't wait now for the opposite to be ready for snagging. Place is coming together nicely.

we went there yesterday as well. Our snag was completed awaiting report. overall pretty nice building with great spacious ground floor ( decent volume of storage place - of course will differ on house type ) great kitchen,spacious living room .entry hall good size too w under stairs storage
    upstairs room - en suit i find a bit small enough to put a bed but overall we only sleep there so not the worst one , another double bed room very spacious ( biggest on top floor ) the rest of the rooms small but single bed or a play room could be used for but since most of our time either kitchen of living room do not mind much the top floor.Bathroom also small but less cleaning :D
    kitchen nice finish .Very bright. overall feeling of the building felt right .
    will have more next week after the errors will be fixed ( so far looks only minor )

• Advertisement

we went there yesterday as well. Our snag was completed awaiting report. overall pretty nice building with great spacious ground floor ( decent volume of storage place - of course will differ on house type ) great kitchen,spacious living room .entry hall good size too w under stairs storage
    upstairs room - en suit i find a bit small enough to put a bed but overall we only sleep there so not the worst one , another double bed room very spacious ( biggest on top floor ) the rest of the rooms small but single bed or a play room could be used for but since most of our time either kitchen of living room do not mind much the top floor.Bathroom also small but less cleaning :D
    kitchen nice finish .Very bright. overall feeling of the building felt right .
    will have more next week after the errors will be fixed ( so far looks only minor )

Wow it looks great, sounds so nice! You must be so excited. I got a call from JLL today advising me there are lots of delays, I don't see why because any time I go to see the estate the houses are flying up! But they have told us closing date of April now!!! 😩 That seems so long away considering we put the booking deposit down April just gone!

Has your little guy started school yet? I have my son registered in a couple of schools but he won't be starting until September 2018 and I'm not sure where I should send him!

Advertisement