Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silken park, citywest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sebyke

can imagine. must be annoying for you. We had delays too almost 3 months ( last year my friends waited another 4 months so looks this is sort of a routine ) Hoping from this point no more than 3 weeks and we can start moving in .
    we have signed up our lil man to St.mary's for now only ( but long waiting list so looks as sept 2018 for us as well ) He is starting link creche just few minutes walk from the estate and they also do drop of and pick ups for this school .
    What school have you signed yr kiddo to?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Emb2018

sebyke wrote: »
    can imagine. must be annoying for you. We had delays too almost 3 months ( last year my friends waited another 4 months so looks this is sort of a routine ) Hoping from this point no more than 3 weeks and we can start moving in .
    we have signed up our lil man to St.mary's for now only ( but long waiting list so looks as sept 2018 for us as well ) He is starting link creche just few minutes walk from the estate and they also do drop of and pick ups for this school .
    What school have you signed yr kiddo to?

I actually visited links last week! My two are currently in creche in rathcoole and I was considering moving them now as we just sold and moved out of our home there but I might just let him finish his ecce there and move them both next June! I have him down for school in rathcoole and in clondalkin village but have not got him down for Saggart yet!

I was hoping we would be in silken park by the time the letters of acceptance come out for schoolbut that looks unlikely now

We are still living in lucan and when I have contacted the school i gave them both addresses and explained them the current situation School sent me a letter confirming my request was accepte d but our child is on the waiting list as 17 kids before him( they can surprise us and call us if free space will be available ) they noted our new address as within the parish so we are ok did not asked for other data at the moment .might change if he will be accepted to school but so fat we r on the waiting list
    I heard rathcool has good school as well. my friends girl started there year ago likes it so far,

We are still living in lucan and when I have contacted the school i gave them both addresses and explained them the current situation School sent me a letter confirming my request was accepte d but our child is on the waiting list as 17 kids before him( they can surprise us and call us if free space will be available ) they noted our new address as within the parish so we are ok did not asked for other data at the moment .might change if he will be accepted to school but so fat we r on the waiting list
    I heard rathcool has good school as well. my friends girl started there year ago likes it so far,

Yes primary school in rathcoole is very good but I haven't heard good reports about the secondary school unfortunately! Rathcoole would be a little out of the way especially as traffic in rathcoole is so bad during school term we would have to go back to rathcoole and then pass silken park again to go to work so we are thinking of Saggart or clondalkin village

Emb2018 wrote: »
    Yes primary school in rathcoole is very good but I haven't heard good reports about the secondary school unfortunately! Rathcoole would be a little out of the way especially as traffic in rathcoole is so bad during school term we would have to go back to rathcoole and then pass silken park again to go to work so we are thinking of Saggart or clondalkin village

Good to know! We had the same dilema. So st marry s so far seems as good option .links also do pick up drop of
    Have u heard
    Anything about educate together? In the area

• Advertisement

Good to know! We had the same dilema. So st marry s so far seems as good option .links also do pick up drop of
    Have u heard
    Anything about educate together? In the area

No I haven't heard a thing about the educate together school other than links told me they also do pick up and drop off to there. I'm afraid I might be too late to register him for Saggart now as I heard a rumour a year ago they were full for September 2018! Will get his name down for there asap! That creche will be very handy when we move into silken park, I think I will let him finish his ecce in rathcoole and move both the kids next summer when we we have moved into the estate!

No I haven't heard a thing about the educate together school other than links told me they also do pick up and drop off to there. I'm afraid I might be too late to register him for Saggart now as I heard a rumour a year ago they were full for September 2018! Will get his name down for there asap! That creche will be very handy when we move into silken park, I think I will let him finish his ecce in rathcoole and move both the kids next summer when we we have moved into the estate!

Already booked! Crazy this works. Will contact them again at end of august to be sure they have his name
    There. Once i know more let u know.

Already booked! Crazy this works. Will contact them again at end of august to be sure they have his name
    There. Once i know more let u know.

Yes please do, I will try to
    Get my hands on a fork in the mean time and send it in waiting for the school when the come
    Back from summer holidays!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cawleyp2

Nice article on Passive House + about the development.

hi all. looks area open so anytime u drive around check the houses . Few people already moved in. Our snag went ok , small bits and pieces nothing major.The appliances need to be tested so on that part if any suprise the good news is that the builders are very cooperative.Even after u move in, we were told any issue just talk to them
    So so far this part seems good. hoping to have the closure next week!!!! and than the keys :-)

• Advertisement

cawleyp2 wrote: »
    Nice article on Passive House + about the development.

thanks for sharing

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me window measurements for the semi D houses? Our house won't be ready for snagging until march they are saying but I might pick some bits up in different sales along the way and was wondering if anyone had the window measurements?

dont have the measures yet If you drive around during the week till 3.30 builders are still there if you ask probably they would able to assist you
    if we have some measures will ping you.

Hi all. Finally got the keys last week.
    Hope all going for u all as planned without any delay. Guys working there every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ckyam23

I only see there is a thread for Silken Park, great to have a read of this, I purchased a 2+study in April this year and can not wait to move in, I was talking to Andrew last week and he told me it was going to be late December for snag. Is there anybody else waiting to move in? How is the area I am from Kildare so I don't know much?

Ckyam23 wrote: »
    I only see there is a thread for Silken Park, great to have a read of this, I purchased a 2+study in April this year and can not wait to move in, I was talking to Andrew last week and he told me it was going to be late December for snag. Is there anybody else waiting to move in? How is the area I am from Kildare so I don't know much?

I have found the thread very helpful so far! We purchased 3 bed semi in April also and were told would be ready for Jan maybe Feb but was speaking with Andrew recently too and now we are being told snagging middle of march and keys beginning of April! Seems so far away but I'm sure it's worth the wait! It looks like such a lovely development so far! Fairly quiet which is good, clondalkin rugby club is right next door and kingswood hotel has a nice bar and restaurant. Corkagh park is only over the N7 bridge and then citywest shopping centre close by too, so I kinda like that everything is close but not too close as it means our development seems to be quite settled and quiet!

Hi all. Finally got the keys last week.
    Hope all going for u all as planned without any delay. Guys working there every day.

That is great news! Congratulations! When are you hoping to move in? Which type house have you got! Our one isn't even started yet so I don't want to be annoying the builders already about measurements and stuff but am excited to start picking up some bits over the next few months!

I work in Citywest so I drive down to the house nearly everyday & the houses are flying up so it is hard to see why it is January to March! I just want to move in already! The builders are lovely because every time I drive down they let me in to my house well the back garden. I love how close we are to things but yet not too close at the same time.

I work in Citywest so I drive down to the house nearly everyday & the houses are flying up so it is hard to see why it is January to March! I just want to move in already! The builders are lovely because every time I drive down they let me in to my house well the back garden. I love how close we are to things but yet not too close at the same time.

I drive in at least once a week also ha! Our house is on the road where the. Holders equipment and containers are, the semi d we are in is the last two houses to be built, I think they are making room to start building the detached house, so once that starts there is only 5 houses not started! I read an article saying they have a deadline of 12 weeks from start to finish of a house so I'm not sure if they have been able to keep to that, I know the builders said they were having some delays with the esb fitting boxes

I drive in at least once a week also ha! Our house is on the road where the. Holders equipment and containers are, the semi d we are in is the last two houses to be built, I think they are making room to start building the detached house, so once that starts there is only 5 houses not started! I read an article saying they have a deadline of 12 weeks from start to finish of a house so I'm not sure if they have been able to keep to that, I know the builders said they were having some delays with the esb fitting boxes

I heard this too but I was hoping they sorted that with the last phase and that ours won't be an issue. I regret when I bought I didn't take more pictures of the show house as I keep going to buy stuff and forget what it looks like lol. I see the show houses are bought but nobody lives in them yet wonder could you view again? I have to re apply for the mortgage offer in November as it will run out in December. Hope that is an easy process. We bought on the last row facing the green although they said December late snagging my husband is a builder and they take their holidays the early December so I can see it being February!!!

• Advertisement

I heard this too but I was hoping they sorted that with the last phase and that ours won't be an issue. I regret when I bought I didn't take more pictures of the show house as I keep going to buy stuff and forget what it looks like lol. I see the show houses are bought but nobody lives in them yet wonder could you view again? I have to re apply for the mortgage offer in November as it will run out in December. Hope that is an easy process. We bought on the last row facing the green although they said December late snagging my husband is a builder and they take their holidays the early December so I can see it being February!!!

We are the exact same on the mortgage! Suppose to draw down by 18th December but it's not going to be ready so definitely have to reapply. We got the mortgage with Ulster bank they said you can get a 30 day extension so that might be useful for you!

I don't want to start buying things at least until they have started our house ha! But yes I keep picking out colours and floors and dying to do the kids rooms, I have a 17 month old girl and my boy will be 4 in October so can't wait for them to finally have their own bedrooms!

We are the exact same on the mortgage! Suppose to draw down by 18th December but it's not going to be ready so definitely have to reapply. We got the mortgage with Ulster bank they said you can get a 30 day extension so that might be useful for you!

I don't want to start buying things at least until they have started our house ha! But yes I keep picking out colours and floors and dying to do the kids rooms, I have a 17 month old girl and my boy will be 4 in October so can't wait for them to finally have their own bedrooms!

That is so exciting for you guys, we don't have kids I think I will wait till after we re-apply for the mortgage lol. I can't help looking at couchs carpet etc.. there is a Facebook group called make a house a home and I am obsessed. Oh might wait till December to re apply so if it's 30 days but we are with AIB so might be different I'll find out. I went to have a look at the Citywest village houses on Thursday as I work across the road and they have gone up to nearly 400k so I think we all were very lucky with our purchases.

That is so exciting for you guys, we don't have kids I think I will wait till after we re-apply for the mortgage lol. I can't help looking at couchs carpet etc.. there is a Facebook group called make a house a home and I am obsessed. Oh might wait till December to re apply so if it's 30 days but we are with AIB so might be different I'll find out. I went to have a look at the Citywest village houses on Thursday as I work across the road and they have gone up to nearly 400k so I think we all were very lucky with our purchases.

We had our first mortgage with AIB, sold our apartment in July so cleared it thank god but they weren't at all helpful when it came to trying to upgrade to a house, we were really penalised in borrowing because we have two small kids, I'm hoping reapplying with Ulster bank when it expires won't be too bad! Yeah I agree we are very lucky! Them houses in citywest village are gorgeous!! I much prefer our location of silken park though!

We had our first mortgage with AIB, sold our apartment in July so cleared it thank god but they weren't at all helpful when it came to trying to upgrade to a house, we were really penalised in borrowing because we have two small kids, I'm hoping reapplying with Ulster bank when it expires won't be too bad! Yeah I agree we are very lucky! Them houses in citywest village are gorgeous!! I much prefer our location of silken park though!

We actually went with an AIB side company called Haven so they have been good so far but we will see come December. Yes them houses are beautiful but they have no parking and it is like 5 grand extra for a drive way also if you drive up they are building a halting site beside it and 40 council houses this was the talk at the last open viewing so in that sense i am glad of our locality. In one sense I am glad it is after Christmas as I will try buy in the January sales. We moved back home 2 years ago to save for the mortgage as with rent it was killing us!

We actually went with an AIB side company called Haven so they have been good so far but we will see come December. Yes them houses are beautiful but they have no parking and it is like 5 grand extra for a drive way also if you drive up they are building a halting site beside it and 40 council houses this was the talk at the last open viewing so in that sense i am glad of our locality. In one sense I am glad it is after Christmas as I will try buy in the January sales. We moved back home 2 years ago to save for the mortgage as with rent it was killing us!

I can't wait for the January sales too, I just hope our house has been started by then ha! Wow I hadn't heard much about citywest village just knew the prices were a lot more than what we were paying! I'm very happy with our ones! I didn't even know they were being built! We kept getting out bid on houses in clondalkin (where we are originally from) and in rathcoole (where we lived in our apartment for 8 years) and got so pi**ed off one day we had been out bid again and was on daft when a pop up advert came on screen for silken park, I emailed JLL that night and had response early the next morning saying there was a ore launch event at lunch time that day would I like to come! Went up for a look and que out the door so we ended up putting the booking deposit down after barely looking at it! An expensive lunch ha! But after looking at it the few days later I was delighted we decided to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Not sure were you are getting 400k from !?!!! I got one with my own parking spaces/front garden for 320K. 
    Oh and that Halting site is closer to silken park then Citywest Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭xpletiv

LOL about the halting site XD

I got a end terrace with driveway and view of mountains for 330k in CWV. There is literally no houses in the estate that are even near 400k, the most expensive i saw was a detached at 350k.

How much were Silken Park?

xpletiv wrote: »
    LOL about the halting site XD

I got a end terrace with driveway and view of mountains for 330k in CWV. There is literally no houses in the estate that are even near 400k, the most expensive i saw was a detached at 350k.

How much were Silken Park?

Jesus guys you already trying to start a neighbour hood war. I went over last week and heard people giving out saying this you can correct me in a better manner as there was nothing meant by it. And both you guys spent 350 & 320 well must be a well paid job as a keyboard warrior. Fyi think you guys should start your own thread as this is friendly chat for Silken Park people. Best of luck with your move to CWV if you read the posts correctly you would see that we also said the houses are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Its an open forum. Nothing stopping us coming in and commenting on here. Especially since its a close by and its good to know whats going on around.

I don;t know where your mad figures of 400k came from, even word of mouth around the estate, as there were none for even near that much. So we're just correcting you.
    I looked at Silken Park; they were ok. Much preferred what Im getting in CWV, obviously. How much were Silken Park going for?

• Advertisement

xpletiv wrote: »
    Its an open forum. Nothing stopping us coming in and commenting on here. Especially since its a close by and its good to know whats going on around.

I don;t know where your mad figures of 400k came from, even word of mouth around the estate, as there were none for even near that much. So we're just correcting you.
    I looked at Silken Park; they were ok. Much preferred what Im getting in CWV, obviously. How much were Silken Park going for?

Well sorry if I got the price range wrong like I said in my original post I heard, miss heard is all hunny you should take it as a compliment, so sounds like silken and CWV are in and around same price. Best of luck with your buy anyways lovely houses like we said.

Advertisement