Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silken park, citywest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kdoyeni

Ckyam23 wrote: »
    I only see there is a thread for Silken Park, great to have a read of this, I purchased a 2+study in April this year and can not wait to move in, I was talking to Andrew last week and he told me it was going to be late December for snag. Is there anybody else waiting to move in? How is the area I am from Kildare so I don't know much?

Hi we also purchased 2 bed + study at very end of April on the day of pre launch as they pretty much sold out fast. Yes same with me I have a date for snag to be week of 11th is December. Originally we were expecting move in to be by end of the this year but there has been delays ESB I heard so it will be start of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sebyke

Thanks!
    1st night there.Area quiet , neighbors seem all nice so far , but only saw them :)
    We have the semid. and as I saw 52 53 and 54 almost ready to move in . 54 has a great size of garden whoever is getting it will love it . Overall 1st impression great ..
    so far so good. Will post some pics later about the site . but if yo have time drive around it is open so u can have a look to get some idea about the progress

xpletiv - try to email the agent in charge if you can have a look at the show houses.I f available .
    Might get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ando999

We also bought a 2 bed and study. We are in the middle of snaggin, we are hoping to be in at the end of the month/start of oct. Whats this about a halting site nearby?

which halting site ? heard something should b around lidl CW but that only a rumour anyone knows any facts?

• Advertisement

sebyke wrote: »
    which site ?

Further back on the thread it was said there was goin to b a halting site near?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

hey Guys,

Here is a news piece about new social housing in the area. Its close enough to both CWV ( where I bough) and Silken Park.

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/rapid-build-houses-start-at-st-aidan-s-in-tallaght

Most communities like Clontarf are pushing back on Council housing in their areas for obvious reasons, the SDCC sneaked a lot of it near Tallaght/Citywest as the areas are still upcoming and there is no protest from residents.

80 houses is a lot when you compare it to other areas where only 20 or 30 have been built at a time.

hey Guys,

Here is a news piece about new social housing in the area. Its close enough to both CWV ( where I bough) and Silken Park.

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/rapid-build-houses-start-at-st-aidan-s-in-tallaght

Most communities like Clontarf are pushing back on Council housing in their areas for obvious reasons, the SDCC sneaked a lot of it near Tallaght/Citywest as the areas are still upcoming and there is no protest from residents.

80 houses is a lot when you compare it to other areas where only 20 or 30 have been built at a time.

interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ckyam23

Kdoyeni wrote: »
    Hi we also purchased 2 bed + study at very end of April on the day of pre launch as they pretty much sold out fast. Yes same with me I have a date for snag to be week of 11th is December. Originally we were expecting move in to be by end of the this year but there has been delays ESB I heard so it will be start of next year.

Oh you already got a snag date we were just told end of December that is exciting hopefully we will be in early January can't wait, the houses are flying up altogether. Guys if anybody has moved in would love to see pictures especially myself of the 2+study.

Oh you already got a snag date we were just told end of December that is exciting hopefully we will be in early January can't wait, the houses are flying up altogether. Guys if anybody has moved in would love to see pictures especially myself of the 2+study.

Yea we put deposit down in feb so was delayed a bit with esb etc..but exciting times hopefully u get in for christmas

• Advertisement

Ando999 wrote: »
    Yea we put deposit down in feb so was delayed a bit with esb etc..but exciting times hopefully u get in for christmas

Sounds like everybody is happy so far which is a good thing delighted. How much did you guys who have moved in pay for snagging if you don't mind me asking? What came up on the snag? And how long after you got the go ahead to snag did you guys move in?

Ye I called a girl called Aideen she works for Durkan Residential so she has rough dates, she was great help. They seem to be flying up we at the very back also. I went over yday and had a look most of the very back are nearly completed apart from the end 5 which are just up.

Kdoyeni wrote: »
    Ye I called a girl called Aideen she works for Durkan Residential so she has rough dates, she was great help. They seem to be flying up we at the very back also. I went over yday and had a look most of the very back are nearly completed apart from the end 5 which are just up.

I had a look myself today they look great we are at the very back also our house is built, usually I just talk to Andrew about it but all I get is early January so seems to be the same, even if snagging is 11th of dec probably wont get much done.. but i dont know really how long it takes. By next March the whole estate will be done!!!

I had a look myself today they look great we are at the very back also our house is built, usually I just talk to Andrew about it but all I get is early January so seems to be the same, even if snagging is 11th of dec probably wont get much done.. but i dont know really how long it takes. By next March the whole estate will be done!!!

Houses 🡠going up quickly. Can sneak into some gardens if u around 😊To get a. Bettet look. We r living there now for a week. Finding bits a pieces not working or not done properly but once u email the agent builders are trying to fix it asap. So so far all good. Except noicy water pump but next week they comming to check it neighbours so far nice. Even w building site onnot too loud. Houses 52 53 54 55 56 look all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cawleyp2

Can anyone PM a snagger recommendation? Anyone you would be happy to pass on? Thank you in advance.

cawleyp2 wrote: »
    Can anyone PM a snagger recommendation? Anyone you would be happy to pass on? Thank you in advance.

We used <snip>, we were happy with them

Houses 🡠going up quickly. Can sneak into some gardens if u around 😊To get a. Bettet look. We r living there now for a week. Finding bits a pieces not working or not done properly but once u email the agent builders are trying to fix it asap. So so far all good. Except noicy water pump but next week they comming to check it neighbours so far nice. Even w building site onnot too loud. Houses 52 53 54 55 56 look all done.

Keep sneaking into the back garden myself to take pictures over the wall, I would say you guys who have moved in facing the 50s are sick of people driving down to look in, I was there yesterday and everybody has bins outside... can someone tell me what is included in the maintenance charge that we pay?

52 +houses have bins outside as [font=arial, sans-serif]Greyhound [/font]had put their bins there ( as far as I know without knowledge of the house owners) Thorntons recycling are the other company in the area collecting bins. Likely greyhound wants to beat the competitor by placing their bins there. Hence you saw bins outside.
    management fees are for light /streets maintenance as your parking and path not our property so they clean and look after it, cut the grass and so on.if  you need more data on this ask your agent.

Roughly how long after snag did you folks get your move in date?
    Did much come up in your snag that needed attention?
    Have been given an Oct date for our snag. Getting very close now.

Hi  , nothing major  just small issues and those were fixed within a week . after if u wish u can have  checked again by same snag person or u can do it yrself. Once u r happy  and have the money from the bank week top 2 and u get the keys

• Advertisement

Got to snag yday. Minor issues only. Very impressed with finish. The electricity is still not connected, the builders were able to commission appliances with a generator. Should have connection soon enough.
    Have found dealing with Durkan folks directly the easiest part of the buying process, very open and available to answer any questions.

congrats ! almost there :-D

We did our snag 6th of sept..we have yet to get the keys. I dont know what the delay is so frustrating!

email Aideen and ask. She is very nice and helpful
    Once they had the money from our bank we had the keys in like 3 days
    Hope u guys can sort it out fast! good luck!

email Aideen and ask. She is very nice and helpful
    Once they had the money from our bank we had the keys in like 3 days
    Hope u guys can sort it out fast! good luck!

Thanks Yea i have been on to her she said theres no delay but i cant understand is why its a month now already waiting

Ando999 wrote: »
    Thanks Yea i have been on to her she said theres no delay but i cant understand is why its a month now already waiting

Let s just hope they wont let u wait too long. Have they got the money for the house? If yes u should have the keys any day. Be onto her daily. Yr house now.

Let s just hope they wont let u wait too long. Have they got the money for the house? If yes u should have the keys any day. Be onto her daily. Yr house now.

No we are waiting to close..thats why i was wondering was anyone else waiting this long since there snag

our went pretty fast. bank sent the money on Friday . our solicitor confirmed receiving and forwarding the funds on Monday and we had the keys on Thursday same week.
    Not sure if due to our solicitor requesting keys asap after completion of transaction or they just actually acted fast . Would maybe ask yr solicitor how long should this be going on if he can get a conformation form the other party Worth of trying.

Anyone get a call yesterday that closing of the purchase will now be earlier. I got a call that we will be closing earlier now and snag will be soon

• Advertisement

Hi, Does anyone know what appliances comes in the 2 bedroom plus study houses?

Advertisement