Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweaty Betty

• 10-05-2017 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello fashionistas...

Ok, so my question is about sweat, sweating and sweat patches. My wardrobe is monochorme except for the very odd jumper that hangs far away from the armpit zone.

I'm currently looking for a dress for a wedding in June and all I'm looking at so far is black but I would love to break out and wear an actual colour.

Any tips or tricks before I save up for some botox (which i'm realllly considering):eek:

Help a sister out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

have you tried the roll on deodorant you can get in boots that you put on over night and then wash off, basically stops you sweating
    my OH uses it for events and it works amazingly

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

Oh I never even knew it existed!!! It's it boots own brand do you know?
    have you tried the roll on deodorant you can get in boots that you put on over night and then wash off, basically stops you sweating

Tunage wrote: »
    Oh I never even knew it existed!!! It's it boots own brand do you know?          
    i cant remember the name but its in a normal deo roll on thing white packaging with blue and black writing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Mitchum is very highly rated and but I prefer Sure Maximum protection as it stains clothing less!

Both will leave you with dry pitts even if your forehead is pouring!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Sure Max strength is literally a life saver!! I use notice a massive difference when I use it. It's about 7.70 in Boots and they have it in most Tescos/Dunnes too. I didnt think the Mitchum one of the same price was great, but have never been let down by the sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Driclor is the job. Don't use it on freshly shaved or damp (even slightly damp!) pits or it'll sting like f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

I second the comment re Dricol!! It can hurt like hell! But it is good...!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Driclor is the job. Don't use it on freshly shaved or damp (even slightly damp!) pits or it'll sting like f*ck.
    thats the one! couldnt think of the name !

Super thanks for the responses guys... I just ordered that Driclor stuff on Amazon yesterday so hopefully it helps as I've a few weddings coming up (with the new boyf) and sweaty pits are one thing I don't want to be worrying about!

Tunage wrote:
    Super thanks for the responses guys... I just ordered that Driclor stuff on Amazon yesterday so hopefully it helps as I've a few weddings coming up (with the new boyf) and sweaty pits are one thing I don't want to be worrying about!

Try it out a few weeks before the wedding to make sure it suits you, it can irritate the skin especially if you're a regular shaver but it'sa fantastic product!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I used to have awful problems with sweating when I was a teenager. Thankfully grew out of it. Driclor used to burn like hell on me, tried it so many times but would burn so much. Perspirex is the one I used in the end. Just make sure your skin isn't sore beforehand and do not apply Driclor/Perspirex the same day after shaving...the pain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

If you do try Driclor make sure your underarm is DRY when you apply it or it will be insanely painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Another vote for Driclor - hope it works for you.

Thank you everyone. I really hope it doesn't burn too much and gets delivered soon! Wedding is next month!

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever considered Botox for sweating?

Tunage wrote:

My cousin has a problem with extreme sweating and it was destroying his nursing uniforms ad well as the embarrassment factor so he started getting botox injections several years ago, great solution for him.
    I considered it myself a few years ago but my problem disappeared when I lost some weight!

Cool, delighted for your cousin! I've lost weight over the last two years but unfortunately, I've noticed it worse since loosing weight. When I was massive I used to wear bright colours etc.. but now I stick to black and white. I've a lovely grey Bosco t-shirt but will only wear it if I've a zippy hoody to cover the pits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Thank you everyone. I really hope it doesn't burn too much and gets delivered soon! Wedding is next month!

DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT shave before using this :eek::eek:

Unbelievable how much it stings/burns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Another +1 for Driclor.

I also made the mistake of using it after shaving/while armpits were wet. I thought my armpits were on fire.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Another +1 for Driclor.

I also made the mistake of using it after shaving/while armpits were wet. I thought my armpits were on fire.

Same. i actually ended up on the bathroom floor sobbing with two damp face clothes under my armpits trying to stop the stinging.

Well it looks like I defo won't be using it after I shave then... :eek: Does not sound like fun!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Triple-Dry is another wear overnight, wash off one like Driclor. I found it much less irritating (had to stop using Driclor as my armpits were so dry the skin was actually cracking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Semele wrote: »
    Triple-Dry is another wear overnight, wash off one like Driclor. I found it much less irritating (had to stop using Driclor as my armpits were so dry the skin was actually cracking!)

Ouch... how many nights did you use Driclor for before you had to stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Ouch... how many nights did you use Driclor for before you had to stop?

Only about 3!

Picked up Garnier Ultra dry yesterday on a whim doing a quick shop and eh, yes, needless to say it is actually useless full stop! Put in on this morning before a chiro appointment and mid way through the app (all I was doing was lying on the bed) and I could smell myself :eek:)

Will stick to my regular Dove Go Fresh (cucumber) until my Driclor arrives! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Picked up Garnier Ultra dry yesterday on a whim doing a quick shop and eh, yes, needless to say it is actually useless full stop! Put in on this morning before a chiro appointment and mid way through the app (all I was doing was lying on the bed) and I could smell myself :eek:)

Will stick to my regular Dove Go Fresh (cucumber) until my Driclor arrives! :-)

Is it a spray? I only use the cream deodorants, sprays are useless and I hate roll on too

GingerLily wrote: »
    Is it a spray? I only use the cream deodorants, sprays are useless and I hate roll on too

It's a roll on, I prefer them to sprays or creams as I hate how some of them can be chalky but to be honest I usually have a roll on and a spray to change things up and I find it does work for me re: keeping away wetness (feel) and pong on certain days (especially ovulation days!)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Honestly can't warn you enough about dricolor. Its horrific, obviouly works for some people but test it first. The only one that works for myself and daughter is the Vichy roll on and I use the one for sensitive skin. No smell or dampness even if just put on in the morning. I never need really to top up.

Honestly can't warn you enough about dricolor. Its horrific, obviouly works for some people but test it first. The only one that works for myself and daughter is the Vichy roll on and I use the one for sensitive skin. No smell or dampness even if just put on in the morning. I never need really to top up.

With the Driclor i found that if my armpits were hairy it was far less irritating/sore. I guess the hair gave some protection.

The best method i found for Driclor was to have my shower (i shower at night) maybe 3 hours before bed and then right before bed to put the driclor on. my skin had dried totally by then and as it was night i wasnt going to be sweating/working up any sweat to cause moisture under my arms.

Maybe just try literally one roll of the ball (lol) under each arm for the first night. I found the more i went outside the literal armpit area the sorer it got at the skin isnt as tough there.

Also it might sound counter productive and there is an adjustment period but i started using a natural deodorant (no antiperspirant) a few months ago and now i find i sweat way less. its like my body can cool naturally now so it sweats less. Maybe its something to consider if Driclor is too intense for you/irritates your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Another vote for driclor. The stinging is a nuisance but there are ways around it.
    After using it a few times you won't need to use it except off and on. Just switch your shaving routine with this !

Worth it :)

• Advertisement

So my Driclor arrived this week and I shaved this morning.... too soon to use???? I've got serious fear about this stinging :-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

So my Driclor arrived this week and I shaved this morning.... too soon to use???? I've got serious fear about this stinging :-0

Way too soon. Leave it at least a day.

Advertisement