Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barntown/Forth Mt Quarry

Options
  • 10-05-2017 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Irish Runner Magazine did a feature a few months ago about running trails around here. I drove up a few days ago to check it out and struggled to find the entrance.

I've marked on this map what looks to be the entrance but there appears to be some sort of semi permanent campsite there at the moment. Is it safe to park the the car there? can you drive in further and do so or are there other alternatives?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

You were in the right area. I wouldn't go near the place at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Travellers were moved on from Ferrycarrig bridge a couple of months ago and have now camped at forth mountain. Coincidentally filth and waste everywhere and burglaries up in the area. No sign of any attempt to move them on.

Advertisement