Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line speeds down grade

Options
  • 10-05-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Can a rep from eir please explain how the fibre line at my address has been down graded from 70mb to a 50mb line recently, I was always getting between 55-60mb until recently but now get max 40mb, my provider told me that eir have told them the max my line can take is 50mb, how come this downgrade was never communicated to customers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your provider has to ask OPENEIR not EIR that question. They wont talk to you.

Lines are re-rated every month, its a background task and isnt communicated to anyone. If you were quick to take it up when available you may have had a false high profile.

Your provider can have the rating rechecked. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

brianc27 wrote: »
    Can a rep from eir please explain how the fibre line at my address has been down graded from 70mb to a 50mb line recently, I was always getting between 55-60mb until recently but now get max 40mb, my provider told me that eir have told them the max my line can take is 50mb, how come this downgrade was never communicated to customers
    Hi brianc27,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, as you are not an eir customer, we would be unable to advise you on your broadband speeds and you would be required to contact your provider to access this information.

-Anna

Advertisement