Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing

Options
  • 10-05-2017 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi . I'm on a LTL long term lease contract with Galway city council. The renewal date was may 2nd . Nothing has happened yet. I was looking at the old contract and it was signed by the houseowner on May 19th two years ago. That's the length of the contract. That was a continuation of the original 4 year contract. So if anyone has any info about how this works I would appreciate it.the way it happened two years ago was with the homeowner phoning me to say he wanted to have a chat with me the next day when he asked did I want to stay on for another two years. Myself and the homeowner get on well. The council later phoned me to ask me to come in to their office to sign the contract. So that's it. Cheers Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭fantastic98

Hi all. I'm the same person in the previous reposting concerning my housing situation. It's been 3 weeks today since contract's renewal date. I didn't phone landlord or city council as either one may ask me to get back to the other. Guess I'll just have to wait it out. Presumably all is ok as I would surely heard something by now if it weren't. Any information or advice appreciated. Cheers Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Say nothing to anyone, and lots of it.

There are very few houses out there

Say nothing to anyone, and lots of it.

There are very few houses out there
    Thanks for that. Thought the same myself. I was tempted to phone but went against the script that is did the opposite and left it to them. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for that. Thought the same myself. I was tempted to phone but went against the script that is did the opposite and left it to them. I'll keep you posted.
    I'm reposting again re housing situation. I did actually phone landlord and he said he hadn't been contacted by city council. So I left it at that but I'm now wondering why he didn't seem to be overly concerned about his own part in the contract. Then I thought council probably contacted him to say that his contract is ok but mine would be finishing up in August which is my original starting date. And now I may phone the council to find out if I'm still on contract. All a bit confusing but I find it even more confusing Not to be able to call the council.

I'm reposting again re housing situation. I did actually phone landlord and he said he hadn't been contacted by city council. So I left it at that but I'm now wondering why he didn't seem to be overly concerned about his own part in the contract. Then I thought council probably contacted him to say that his contract is ok but mine would be finishing up in August which is my original starting date. And now I may phone the council to find out if I'm still on contract. All a bit confusing but I find it even more confusing Not to be able to call the council.
    I'm replying to myself just to say that I may have solved the contract problem. I was looking at the original contract yesterday and compared it with the second one I got 2 years ago. On the first one it said, in a line starting with the words "the term", that it was 4 years.the same term reference in the 2015 one said month to month (current tenant only).
    so I'm presuming that its an open contract with the option for LL to give one month's notice and same applying to myself. I'm happy with this conclusion. Cheers Tom. And thanks for previous replies. They helped.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement