Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

Anyone hear anything yet? 😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Think this is going to be a 4.59 email ladies and gents lol

No email? I thought it would have come before 5

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jaiire

Kerryman88 wrote: »
    No email? I thought it would have come before 5
    I'm still waiting also, is it a good thing or a bad thing we haven't heard? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGDaniel

Sorry to hear that. I sat my Irish assessment to in May and it's certainly not easy.

It will prepare you better for next time though.

I passed mine thank God. Best of luck in new campaign.
    Well done on passing Irish, I passed in May also. Have you got medical date yet? I haven't heard anything on medical yet. Cheers

• Advertisement

I couldn't tell you? I presume everyone is still waiting though, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGDaniel

I couldn't tell you? I presume everyone is still waiting though, are they?

Well I am waiting 8 weeks so far after Irish exam so I think people might still be waiting along with us

McGDaniel wrote: »
    Well I am waiting 8 weeks so far after Irish exam so I think people might still be waiting along with us
    How was the Irish exam? Do you need to know Alot of Irish to pass ?

Looks like we will be getting results next week. I wonder what the hold up is???

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    Looks like we will be getting results next week. I wonder what the hold up is???
    Ahhh more waiting!!! Hope it's a good thing we're still waiting

• Advertisement

Jaiire wrote: »
    Ahhh more waiting!!! Hope it's a good thing we're still waiting

Hopefully its just because they haven't set a date for stage 2 yet so holding off until then so they can notify us in the email(one hopes 😬)

Hopefully its just because they haven't set a date for stage 2 yet so holding off until then so they can notify us in the email(one hopes 😬)
    Do you have any idea how it's marked? Is it if you just scored lower than others your out? I've read a few different things

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Aww I hate this waiting I'd rather know my faith when it's supposed to be known 🙈

Do you have any idea how it's marked? Is it if you just scored lower than others your out? I've read a few different things

Theres a qualifying score you have to reach (cant remember what that is) you need to score higher then it or yiur out. The better you do the better (lower) oom you will receive therefore you will be called forward for the next stages in accordance to your oom

Theres a qualifying score you have to reach (cant remember what that is) you need to score higher then it or yiur out. The better you do the better (lower) oom you will receive therefore you will be called forward for the next stages in accordance to your oom
    Thank u, here's hoping all went well! Still no word though, doubt we'd hear at this late stage today

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

McGDaniel wrote: »
    Well done on passing Irish, I passed in May also. Have you got medical date yet? I haven't heard anything on medical yet. Cheers

Thanks, well done to you to well deserved! My OOM is low 600s and I had my medical on the 20th of June. Still waiting to hear from Sergeant and Super. No date yet for physical either. I'd love a start in November.

Can I ask an approximate figure of your OOM?

Might be worth ringing them. I done my interview in February when did you do yours? Trying to figure out time frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

This waiting around is terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Public jobs are cutting it fine enough cos if the highest scoring candidates are due in for stage 2 on the week 31st-4th it doesn't give people much scope to arrange swaps for work etc ,

Ideally middle of this week people would want to know;

My own two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Just got the below from the public jobs fb page. Another couple of days before results will be out.

Hi, due to an unexpected power outage in the Dublin 1 area on Friday, we were unable to get the Stage 1 results out as planned. The results should be sent out within the next couple of days. Apoligies for the inconvenience caused.

Emails are out guys. Got through to stage two thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Emails are out guys. Got through to stage two thankfully

Congratulations! Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmo94

nothing yet feeling worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

My ranking was 133 so I reckon that's a decent result

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmo94

mrDerek wrote: »
    My ranking was 133 so I reckon that's a decent result

you get email long ago ?

Gizmo94 wrote: »
    you get email long ago ?

I got the txt at 16:08 so if it's running like a mail shot the emails and txts will still be running

mrDerek wrote: »
    I got the txt at 16:08 so if it's running like a mail shot the emails and txts will still be running

Yeah, I got mine some minutes later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Got my email, passed all three but I'm outside top 550 so not through to next stage.

Only slightly disappointed as it was only a trial run for me anyways, going to make a proper go of the next campaign whenever it is. Still a little surprised though, thought I'd done better!

Best of luck to all who got through. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 traceyf933

I passed but not in top 550 is it the end of the road for me or will I get a stage 2 date??

Got my email, passed all three but I'm outside top 550 so not through to next stage.

Only slightly disappointed as it was only a trial run for me anyways, going to make a proper go of the next campaign whenever it is. Still a little surprised though, thought I'd done better!

Thanks! But don't give up hope, it's written "initially those ranked up to and including place 550 are being invited". So maybe also people ranked below will be called

Does anyone know how many intakes there will be for this campaign? I read 800, but nothing official

• Advertisement

Oruam wrote: »
    Thanks! But don't give up hope, it's written "initially those ranked up to and including place 550 are being invited". So maybe also people ranked below will be called

Does anyone know how many intakes there will be for this campaign? I read 800, but nothing official

Yeah does anyone know if all those who passed are called? I thought they were?

Those who passed but are outside the 550 will be called. Initially the top 550 are called and then after that the rest. Thats how it worked last time anyways

Those who passed but are outside the 550 will be called. Initially the top 550 are called and then after that the rest. Thats how it worked last time anyways

Oh ok so I'll definitely be going to Dublin just back to the waiting game yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 19gerwin90

traceyf933 wrote: »
    I passed but not in top 550 is it the end of the road for me or will I get a stage 2 date??

Don't give up yet, there is more than likely a good few that finished in the 550 that might of used a bit of help from someone else. They will be widdled out in the next round... :):)

I scored maximum points possible in verbal and non verbal reasoning but was just under the score in the assessment questionnaire... I am very up set now because I put so much time into studying for it and I totally underestimated the assessment questionnaire :(

I scored maximum points possible in verbal and non verbal reasoning but was just under the score in the assessment questionnaire... I am very up set now because I put so much time into studying for it and I totally underestimated the assessment questionnaire :(

I'm the same got above what was asked but fell short of the 550, it says in the e mail I will be contacted? So am I right in thinking I will go to the next stage? Or is this the end of the road I'm confused cause keep hearing different things

• Advertisement

traceyf933 wrote: »

Oh ok so I'll definitely be going to Dublin just back to the waiting game yeah?

Once the initial set complete stage two you will revieve an email to attend stage two also

I'm the same got above what was asked but fell short of the 550, it says in the e mail I will be contacted? So am I right in thinking I will go to the next stage? Or is this the end of the road I'm confused cause keep hearing different things

After the initial set of 550 and under have completed stage two you should receive an email calling you forward for stage two. This is what happens also at stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Hi. My friend applied in Jan '16 and was just outside of the first group brought forward for Stage 2 in March '16 however he got notified at the end of April '16 to attend the Assessment Centre for Stage 2 so don't lose hope! Lots of people don't get through/drop-out of Stage 2 for a number of different reasons. He started in Templemore in Feb '17. Hope that helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Raff1ki90

Looking for some info on the proficiency test, will be doing it in Irish (I think).

Any info on what it is like, what we will be doing for it and a realistic idea of how hard/easy it is would be great!!

Feel free to PM message me if you rather.

Also any idea how quick it comes up, going off the basis all goes according to plan and I get through all stages in the first round.

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Hey everyone.
    For people who have booked their stage 2 assessment, did you get the confirmation message from public jobs yet? Booked mine Tuesday but haven't received anything since.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    For people who have booked their stage 2 assessment, did you get the confirmation message from public jobs yet? Booked mine Tuesday but haven't received anything since.
    Thanks.
    If I'm not wrong, we should receive it on the 24th

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    Thanks.
    If I'm not wrong, we should receive it on the 24th

Yeah exactly that, they said confirmations be sent out next week

Confirmation for dates for stage two??

Confirmation for dates for stage two??

For the date of your test session, that we have to book calling the number they gave us with the results

For the date of your test session, that we have to book calling the number they gave us with the results
    Did everyone get this number? Or just those who scored in top 550?

Did everyone get this number? Or just those who scored in top 550?

Just those in the top group, I think, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 19gerwin90

I am booked for the 1st of August. I got the impression from the girl on the phone that this and the 2nd was the only dates :(

19gerwin90 wrote: »
    I am booked for the 1st of August. I got the impression from the girl on the phone that this and the 2nd was the only dates :(

same apparently not:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

19gerwin90 wrote: »

I think they're trying to book out each day at a time. When I rang they said Monday and Tuesday were full and gave me an option for either time on Wednesday only.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Guys can anyone tell me how many bands their are, I no theirs 550 in the first so their must be 550 in each one but how many 550s are their.

• Advertisement
Advertisement