Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment 2017

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Hard to know really, depends on how many suitable candidates are plucked from this wave and the coming few. I'd imagine 2000 maybe, simply because the next recruitment campaign will have come around by the time they've assessed all those people. But like I've said, I'm not certain on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 19gerwin90

Does anyone know what the Report Writing Exercise of Stage 2 will involve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

19gerwin90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the Report Writing Exercise of Stage 2 will involve?

We'll be shown a video set in the aftermath of an incident (robbery/accident/etc.). Witnesses will be giving information about what they have seen and we take notes while watching. We're then given 30 minutes to handwrite a report based on what we've heard/seen on the video.

Confirmation emails for Stage 2 dates are out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Yoop_ wrote: »
    Confirmation emails for Stage 2 dates are out :)

Did the link for the familiarisation material link work for you?? I'm getting an error when I try open it on my phone

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Did the link for the familiarisation material link work for you?? I'm getting an error when I try open it on my phone

Yep, it opened grand. I'm using my laptop though so that could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ammx

I booked my stage 2 for the 15th of August anyone else on that day that may be from Sligo or in around that area want to lift share? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 19gerwin90

Ammx wrote: »
    I booked my stage 2 for the 15th of August anyone else on that day that may be from Sligo or in around that area want to lift share? Thanks

Were you in the first 550?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ammx

19gerwin90 wrote: »
    Were you in the first 550?

No, around 1300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Just on the online course did people get it and if they did were they really helpful?

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Just on the online course did people get it and if they did were they really helpful?

I bought one last year to cover for round 1 and 2, found it helpful. Won't 100% cover you but they're worth looking into if you feel you need some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Hi all,

I understand no-one knows for sure but what is the earliest likely call up to Templemore from this campaign assuming high OOM and no holdups?

Also is anyone aware of anything that can be done to speed up vetting?

I have lived in Oz and Canada for over 6 months and have a brother in London, am fearful this will cause delays.

Not taking anything for granted on the recruitment just planning ahead!

Appreciate any advices..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I understand no-one knows for sure but what is the earliest likely call up to Templemore from this campaign assuming high OOM and no holdups?

I have lived in Oz and Canada for over 6 months and have a brother in London, am fearful this will cause delays.

Appreciate any advices..

Earliest would be January for the top scorers eveb then that would only be a handful as there are hundreds of us waiting from older campaigns who will be given priority.

Going by previous peoples experience you will most likely have a long wait regarding vetting as you lived abroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi all,

Appreciate any advices..

Vetting is a long wait but I would also advice the following

Check your eyes meet the requirements as I needed laser eye surgery and deferred six months

Keep tabs on the fitness also check the YouTube video

Good luck !!

Cheers for that. Yes that's what I suspected. Was wondering if I could write to Canadian embassy now for a clearance cert. I have one already from Oz as needed it for something else.
    Its a long time for everyone to wait on vetting, seems unnecessary.

• Advertisement

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Vetting is a long wait but I would also advice the following

Check your eyes meet the requirements as I needed laser eye surgery and deferred six months

Keep tabs on the fitness also check the YouTube video

Good luck !!

Cheers for heads up on the eyes Canyon I'll look into that. Fitness isn't an issue thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Cheers for heads up on the eyes Canyon I'll look into that. Fitness isn't an issue thankfully.

no worries Alberto! I had an idea my eyes were off the standard so I booked a specsavers appointment to check so I started looking at my options for laser early before my medical

When the medical confirmed I booked the laser surgery,

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Ciano1997

Anyone for the camping just gone heard anything back for stage 2, I qualified and placed 1,744 in Dublin region, still haven't heard anything yet? Just wondering if I actually get to progress or is my application not acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Ciano1997 wrote:
    Anyone for the camping just gone heard anything back for stage 2, I qualified and placed 1,744 in Dublin region, still haven't heard anything yet? Just wondering if I actually get to progress or is my application not acceptable?

Don't worry you'll be called soon, your application won't be dropped, you passed stage one and qualified so you will move on. The first 550 are called for stage two this week I myself have been called up for early August, I'm in the late 700s. I'd say you'll be called by the end of the month or maybe earlier with how fast this campaign is moving. I hope this helps....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Anyone know when results for stage 2 are out?

• Advertisement

Eddyrio5 wrote: »

25th of August or afterwards for the first group. So I assume for all groups it's about three weeks after you attended.

The results are for everyone on that date, it was the case last time I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Ciano1997

I completed stage 2 last weekend and they said results are out for the 15th of September! Hopefully that helps.

Anyone completed their interview happen to know when we find out if we have passed etc? They didnt say to me at my interview and i cant remember how long it was last time around

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

Anyone completed their interview happen to know when we find out if we have passed etc? They didnt say to me at my interview and i cant remember how long it was last time around
    2-3 weeks... how you find it??

mooju wrote: »
    2-3 weeks... how you find it??
    Yeah i think i did ok but time will tell. Wbu?

Hard to know how it went. Felt happy after it but looking back now probably could have done better on parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Hard to know how it went. Felt happy after it but looking back now probably could have done better on parts.

Any tips? I'm on next week...planking it...

Mowley wrote: »
    Any tips? I'm on next week...planking it...
    go through all the interview threads on this... big help.. not as bad as you think it will be just be prepared

Yeah im the same as you, most definitely could have done better. Feel like i done better then last time around and i passsed that time but completely different board this time so means nothing. Fingers and toes crosses tightly

• Advertisement
Advertisement