Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account ceased; still being charged

Options
  • 11-05-2017 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

So I changed from Eir to Imagine in February as they have 70Mbps (sometimes as much as 90Mpbs) broadband whereas I got fed up of the broadband through the landline being no more than 4/5Mpbs, the same as it was 14 years ago when it was first out here.

After I cancelled, I received an email telling me to log onto my eir and view my bill of €101.38 but I was unable to see any bill in my eir as it said that my account was closed. After a few phonecalls I still received no bill which I didn't like but I let the payment go through as I was told it was a cancellation fee.

Now I have received another email telling me that my May bill is €59.99. I still can't see anything in my eir. I'd appreciate it if you could a) let me know what this is about, b) send me a pdf of this bill and the previous bill I never received, and c) get this current €59.99 removed if appropriate as AFAIK I received no services from you since cancelling in February.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Cilldara_2000,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear that.

Usually, any unreturned equipment is charged at €59.99 as there is a 14-day return policy on modems and eir vision boxes.

If you would like me to look into this for you please can you PM me your account number and full name and I will follow this up?

If you have not returned any equipment received from eir please return this to: eir Returns, PO Box 12726, Freepost, Dublin 11.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Thanks Anna. PM sent there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

No problem.

I will be in touch with you shortly through PM's.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement