Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Who's supporting in the Dublin gigs?

Luluc are the support act for the Dublin gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I know earlier this year Matt said he had given up the alcohol for tea but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

On a Rolling Stones podcast he said he has taken up marijuana, which sounds about right when you hear the mentions of "weed" and "high" in a number of their songs on the new album (and on the El Vy album)!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

would i be stoned for saying that this album isnt as good as the previous ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

boardie100 wrote:
    would i be stoned for saying that this album isnt as good as the previous ones?

To be honest the first listen I wasn't sure. But the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. Think a lot of the tracks will go right into my best of the national playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Cork concert going to be streamed live @11pm so we now know the stage time -https://www.arte.tv/…/077…/the-national-au-cork-opera-house/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

whatever76 wrote: »
    Cork concert going to be streamed live @11pm so we now know the stage time -https://www.arte.tv/…/077…/the-national-au-cork-opera-house/

this might keep him sober

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

whatever76 wrote: »

I presume the time difference will come into the time listing there, should be 10pm Irish time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Corholio wrote: »
    I presume the time difference will come into the time listing there, should be 10pm Irish time?

Show time on the Opera House is listed as 10pm ,this is the time that the support start .
    Usually 30 minutes of support and the main act on 30 minutes after the support finish.

I tried to watch the Lisa Hannigan stream tonight ,it didnt work and Arte HD on satellite wasn't showing the concert either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Show time on the Opera House is listed as 10pm ,this is the time that the support start .
    Usually 30 minutes of support and the main act on 30 minutes after the support finish.

I tried to watch the Lisa Hannigan stream tonight ,it didnt work and Arte HD on satellite wasn't showing the concert either.

That's a shame - was working fine for me.

Full show here if anyone wants to watch back: https://www.facebook.com/ARTEConcert/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was able to watch it too. It was really excellent, maybe a tad bit short though.

As for The National's album, I adore it. Honestly might be my favourite one since Boxer. The only thing I had issue with initially was going from Born To Beg to Turtleneck, just found it a bit jarring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Hi all,

Have searched through the thread but may have missed it. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything that would indicate what time they'll be coming on stage for the Dublin show?

Thanks,

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Latest email from Ticketmaster now saying doors open at 6pm! How long are they expecting the ticketing measures to take I wonder. Seems to be getting earlier and earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

And still no word on stage times!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

And still no word on stage times!

yeah... will they be announced at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

So annoyed...I just went into the cork opera house and enquired about tickets to the national. Girl says 'we actually have two available'. I'm naturally over the moon and reaching for my wallet when she says 'actually no, they've just been sold'.

But what really annoys me is that they sold them to somebody not on the waitlist...

ngunners wrote: »
    So annoyed...I just went into the cork opera house and enquired about tickets to the national. Girl says 'we actually have two available'. I'm naturally over the moon and reaching for my wallet when she says 'actually no, they've just been sold'.

But what really annoys me is that they sold them to somebody not on the waitlist...

Thats pretty despicable.
    My friend is No 4 on the waiting list ,has been for months and everytime he rings up they tell him that they haven't received any tickets back for either The National or Bon Iver ,yet from reading on here they have been handing them out to people not on the list .

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Thats pretty despicable.
    My friend is No 4 on the waiting list ,has been for months and everytime he rings up they tell him that they haven't received any tickets back for either The National or Bon Iver ,yet from reading on here they have been handing them out to people not on the list .

I'm no. 6 on that list. The girl's excuse was that I wouldn't have been called anyway since I'm not first. Fair enough, but what's the point of being on a waitlist then!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Everything from the presale & general sale (on their own ticketing 'system') through to how they are dealing with returns has been a shambles. I'm convinced that out of a 1,000 capacity that less than half were made publicly available, the rest all going to corporate clients and friends & relatives etc with a wink and a nod.
    I know somebody who walked in to the opera house 3 weeks ago looking for returns and when asked if they were on the waiting list said 'Yes' and got handed 2 tickets... they weren't on the waiting list.
    It all leaves a very sour taste.

I'm no. 6 on that list. The girl's excuse was that I wouldn't have been called anyway since I'm not first. Fair enough, but what's the point of being on a waitlist then!

They just told my buddy that the first person on the list is looking for 4 tickets ,this despite the limit is 2 per person .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

Do you have to bring a printed out copy of the confirmation e-mail to Vicar Street, or will the e-mail on your phone suffice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It says a printed copy of the mail. They may take the mail on the phone but I'm not going to take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Does anyone know what are the chances of getting a pic/meeting the band? Is there a spot they usually park the tour bus or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

this whole ticket thing is a fiasco - something should be done about it - would almost put one off looking for tickets for a gig in demand..

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi, driving up for this on Monday, can somebody please advise me where the best place to park would be. Hopefully in Dublin a little after 6. Will be driving back the M7 after the gig.
    TIA.

Anyone have a link for cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

cefh17 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link for cork?

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/077236-000-A/the-national-au-cork-opera-house/

It's not available yet by the looks of it.

Good news is that they are mixing it up and not just playing the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They played pretty much the whole new album and omitted a lot of the older stuff, great performance but disappointing setlist

I'd be happy with that setlist, they're hardly going to have just 4 songs off of the new album and all of the old hits. Gimme slow show, apartment story and green gloves all day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just out, amazing show, Justin Vernon, Lisa hannigan and slow moving clouds joined numerous time for different songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

siblers wrote: »
    They played pretty much the whole new album and omitted a lot of the older stuff, great performance but disappointing setlist

They played 10 off the new album and 10 older songs.

To be honest, I'd be more interested in hearing the newer stuff but you can hardly please everyone can you...

Advertisement