Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It was an incredible show. Only thing that I thought fell a little was ending on Maybe Not. It's a wonderful cover, I just think people thought they'd sing one more song, to finish on their own stuff.

But still, adored it. Justin Vernon really added a lot to the songs he sang in like Slow Show and Guilty Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

That setlist looks decent alright. Hopefully one or two from alligator for Vicar St tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

how did the no ticket thing go? my email confirmation does not have my credit card number on it so i'm bringing the ticketmaster-generated receipt as well..... i can't see how this system benefits anybody, quite frankly!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

roll wrote: »
    how did the no ticket thing go? my email confirmation does not have my credit card number on it so i'm bringing the ticketmaster-generated receipt as well..... i can't see how this system benefits anybody, quite frankly!

Cork was paper tickets.
    There was supposed to be the possibility of ID checks but of course there were none .

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

What an amazing gig last night. Very unique. Great guests who worked well. Great set list. I'm sure vucar street will be great but hardly as unique or special. Great energy. Great crowd. Little chatter. Matt sounded excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Cork was paper tickets.
    There was supposed to be the possibility of ID checks but of course there were none .

And everyone without tickets who queued up got in! Wooohoo!

poteen wrote: »
    What an amazing gig last night. Very unique. Great guests who worked well. Great set list. I'm sure vucar street will be great but hardly as unique or special. Great energy. Great crowd. Little chatter. Matt sounded excellent.

I'd argue that Vicar Street could be a fairly unique venue for the National given the bands stature these days. Guess we'll see tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any sign of stage times yet?

ngunners wrote: »
    And everyone without tickets who queued up got in! Wooohoo!

They are very good in the box office there.
    My brother wandered along on Friday night just after nine and chanced asking if they had got any returns for bon Iver and he couldn't believe his luck when they said they had some standing available.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

I'd argue that Vicar Street could be a fairly unique venue for the National given the bands stature these days. Guess we'll see tonight!

I'm sure Vicar street will be amazing too. It will be a different show to Cork as all those guest appearances won't be happening again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any sign of stage times yet?

Doors at 6 to allow for tickets to be picked up from the box office. Support at 8 and The National at 9. So maybe they will check CC/ID when picking up tickets....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

unbelievable gig - wow... the collaborations were sublime... great set list and they were in great form - they were in their element - with members of their families in the audience.. felt v v special - twas an honour to be there.. happy camper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Epic gig last night ; so cool seeing them in my home town in Opera House and was up near front and all - unreal ! Would have loved mr.November alright but cant get everything !!Matt was in great from ... those dressner brothers are machines !! Unreal musicians !!

roll wrote: »
    Doors at 6 to allow for tickets to be picked up from the box office. Support at 8 and The National at 9. So maybe they will check CC/ID when picking up tickets....?

There are no tickets, it's credit card entry only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

How long did they play for last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

close to 2 hours !

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Curfew is 11.15 I think so here's hoping it'll be the same tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Checking CC on the way in, as a fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Did they ask for the printed eMail?

ianob7 wrote: »
    Did they ask for the printed eMail?

Nope cc only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

cefh17 wrote: »
    Checking CC on the way in, as a fyi

How strict were they? I am using my cousins credit card and email, as she cannot go. I wonder if I have the email and credit card but the original buyer is not present, will they still let me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sheroman01 wrote: »
    How strict were they? I am using my cousins credit card and email, as she cannot go. I wonder if I have the email and credit card but the original buyer is not present, will they still let me in?

Having the cc will be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Having the cc will be enough

Great, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Fran1979

Hi, driving up for this on Monday, can somebody please advise me where the best place to park would be. Hopefully in Dublin a little after 6. Will be driving back the M7 after the gig.
    TIA.

There is a street on the left just after Vicar street that I always park on. I have never had any issues parking on it. But if you want to make sure your car is safe then I would suggest Q park 4 courts. There is a petrol station in front of it.

https://imageshack.us/i/pnC78EnWj

Setlist from tonight. Absolutely phenomenal gig!

Wonder why they didn't play Sleep Well Beast.
    There was enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

What time did they take to the stage?

What time did they take to the stage?

Played 9 to nearly 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Unbelievable gig, they played Mr November, the ultimate reward for being a good crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Super gig but man was it packed tight in there. I'd get a good spot early on Monday if going and forget about going to bar during the National set.

Advertisement