Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Got 2 for Cork. Still showing on the page at 10.08 that tickets for all 3 nights are available

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I thought they weren't on sale until tomorrow for Cork? This whole thing seems shoddily planned, it's frustrating..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Everdene

Are you all following the link on email - I'm just getting blue screen white house - nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Couldn't get for cork

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

cefh17 wrote: »
    I thought they weren't on sale until tomorrow for Cork? This whole thing seems shoddily planned, it's frustrating..

Was effortless for me?

Click link on email, choose Cork, enter code when asked, was offered 2 standing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

God I hate Ticketmaster!

Anyway got tickets for the Sunday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Selected Level 1 Standing for the Sunday.
    Message: "We're sorry, these tickets are unavailable. We can offer you these instead..."
    Two Ground Floor Standing.
    Er... that's what I selected! :o
    Buy! Buy! Buy!

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Was effortless for me?

Click link on email, choose Cork, enter code when asked, was offered 2 standing.

Haven't gotten a code though, I signed up through the 'no purchase necessary' link that was posted here a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

cefh17 wrote: »
    Haven't gotten a code though, I signed up through the 'no purchase necessary' link that was posted here a while back

Check your spam folder.
    A friend of mine had the link e-mail in theirs.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

After some difficulty with the website I managed to get two standing tickets for Monday in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Got through for Cork at 9.59 and it said no tickets available .
    Kept trying until now but couldnt get any ,must have had a handful of tickets for sale .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Selected Level 1 Standing for the Sunday.
    Message: "We're sorry, these tickets are unavailable. We can offer you these instead..."
    Two Ground Floor Standing.
    Er... that's what I selected! :o
    Buy! Buy! Buy!

Level 1 is the balcony

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Got the pre-sale code. Trying for Cork and currently 'You are now in a queue...'

dinneenp wrote: »
    Got the pre-sale code. Trying for Cork and currently 'You are now in a queue...'

Cork is sold out .

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Delighted to have purchased 2 tickets for Sunday night in Dublin. :)

A strange thing happened however, I clicked on paperless tickets and the receipt states;

"Paperless ticket. Delivery method cannot be changed"

I then received an email confirmation from ticketmaster;

"You will receive your tickets via: Paperless Ticket - IMPORTANT: You will not receive paper tickets for this event."

The order itself in Tickemaster suggests that paper tickets will be dispatched.

"We've received the tickets in for your event and we’re now starting to send them out. Don't panic if your friends get theirs before you – we send tickets out in batches, so they may not all arrive at the same time."

Anyone else see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

was busy in work at 10, all Dublin gone now, will have to try on Friday so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Don't think they updated all their correspondence but it's only paperless for this event. Probably to help cut down on re-selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cork is sold out .

Is Cork completely sold out or just pre-sale? I see it now, advance sold out. will hopefully them on Friday for general release so.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Is Cork completely sold out or just pre-sale?

Just the Presale ,which is a small percentage of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Don't think they updated all their correspondence but it's only paperless for this event. Probably to help cut down on re-selling.

Ah gotcha, got a bit confused there for a moment. I was confusing an e-ticket with a paperless ticket which is effectively the credit card used + id.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Cork & Dublin tickets in the bag! I've never seen them in such small venues so really looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I forgot all about this until 10.15, then managed to briefly get one standing ticket for Dublin in my cart... and something went wrong during the checkout process :( All gone now seemingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

paulie13 wrote: »
    I think you needed to sign up before a certain date if I remember correctly...

I had signed up the day it was announced. Also have been checking my junk folder etc no joy. Looks like all gone now so will just have to wait until Friday am for the general sale

Little annoying but it's only a gig so not going to fret about it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wobert

I pre ordered the album to enhance my luck in getting tickets, didnt realise you could get a code just by registering.
    I would have bought the lp anyway but postage was quite steep. Anyway didnt get tickets, was trying to buy on my computer and had no luck getting to presale, then tried from phone and got 2 standing for monday, then got kicked out while proceeding to payment. spent another 20 mins trying to get tickets.
    I will have to try again on Friday, not sure if I should go to ticketmaster in jervis as I seem to be cursed with online purchases. I want seating tickets as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I ordered standings tickets, but the receipt on my Ticketmaster account has seat numbers. Row G2, Seat etc. Is this a mistake? It didn't show during the payment process or in the email receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Got two for Cork, portal and link all worked seamlessly for me. Went through the email link to the the National's own website.

Luckily, Cork wasn't being done through Ticketmaster so no messing about.

I'm excited - haven't seen them anywhere this small before (Olympia, Electric Picnic, Marquee x2, 3 Arena, Longitude - never thought I'd get the chance to go back to a small venue again!)

Hopefully everyone who missed out today gets sorted on Friday.

I ordered standings tickets, but the receipt on my Ticketmaster account has seat numbers. Row G2, Seat etc. Is this a mistake? It didn't show during the payment process or in the email receipt.

I think they still assign a 'seat' to standing tickets, but G2 would be general so you have standing ones afaik

wobert wrote: »
    I will have to try again on Friday, not sure if I should go to ticketmaster in jervis as I seem to be cursed with online purchases. I want seating tickets as well.

I'm not sure they will sell the tickets in an agent as they are credit card entry only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

This also happened to me: G5 with an assigned seat. When I was ordering I got a message saying that Level 1 tickets were unavailable but immediately below this there was a prompt to buy standing tickets, which I followed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wobert

I'm not sure they will sell the tickets in an agent as they are credit card entry only.

I rang to check, you are right. Thanks for the heads up.
    Online only so my chances are slim based on previous attempts.

Advertisement