Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Failed to get tickets this morning. Very disappointed.

Rang Cork Opera House this morning, they're having another pre-sale tomorrow, but you had to sign up a few days ago through their Facebook page.

If anyone has a pre-sale code for the opera house I'd be eternally grateful?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Didn't get tickets for either Cork or Dublin. Ticketmaster is so frustrating to use on a phone.

Anyone know how to cancel an order for an album?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Got a standing ticket for the Monday night at Vicar St, I'm delighted. Hope everyone here who missed out today gets lucky on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Well my morning has turned around! :)

Car broke down middle of the road in Castlebar on the way to work, mechanic called, Bus Eireann dropped me off the rest of the journey, already 2 hours late for work! Sit down at my desk and just got a pre-sale code from Spotify out of the blue for 'being a fan' :D

Not sure if it works for more than one sale but if people want to try then fire me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I got 2 seating tickets for Cork this morning. I'm chuffed!

The Cork Opera House website is confusing to use but it worked out ok in the end:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

How does Boards feel about posting the Spotify Early Ticket Sale Password? I have it if someone wants it but not sure if it's against policy (I don't think it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just snagged two tickets via the Spotify code - thanks so much to cefh17!!! Going on the Monday, really looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I just got tickets for Cork on the Spotify pre sale there...absolutely delighted.

My email just has a seat number but no row or section.

Does that mean I'm standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Where is the Spotify presale held? Do they email out a link as well as code?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

can someone pm me the spotify code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Same here - possible to PM the spotify code ? Trying in vain between Yesterday and this morning with Cork Opera house and getting no where !! There be no tickets left for gerneal sale by looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

OK folks. I've given out a few links. I don't want to give out anymore in case it's against Spotify/Ticketmaster/The National/Boards policy and I lose my own tickets.
    Regards,
    Grover

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

forgot to check my email for the spotify code, just tried there and no tickets available

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

No tickets left on Spotify presale for either night in Dublin it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

thanks for the share of the links though. Tickets in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Spotify sent me an email at 11.55 ,almost 2 hours after the presale started .
    Got 2 for Cork so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

If there's any spare presale links I'd love one. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I had a pre-sale code but first thought it was only for Dublin so missed out. Then I didn't realise the cork tickets were a pre sale this morning so had no code for that either.

Absolutely gutted that I didn't get tickets. Really hoping I get lucky Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So Spotify randomly email people who stream The National's new song, is this correct?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    So Spotify randomly email people who stream The National's new song, is this correct?

No,they email people who listen to The National alot on Spotify .
    I'm not sure what the requirements are but its based on listening habits over a few months .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Managed to get 2 for Vicar Street on Monday night.
    I wonder what are the chances of being able to swap for the Cork gig on Saturday night?????

Managed to get 2 for Vicar Street on Monday night.
    I wonder what are the chances of being able to swap for the Cork gig on Saturday night?????

Will be messy as Dublin is Credit card entry and Songkick were saying that the Cork gig required ID checks on the tickets.

No mention of ID on the Opera House for the Cork gig so Songkick were just scaremongering .

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Got 2 for the Monday in Dublin, was unable to get any Sunday ones by 10.05 but sure I won't complain about a Monday night watching the National....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Its a cool reward for fans who actively listen to the band, however Spotify once send me a presale code for a Billy Ocean gig, it was like getting a confirmation of how sh*t/questionable my taste in music is.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Got 2 for the Monday in Dublin, was unable to get any Sunday ones by 10.05 but sure I won't complain about a Monday night watching the National....

Managed to get two for the Sunday at 11.30 this morning. Wonder how that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

I'm not sure what the requirements are but its based on listening habits over a few months .

It's a really good way of doing it. There's no real way of gaming it, as people had no idea that gigs were coming up/it would be a laborious system to try and game.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Failed to get tickets in the presale yesterday, failed again in the Opera House presale this morning after a half hour in the queue and didn't get any spotify e-mail despite listening to them all the time on that.

Not hopeful for Friday at all.

Sorry for the moan, well done to all those who got tickets so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I presume Cork tickets are through Ticketmaster only and not Opera house website as well?

Just checked and American nanny site redirects to Opera house site.
    Good luck for tomorrow. I'm optimistic.

I received my Cork tickets from the Spotify presale in the post today ,very fast.
    They look like something you'd print out at home on a piece of rag paper ,there is no barcode on them ,they are old school in there still ,they just have a quick look at the ticket on the door.
    Meanwhile in Dublin it will be credit card entry and photo ID ,lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

The Cork show is not showing on ticketmaster alongside the Vicar St shows, it is on the Cork opera house website so maybe there is a chance they will be sold via that avenue only

Advertisement