Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

nope - Queue is paused again ... about half way through ! Disaster of a system in the OH .... not able for the Demand ! This doesn't look good ...

Glad I'm not the only one with no luck.

I was on the site for Vicar Street from about 9:30 on wards. At exactly 10, it refreshed, and allowed me to enter my search.
    Tried for 2 tickets in any location, and was told that nothing was available.

Very bad system. Sick of clicking on road signs, petrol stations, apartment blocks and cars as well

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

When I look at the man in my virtual queue for Cork he stops moving. He's definitely up to something. hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Still in Queue for the opera house.....keeps pausing. Ive gone back in on my phone and says standing is sold out but seating still available.

Oh man - OH system is a joke ! Love to know if anyone actually got tickets yet. Paused 2/3 of the way ... not looking good !! So cross !!
    I say between all the pre sales and the fact Paul McCloon show was giving away tickets all week I say very little left on general sale...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I was on Ticketmaster with two browsers. No Que no tickets. Kept trying but the shop signs started the annoy me.

I also tried Cork with the two browsers. Got the que paused screen but eventually got into the que. Still in one que actually (just closed it). The other que went through, but when i went to register an account I got lost and almost missed my place in the que. Didnt panic though and found where I was. Missed the standing tickets I was looking for but got an option to look at seated ones. That stupid map annoyed me for awhile telling me the seat was gone or dont leave one seat by itself even though I wanted 2 seats and there was only 3 together............. ffs. I eventually got my hands on 2 tickets at the very back row.

I am going to the National yet again

That was stressful

There was approx 6 seats in various spots available when I got in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cork standing and seating sold out!
    Don't know why the queue hasn't shut down so.

got redirected .. No tickets left !! Going to cry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wobert

I had the app and 4 computers going and still no luck. feckin annoying.
    presale ****e, will have the same crap luck on monday for grizzly bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I had two colleagues help me and managed to get two for the Sunday Dublin show. Good thing too since I pre-order the limited edition vinyl and missed the pre-sale tickets. Can't wait, this will be the 5th time seeing them. Olympia 2010, The Point 2013, Ivy Gardens 2014, Longtitude 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

dinneenp wrote: »
    cork standing and seating sold out!
    Don't know why the queue hasn't shut down so.

See that as well. Pain in the hole. I wonder will there be another tranche of tickets sold at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Saying Sold Out as im queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

Cork sold out @ 10:28 - that little man made me feel like I was in jail. Now I've to serve my time.

I wonder will they add another date in Cork??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mr.H wrote: »
    I wonder will they add another date in Cork??

Highly unlikely Id say ,whats announced is it Id say.
    Glad I got my tickets in the presale ,general sales nowadays are a joke ,a handful of tickets for sale and huge demand.
    They must have sold half the venue out in presale ,there were 189 standing tickets left in the Spotify presale on Tuesday when I bought mine and that was late enough .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That queue system is indeed a joke for the Opera House

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

So I bought two standing tickets for the Sunday night in the presale and 1 seated ticket for the Monday night in the general sale...am I in danger of getting either taken off me?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

When it's different nights I'd doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

siblers wrote: »
    That queue system is indeed a joke for the Opera House

Yup, complete cluster ****.

Missed out on pre-sale and this morning.

Gutted to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Ticketmaster can hardly be blamed for the lack of tickets. It is a tiny venue for massive demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hugely frustrating. I only wanted 1 ticket for either Dublin show. And tried for Cork but no joy. I gave it until 50 minutes of waiting where it only let me register then. Then of course I was greeted with "sold out". Gonna forget about this until the week of the gig, hopefully will pick up a ticket then. I think if you walk in with the buyer of the tickets it should be fine.

OH announced event sold out on FB l a lot of unhappy people leaving comments giving out about their booking system .

Did anyone actually get tickets for Cork this morning ?!!

whatever76 wrote:
    Did anyone actually get tickets for Cork this morning ?!!

Yea I got two seated tickets in the bottom tier at the very back. There were approx 6 other seats around free in pairs or 3s

Mr.H wrote: »
    Yea I got two seated tickets in the bottom tier at the very back. There were approx 6 other seats around free in pairs or 3s

Wow - fair play !! Lucky you !! Its going to be a class gig being such a small venue !

Ticketmaster can hardly be blamed for the lack of tickets. It is a tiny venue for massive demand.

The Cork Opera House ticketing system is a joke, their whole website is a bit of a joke to be honest.

As for Ticketmaster, the big issue is what all the presales, by the time the main sale goes live, a good proportion of the tickets are already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

I was in the queue at 10 to 10. The queue was paused for about 10-20 minutes, then the little green man started moving, he eventually got to the end, it said it was my turn. Another 5 or ten minutes. The standing tickets had sold out at this point. I eventually got into try and purchase tickets but there was only about 3 left and by the time I tried to check out they were gone.

As for Ticketmaster, the big issue is what all the presales, by the time the main sale goes live, a good proportion of the tickets are already gone

That is a good system though. The presales were done on things which meant tickets went to the right people. It may have meant less tickets for sale in the main sale but even with a full capacity of tickets for sale this morning it represents a tiny % of people looking for them so the problems would still have been the same only this way it has ensured that most of the tickets went to genuine fans. It just isn't a normal thing for The National to play such small venues these days which means tickets were always going to be like gold dust.

That is a good system though. The presales were done on things which meant tickets went to the right people. It may have meant less tickets for sale in the main sale but even with a full capacity of tickets for sale this morning it represents a tiny % of people looking for them so the problems would still have been the same only this way it has ensured that most of the tickets went to genuine fans. It just isn't a normal thing for The National to play such small venues these days which means tickets were always going to be like gold dust.

It depend though, you needed a Spotify account for the presale for this gig and for other concerts you can only get a code for the presale if you are with 3 network etc so it automatically excludes a good proportion of people.

Even for larger concerts it can still be a bit of an issue, If a concert has a capacity of 15,000 and say 5,000 are gone for the presale, it makes it that much harder to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

It depend though, you needed a Spotify account for the presale for this gig and for other concerts you can only get a code for the presale if you are with 3 network etc so it automatically excludes a good proportion of people.

Even for larger concerts it can still be a bit of an issue, If a concert has a capacity of 15,000 and say 5,000 are gone for the presale, it makes it that much harder to get tickets

The presale for this was done quite easily. Visit the National website, enter your email address and you get a presale code valid for the entire European tour. Got tickets for the Cork gig on Monday morning no hassles

• Advertisement

I am specifically talking about the case of these small venue gigs that have a way higher demand than can be met. I think every effort should be made to ensure you get fans at the gig. It may not be perfect but in the case of the National. Pre-sales happened on the basis of having pre-purchased the new album, entering your email on website before the tour or on listening habits related to your spotify activity. That is a good portion of tickets that went to genuine fans. You can't keep everyone happy but I think it is a better system than leaving it to a complete lottery were half the tickets end up in the hands of people that are probably not even that bothered.

Advertisement