Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Grimsvotn wrote: »
    A pair of tickets for the Cork gig on viagogo for €685. Would anyone be interested?

Tickets still available for the London Apollo. It would be cheaper to fly over and have a city break than buy those tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Live concert in Paris, streaming now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQxhGksnek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

cefh17 wrote: »
    Live concert in Paris, streaming now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQxhGksnek

Cheers ,great quality !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Vocals are way off, or maybe it's just the stream sound quality. But he sounds pretty bad tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Vocals are way off, or maybe it's just the stream sound quality. But he sounds pretty bad tonight.

Sounds perfect to me .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Sounds perfect to me .

Maybe sounds better live, certainly sounded much better the one time I saw them. I think he sounds dreadful in parts on that stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Oh man playing Daughter of the Soho Riots ... Love it !! They don't play enough of Alligator !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Matt's swapped the bottles of wine for coffee.

Matt's swapped the bottles of wine for coffee.
    LOL Spotted that .... he better on the wine :P

The National are playing Glasto this evening, 7.45-8.45, it should be streaming here:

https://www.twitch.tv/glastonburyfestival ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

cefh17 wrote: »
    The National are playing Glasto this evening, 7.45-8.45, it should be streaming here:

https://www.twitch.tv/glastonburyfestival ;)

It's also on BBC Four at 8p.m.

live stream the job !! Strong start so far ... they sounding great !!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Really like the sound of that new single, really rock edge to it. Amazing to see how quickly they get into a groove early in a set, total pros, can't wait for Vicar Street. Seen them a few times at this stage but saw them at Glastonbury in 2010, one of the best times to see any band.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Probably the same time they were here in 2005 and played Whelans. A mate of mine was a huge fan at the time and dragged a load of people along to Whelans. I was not one of them :( Lucky bastards.

I was at that Whelans gig when they were touring alligator. One of my all time favourite gigs. They couldn't believe the crowd reaction (people singing back the lyrics) they were blown away as were we. Matt was mental that night! What a gig.

But then you'll have the people saying "did you not see them in the cobblestone in Smithfield the year before!" You can't win!

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

Peter File wrote: »
    Are they yours!!

They are gone now anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JoeOC99

Hi- I would be willing to pay double the cost price for 2 tickets for either of the Vicar Street dates or Cork date.

Bought the album to sign up for the pre sale but was then too late!

I know it's a big ask but if anyone has tickets they can no longer use or are willing to park with I would really appreciate it- True fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Perhaps the mods should retitle this thread to include the Cork date also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

poteen wrote: »
    Perhaps the mods should retitle this thread to include the Cork date also.

No way! Get yer own feckin' thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

Will be messy as Dublin is Credit card entry and Songkick were saying that the Cork gig required ID checks on the tickets.

No mention of ID on the Opera House for the Cork gig so Songkick were just scaremongering .

Songkick tickets arrived today for the Cork gig. They are barcoded but no mention of a name on the ticket so there will hardly be ID checks.

Grimsvotn wrote: »
    Songkick tickets arrived today for the Cork gig. They are barcoded but no mention of a name on the ticket so there will hardly be ID checks.

I think Cork was meant to be like that whereas Dublin is apparently id

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Anyone know how the 'paperless' songkick tickets work? Do i get a link sent at some point to print tickets myself? Anyone received anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

So I got an email from Songkick on 09 July saying my tickets had been dispatched and they gave me a royal mail tracking number and link. The link never worked and the tracking number was not recognised on the Royal Mail website. I didn't really think anything of it too much and was just waiting for the tickets to arrive. Anyway, they never did and so I emailed Songkick today explaining the situation and they replied as follows:

We’re sorry to hear that there’s been a problem with the delivery of your tickets. The delivery type selected on this order was standard, so it looks like there’s been a mix-up and you’ve been unintentionally assigned an inactive tracking number which is why it is not working correctly. We’re really sorry about that, we can understand how this would cause confusion.

As the tickets were sent standard delivery, this means we do not have tracking details on your order and are not able to advise on its whereabouts.

But don’t fret, if the tickets do not arrive in the coming weeks before the concert you can get in contact with us again over email and we can arrange for the venue to print a new set of tickets and make them available for you to collect at the venue on the night of the show.

Im a bit concerned not having a ticket going to the venue and don't trust that this will be sorted between the ticket company and venue and Ill turn up to get refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

poteen wrote: »
    So I got an email from Songkick on 09 July saying my tickets had been dispatched and they gave me a royal mail tracking number and link. The link never worked and the tracking number was not recognised on the Royal Mail website. I didn't really think anything of it too much and was just waiting for the tickets to arrive. Anyway, they never did and so I emailed Songkick today explaining the situation and they replied as follows:

We’re sorry to hear that there’s been a problem with the delivery of your tickets. The delivery type selected on this order was standard, so it looks like there’s been a mix-up and you’ve been unintentionally assigned an inactive tracking number which is why it is not working correctly. We’re really sorry about that, we can understand how this would cause confusion.

As the tickets were sent standard delivery, this means we do not have tracking details on your order and are not able to advise on its whereabouts.

But don’t fret, if the tickets do not arrive in the coming weeks before the concert you can get in contact with us again over email and we can arrange for the venue to print a new set of tickets and make them available for you to collect at the venue on the night of the show.

Im a bit concerned not having a ticket going to the venue and don't trust that this will be sorted between the ticket company and venue and Ill turn up to get refused.

Presume the only issue you might have, is if the tickets are sent to someone else and they actually go, and get there before you, other wise you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I thought this is a ticketless gig?

Or is that just the Dublin ones?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Presume the only issue you might have, is if the tickets are sent to someone else and they actually go, and get there before you, other wise you'll be fine

They could just cancel the original tickets and then have a new set for you at the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

OhHiMark wrote:
    I thought this is a ticketless gig?

OhHiMark wrote:
    Or is that just the Dublin ones?

Are the Dublin gigs ticketless?
    Can anyone explain how that works please??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Are the Dublin gigs ticketless?
    Can anyone explain how that works please??

From the e-mail confirmation:

You will receive your tickets via: Paperless Ticket - IMPORTANT: You will not receive paper tickets for this event. At the time of entry, you must present the credit card used to purchase your tickets as well as a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license, state ID or passport). Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time. Tickets are non-transferable.

So, according to this, you don't even have to bring a printout of the confirmation e-mail. Just the credit card and ID.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mazimillion

Wanted 2 Tickets for the Cork Gig!! Will pay double the price!! PM please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Has anyone got their dublin tickets yet?
    All i see in the order page on Ticketmaster is:
    Dispatch Status
    If you booked for a Paperless event: You won’t receive physical tickets through the post for this event or any tickets to print off.

If you have not received your tickets within 72 hours of the event please contact us no later than 24 hours before the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I think someone said earlier that names aren't printed on the National tickets? How can they check it against ID then?

Advertisement