Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Vicar Street - 17th & 18th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the Cork ones are just normal tickets.
    it's the Vicar Street ones that require card used to book and ID as no physical tickets are being issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Have the hard copies! Just normal tickets, no need for ID on the night, unlike the Vicar Street gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Might be worth ringing the Opera House. My friend got on to me this morning that a few tickets had popped up.

I gave them a call and was lucky enough to get a seated ticket. It sounded like the others might have sold out but still, could be worth calling to get on the waiting list or if you're looking for 1 ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

tok9 wrote: »
    Might be worth ringing the Opera House. My friend got on to me this morning that a few tickets had popped up.

I gave them a call and was lucky enough to get a seated ticket. It sounded like the others might have sold out but still, could be worth calling to get on the waiting list or if you're looking for 1 ticket.

Thanks, just got put on the waitlist for The National and Bon Iver. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Dear Customer,

We're sure you're looking forward to The National at Vicar Street on the 18th September ! We have some important information below regarding regarding this event.

Please read this email carefully...

This event is a paperless event, You will not receive any tickets via email or post.

To gain entry into the venue you must bring a printed copy of your confirmation email, and your credit card used to purchase the ticket(s).

Your card used to purchase the ticket(s) VISAis ending in XXXX.

You must bring this card with you in order to gain entry on the night.

The full party must be present when the credit card is scanned as the credit card will only be swiped once.

If you have changed your card please call Ticketmaster Customer Services:

Republic of Ireland Northern Ireland & UK International Customers

0818 903001 0333 321 9996 00 353 818 903001

Customer Services hours: Monday – Saturday - 9:30am to 18:00pm Closed Sundays.

Anything else?...

Doors open 6.30pm Sharp

Please leave plenty of time to get to the venue due to extra security precautions on the night.

Enjoy the show!

Best Wishes,

Ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I feel like there is no way there won't be a complete shambles on the nights in question, with people showing the wrong emails, wrong cards, etc... It seems so needlessly complicated. Really hope it works out though, I'm there on the Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ngunners wrote: »
    Thanks, just got put on the waitlist for The National and Bon Iver. Fingers crossed!

You'd think that they would have put the people who were shafted in the online sale with cancelled orders for Bon Iver on the waiting list first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

OhHiMark wrote: »

This event is a paperless event

To gain entry into the venue you must bring a printed copy of your confirmation email

These 2 sentences do not make sense together

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

8-10 wrote: »
    These 2 sentences do not make sense together

Yeah they should have clarified that it is a paperless ticketed event.

The whole bringing of the confirmation email seems redundant when the "ticket" is tied to the credit card used to book the tickets.

However, people have now been warned via text and email from ticketmaster that they need to bring the credit card with them which is fair enough imo. They even provide the last 4 digits to help you to identify which card was used.

Anything that combats touting is a good thing overall.

At least it seems that we don't need id because I was going to have to take my passport down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

ionapaul wrote: »
    I feel like there is no way there won't be a complete shambles on the nights in question, with people showing the wrong emails, wrong cards, etc... It seems so needlessly complicated. Really hope it works out though, I'm there on the Monday!

I was at Kasabian in the Olympia a few months ago which used the same system and it worked surprisingly well.

You flashed your booking page outside to make sure you went in the right entrance. On the door they then had machines where they swiped your card and it popped up on their screen that you'd booked two and in you went. Didn't seem to cause any hassle so hopefully it'll be the same again.

New single ,killer guitar riff on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

New single ,killer guitar riff on it .

That's been floating around for a while now, they've been playing it live for a while - including the recent gigs on YouTube and at Glastonbury.

BandMember wrote: »
    That's been floating around for a while now, they've been playing it live for a while - including the recent gigs on YouTube and at Glastonbury.

Yeah I know ,they played most of the new album in Paris in June .
    The video is newish enough though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Fran1979

sheroman01 wrote: »
    For the Cork gig - If you were to buy a ticket off someone, and the cardholder is not going to the gig, is there any way of getting in?

I bought two tickets for the Cork gig through Songkick in the presale. My tickets do not have my name on them. So I don`t think there will be any check at Cork for who actually bought the ticket or if they are with you. The only stipulation stated on the tickets are that it is an over 18 gig and id will be required. The Cork gig tickets would have been sold through Cork Opera house

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I guess this is the start of their tour so gives a good idea of the setlist for their next gig, which is the Opera House.

First Listen Live: The National, 'Sleep Well Beast'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Set list discussion below. Have used spoiler tags just in case people don't want to know in advance. Not sure if that's standard on here but have gotten my head ripped off me before for 'spoiling' shows. :eek::pac:

Interesting set list.
    New album in full, Fake Empire, Green Gloves, Terrible Love and Apartment Story.

No Mr November, no Vanderlyle, which have become staples in recent years. Nothing from Trouble Will Find Me...
    Will be interested to see if they do the same here.

Looks like that was just a one off gig, probably to promote the album release. I doubt the setlists will be the same as that over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Looks like that was just a one off gig, probably to promote the album release. I doubt the setlists will be the same as that over here.

Yeah just had a look at the setlist from a few of the other shows they played this year and we're surely more likely to get something like what they played at Haven, a similar festival to what they are organising in Cork.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2017/refshalevej-copenhagen-denmark-3e50547.html

Featured Justin Vernon, This is the Kit, Kwamie Liv and Ragnar Kjartansson, a few of whom are involved in Sounds from a Safe Harbour in Cork and the press releases last week said to 'expect guests.'

I'd expect Lisa Hannigan to appear at least once too - she's performing with Aaron Dessner on the Thursday of the festival and performed with the National at Longitude last year so she has form for it.

[/QUOTE]
    I'd expect Lisa Hannigan to appear at least once too - she's performing with Aaron Dessner on the Thursday of the festival and performed with the National at Longitude last year so she has form for it.[/QUOTE]

Possibly for Fake Empire. She came out at longitude for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Sorry about what may be an obvious question - could I turn up on the night, without a ticket and have any hope of buying a ticket - preferably not a tout. Is this similar to Iron Maiden gig, where 1 person has printout and friends have to head in to gig at same time. Or something like Radiohead where could only get in with ID and credit card (I think). I'd be hoping that a friend drops out last minute. And I'd take claim of the available ticket - at a price of course.
    Or do you reckon the place will be swarming with people of similar thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah it was advertised a few weeks ago as them playing the album in full.
    they did 5 off it at Glastonbury in June, so I'd still be expecting 7-10 off the new album will get a run out at the gigs here, plus 10-15 older ones.

There was a "listening" party for Sleep Well Beast at Riordan's in Cork today. Most people there talked through the entire thing but from what I could hear the album sounded like The National making music as beautiful and sad as ever.

Matt's vocals and the guitars sounded epic but a lot of the lyrics were drowned out in the hubbub. Can't wait to listen to it properly on Friday.

I'm only after realising now that the Opera House gig says 10pm show time.
    If there is support ,The National wont be on until after 11 ,so it will be a late night gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Have the album on on the way to work, so hype seeing the album notification on Spotify, eep! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

cefh17 wrote: »
    Have the album on on the way to work, so hype seeing the album notification on Spotify, eep! :D

Pre order Cd was dispatched yesterday..might have to wait a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Well what are thoughts on new Album ? Some nice little numbers - gone back to Boxer days !!
    Loving it I have to say ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i was wondering why toutless isnt allowing any national ticket posts then ???

Clearly states on the event page for Cork that there will be ID checks and we confirmed with The Opera House too via twitter. They are just not using the paperless tickets system that Dublin is.

Because we keep getting asked we're trialing a forum to allow people get fill ins for drop outs for the two The National gigs here.

We still won't allow the sale of the whole order so the original purchaser has to attend.

Toast wrote: »
    Clearly states on the event page for Cork that there will be ID checks and we confirmed with The Opera House too via twitter. They are just not using the paperless tickets system that Dublin is.

Well it says the same non transferrable thing for Bon Iver too,in tiny writing that one would barely notice, and Toutless is listing that event .

I highly doubt that the ID checks are going to be implemented .
    There was no mention of it in the terms and conditions of the actual booking page on the Opera House website.
    You have to clearly agree to this in the terms and conditions and there was no option to do this.
    The Songkick tickets dont even have a name on them !

The Opera House Tickets are shockingly printed it has to be said .
    On the standing ones it says Downstairs Standing on the top of them and Unreserved Seating on the bottom of them .
    It also says Unreserved Seating on the stub part .:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Is the cork gig not all seated? I was pretty sure it was.

Also anyone okie the situation with the times on Saturday?

Everything says the show starts at 10...... surely not?

Advertisement