Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF success

• 11-05-2017 9:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone who did IVF had success on their 1st time?

We failed twice at IUI and decide to go IVF and have appointment later in the month at merrion fertility clinic in Dublin.

Just looking for success stories really

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭skallywag

Second time success the first time we tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

We kinda did.

We got a number of embryos at our first attempt at IVF. We implanted one and I became pregnant but had a miscarriage. We then implanted an embryo and that failed. We then implanted 2 embryos and ended up with healthy twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 evilbaby77

Hi there! I m Niamh and starting soon IVF process with Rotunda. Out of curiosity , can I ask people who were successfull, how much they paid roughly? We have a budget of 20000€ . Hopefully it will be enough! I am so depressed 😓😓😓😓😓
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭skallywag

As I recall our costs were ca 8K per attempt (ICSI), that was via a private clinic. Our insurance paid for quite a bit of this though until a certain age was hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Unexplained infertility after 2 years of trying, after one failed IUI we went for IVF with Merrion. We we successful, and have some embryos from that on ice. We conceived naturally within 4 or 5 months after the birth of our IVF baby, so no idea what the issue was. Very positive experience, though saying that we were easy customers! 7k all in if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

My friend was successful twice on the first go! She had two pregnancies that resulted in healthy happy babies and she had one treatment cycle on both occasions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LDN18

Just a quick update,changed my username so starting afresh:)

Went on Monday for our IVF consultation,misses wasn't feeling well so they gave her a test during the confirmation and got a positive:):) 5 weeks.

Very shocked and still hasn't hit me yet.just show when u weren't expecting anything to happen due to failed IUI's and just forgot about it all for a couple weeks,she gets pregnant:)

Advertisement