Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Annani

First look at the theme for this years show.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/big-brother/news/a828021/big-brother-new-series-2017-eye-logo-channel-5-modern-britain/

Not long before the madness all kicks off again. :D

Yay! Can't wait.

I'm really hoping it will be people who haven't been on tv before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I'm looking forward to this too.

As noted above, I really hope it's a proper new batch of people who A) haven't been on Big Brother before and B) a fresh faces not recognisable.

Is this going to be all pairs/twins/brothers & sisters or something if I recall right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Woo! I'm sooo looking forward to this!!

I mean the thread, not the show ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Woo! I'm sooo looking forward to this!!

I mean the thread, not the show ;-)

Same here , the thread is often better than the show itself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I saw the new thread and spilled my tea with my sudden burst of excitement. Whoopsie!

Looking forward to it coming back, I echo the sentiment that these should absolutely be proper unknowns. But I suspect we will be disappointed on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Will it be on tv3 again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Will it be on tv3 again ?

I hope so. It seemed to get good viewing numbers for both versions, so no reason TV3 wouldn't show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Monday 5 June 21.00 - Launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Monday 5 June 21.00 - Launch.

Excellent news! Less than 2 weeks away peeps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Can't wait :)

Oh goody. There was talk of it being pushed because of the UK general election.

Sales of prosecco will be through the roof! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Lovely, officially the start of the summer when BB gets going.

Can someone send security to my house for the duration of this series please ?

Just so I can watch it in peace for once ....

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Can someone send security to my house for the duration of this series please ?

Just so I can watch it in peace for once ....

The guy that made bear cower in fear? :pac:

neonsofa wrote: »
    The guy that made bear cower in fear? :pac:

He would do nicely thank you ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Emma and Rylan still presenters?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Emma and Rylan still presenters?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

sadly i'm not excited for this series and i haven't really been for a couple of years now as all the hype and promises end up being just that. last year's civilian series was decent to be fair but that's because of the housemates and the car crash producers.
    Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Yes!

i like emma but rylan annoys me no end. i find bots unwatchible, not just because of him but the audience as well. i'd rather an hour of live feed instead. not going to happen though.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I know I said I probably won't watch it but I'll give it a go, just purely because of the comradery from these threads. I'll crack though if there's any of these quarter (one step down from semi) "famous" people in there like Lateysha

wyrn wrote: »
    I know I said I probably won't watch it but I'll give it a go, just purely because of the comradery from these threads. I'll crack though if there's any of these quarter (one step down from semi) "famous" people in there like Lateysha

The threads make it for me tbh also Wryn.
    I tuned out when Bear and Chloe were the highlight of their series , but I stayed up to date with the thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I always say I'm never going to watch.....I always do. I just hope the producers have listened to the public and will have a bit of diversity in there. I'm sick looking at the same twenty something wannabe glamour models and hard men or people who have slept with some z lister.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

eviltwin wrote: »
    I always say I'm never going to watch.....I always do. I just hope the producers have listened to the public and will have a bit of diversity in there. I'm sick looking at the same twenty something wannabe glamour models and hard men or people who have slept with some z lister.

unfortunately i believe we will be disappointed. the producers aren't interested in what the fans think, they are only interested in the hashtags on social media.

the big brother we know and love is gone and not coming back sadly. it has been destroyed beyond repair.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    The threads make it for me tbh also Wryn.
    I tuned out when Bear and Chloe were the highlight of their series , but I stayed up to date with the thread !

Same here. I enjoy the thread more than the show a lot of the time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I hate them all already! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I watch it to test my perceptions of people.

For example, can I spot the person that a lot don't dislike before that person is despised by near all?

Is that nice person, really nice???

Then there are the people fillers, the boring people, who often seem to get further than they should.

Of course, I will end up hooked :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

RobertKK wrote: »
    I watch it to test my perceptions of people.

For example, can I spot the person that a lot don't dislike before that person is despised by near all?

Is that nice person, really nice???

Then there are the people fillers, the boring people, who often seem to get further than they should.

Of course, I will end up hooked :o

I'll be hooked too, of course. But there's absolutely no way to guage whether such and such is a nice person or not these days, everything is manipulated by the producers. The housemates are so aware of everything that rides on it, and how they'll be scrutinised, how could you possibly just be natural? Not that any of them would be natural anyway, the people that get in these days are fame hungry wannabes. It was always that way to an extent, even at the very start of BB they must have wanted to be on the tellybox, but maybe they were a bit more naive. Now it's just blatant, having agents etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement