Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

pilly wrote: »
    No way is she from the liberties. Even if shes been in america for years you'd still hear a twang.

Think Imelda May.

I'm from an area in dublin where people have strong dublin accents, so much so that if you speak differently you're usually deemed "posh". I am regularly asked where I'm originally from because I don't have the same accent. People assume I'm British or Polish mainly. But I've never actively tried to cover up my accent or anything I just developed a weird accent from nowhere, so I would say it's quite easy to pick one up if you live abroad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

buswankers wrote: »
    The way she pronounces Awkward does my head in "ORCWARD" :mad:

Does everyone not say Orcward? I'm sitting in my office now saying it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Not me, but I'm from Donegal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Been trailing behind by 48 hours for a week......... blame Eddie Vedder, Steven Tyler and the lovely weather.... but finally caught up (have even read the whole thread as I was catching.. so if your thanks count went up and you don't know why... twas me).

Not been my favourite of years, but sure anyway, here's my first summation of this year's 'ousemates!
    Disclaimer: be prepared for some sexual NSFW content from the outset and bad language and offensive opinions throughout.

Firstly: Isabelle, Savannah and the New Guy... too early to tell but I can't stand Savannah's accent. Irish people bug the fcuk out of me! Oh wait... who am I? Seriously though, that kind of Dublin accent does bug me. A little too Saoirse Ronan esque. Hope I'm wrong as she's adorably cute, in a Reese Witherspoon kind of way. Isabelle scares me. She's a like a doll. Something very Stephen King about her. New Guy seems gormless.

Mandy: was so annoyed when she was evicted as she had great potential as a housemate and she was hot (smokin for 52) but she was a little bit inappropriately behaved when her daughter was around. I found that odd and hot in equal measures. Anyone who is proud of a sex tape is okay with me. Hope they throw her back in.

Suckfinger and I'mAMan, honest: was sorry to see these go also. Absolute fruit cake of a woman is the Suckfinger but a fascinating subject to watch as was her petrified husband. The poor man is institutionalized inside an abusive relationship. The sheer fear in his eyes when he hears Suckfinger is upset is horrifying. When he was evicted it was like the end of Midnight Express, you just wanted him to make it out the door to freedom... but nope, the bunny boiling control freak couldn't bear to face being with a bunch of people would wouldn't enable her warped world view. One conversation about the shape of the world and she'd have been the first person in BB history to be sectioned in the diary room.

Arthur: I thought was a pompous moron and I didn't take to him at all. Don't think there was anything wrong with him, just think he has never really had to develop many social skills including manners as a result of his upbringing. Another housemate I wish was still there though as he brought the worst out in the housemates and that's always a good thing.

Rebecca: I didn't like her at all and with regards to 'daughtergate' I think she knew doing that would push Joe's buttons. I don't buy this whole 'I was just making a point' nonsense. You can do that without alluding to family members. See that happening on threads on Boards in serious debates where someone will say 'What would you do if x happened your daughter' and it's always to try and rile the person. 'I'M SOMEONE'S DAUGHTER!' So? She likes giving golden showers.... but every man is someone's son. Would you like if someone pissed on your son, becks!! Eh!! Didn't think so.

*Not having a go at anyone into watersports. If it's consensual and you've consumed lots of pineapple juice, then why not.

Kayleigh: didn't get all the hatred for her. She was a moaner and I didn't like the way she spoke to Arthur but otherwise I think others have been far more vitriolic and deserving of scorn. She had some redeeming qualities. Snapping over the glass was understandable I thought. Although saying she'd grab something sharp, or break the leg off of a chair and then break Chanelle's face with it if she was let back into the house was perhaps something BB were justifiably concerned about. Not usually attracted to violent women, but I found her psychotic side kind of endearing.

Think that's all the evictees, so in descending from who I hate to who I like...........

Chanelle: how the hell do some of you like this woman? I DESPISE her. Everything she does riles me. When Bear wasted food most of you hated him for it and Bear had charm, she has zero. I hate her guts. When fights break out a sinister smile comes across her botox'd mug. Would love to have seen Kayleigh slap her puss after she smacked that glass at her. Right in the chops. At least then she would have been thrown out for something worthwhile. Despicable woman! If she wins I will never* watch BB again.

*excluding CBB and maybe next year's show.

Hannah / Deborah: oh my sweet Jesus. She's like Ali fcuking G in reality. Is it cause I is black? No you silly fcuker, it's not, it's cause you're a twat. She's so typical of a certain section of society that think everything negative that happens them is happening only because of whatever damn minority they are in. Good housemate though as I can see her getting in some humdingers in the foreseeable.

Kieran: can't stand this clown. Him and Rebecca had plans to get back together in there I think and create some showmance. They were up to something for sure. All that crap in the interview about how they have more chemistry on the outside says it all. I think he's not the brightest chap in the world and was messing up a lot of what their plan was when in the house. I think him taking Joe's side was the kinda thing they might have had planned as they were all smiles the next day.

Lotion: he's not the worst I expect but if it wasn't for his physique he'd be one boring dope... hopefully there's more to him.

Raph: is okayish maybe. Comes across as a bit of an overly pc kind of guy though and the way he lets Hannah / Deborah manipulate him is annoying. I wanna see him angry at something. He does nothing with any great amount of passion. Too timid for BB maybe.

Charlotte: similar to Raph in that I don't think she is showing us who she is all that much, another reason I wish Mandy had stayed as without her she has gone inside her shell a little. Nice to see her in the chocolate fight though. I like her though.

Tom: tbh, I think you're all giving Tom a harder time than he deserves. He licks up to Lotion but he's harmless enough. I don't really see any malice with him. He reminds me of Scrappy Doo:

Scrappy-doo.png

Also don't think the comments about his height all the time are all that nice as he clearly doesn't like it and it's evidently something he is insecure about and which he can't change. If a woman was being called 'Extra small' for having a flat chest or an overweight female was being referred to as extra-large, would we all be so eager to laugh at their annoyance? Doubt it. If he was laughing when they said I would understand but the guy nearly cut his hand open at one stage it infuriated him so much.

Joe: arsehat but excellent housemate as he has the potential to rile everyone and he is nowhere near as bright as he thinks he is. Also obsessed with letting everyone know that he has just said something negative to their face. What did say to Rebecca: "I don't dislike you, I just can't stand how you are, how you smile, how you speak"... something like that, classic. She lost her mind, damn hypocrite.

Ellie: love her! Haven't a notion why some of you have been giving her a hard time. Stop it. She's lovely. Rarely bitches about people, always trying to have a laugh, when a row breaks out she tries to diffuse it. I absolute believe she fell for Lotion too. Those nipples mesmerized her. Also, when Hannah / Deborah and Annabelle too said mean things about her she had a go but didn't go overboard and if anything was forgiving. I seen some posts comparing her to Stephaine Davis!! What the fcuk???!!! That woman is the devil incarniate. Ellie on the other hand is lovely!! Really don't get why people dislike her and I hope she chuffing well wins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I think I say it like aw-kard, sitting like a sap saying it different ways to myself now because I'm over thinking it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I don't mind Tom either, I think he gets a raw deal as he is never mentioned as 'fit' or anything and you can tell it affects him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I definitely do not like Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Im from the Northside of Dublin but spend half my life on the southside with me going to college in UCD, she is definitely not a D4 I can hear the liberties in her, with grandparents being from around that area and knowing people who live there I can hear the accent - it's a bit less than the typical inner city accent but it's not a D4 accent
    I think she's spent a lot of time in America so the accent has become neutralised a bit but it's definitely not D4

it sounds like an american trying to sound irish

edit: like in a movie etc

Outlaw Pete, glad you caught up. I agree re: Rebecca and Chanelle, especially on the food, Bear was the devil for doing it. I think Chanelle has a real nasty side to her.
    Tom is nothing like Scrappy Doo. Scrappy Doo has a combination of personality, charm & well he's scrappy. Tom has no charm or personality, he may be a bit scrappy but without the other two traits it just makes him seem needlessly angry.

Also I hate Ellie, don't buy her act at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

skipper_G wrote: »
    Outlaw Pete, glad you caught up. I agree re: Rebecca and Chanelle, especially on the food, Bear was the devil for doing it. I think Chanelle has a real nasty side to her.
    Tom is nothing like Scrappy Doo. Scrappy Doo has a combination of personality, charm & well he's scrappy. Tom has no charm or personality, he may be a bit scrappy but without the other two traits it just makes him seem needlessly angry.

I would have said he is more like this guy;

f5b6dd6f5c7e1dcad1d69f8ccc2129d6.jpg

What makes you think she's acting? She seems so genuine to me. Fake people contradict themselves in their behavior... but she hasn't, she's always consistent. When the new girls came in you could see she was mad jealous that Lotion's attention was on them and went off to bed cursing their existence (which I found funny and a little endearing). If she wasn't being genuine about having feelings for him then she would just have stayed up and partied, surely.

Bet you by the end of the series you will have changed your mind.... by which time I hope she realizes that Lotion is a bit of a bell end and that she's too good for him. Maybe she can't compete in the looks department (although I think she's cute and has more natural good looks than some of the Frankensteins in there) but when it comes to personality she is in a different stratosphere to him. He's vacuous and quite superficial where as she is not so self obsessed at all and has a warmth to her. Did I mention I like her?

What makes you think she's acting? She seems so genuine to me. Fake people contradict themselves in their behavior... but she hasn't, she's always consistent. When the new girls came in you could see she was mad jealous that Lotion's attention was on them and went off to bed cursing their existence (which I found funny and a little endearing). If she wasn't being genuine about having feelings for him then she would just have stayed up and partied, surely.

Bet you by the end of the series you will have changed your mind.... by which time I hope she realizes that Lotion is a bit of a bell end and that she's too good for him. Maybe she can't compete in the looks department (although I think she's cute and has more natural good looks than some of the Frankensteins in there) but when it comes to personality she is in a different stratosphere to him. He's vacuous and quite superficial where as she is not so self obsessed at all and has a warmth to her. Did I mention I like her?

I just automatically assume they're all fake and it's up to them to prove me wrong :pac:

Seriously, she reminds me so much of former winner Chloe the "normal northern lass" complete with overuse of the word chuffin. She was a massive fraud, and Ellie is guilty by association.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Aw great to have you back Pete, I love your posts.

I'm kinda agreeing with them which I thought I wouldn't at the start except for Tom, I think he has a mean streak to be honest and loves when other people are put down, it's an insecurity in him I know but it's not very nice.

I'm a bit bored by the show now though I have to say, and usually I'm dug into it every night. They're going to have to do something exciting or they'll start losing viewers. I'd like another few housemates and turf out a few for a start.

I just automatically assume they're all fake and it's up to them to prove me wrong :pac:

Seriously, she reminds me so much of former winner Chloe the "normal northern lass" complete with overuse of the word chuffin. She was a massive fraud, and Ellie is guilty by association.

Oh I hated that bint too.... and Stephine Davis.... and I think although you're joking somewhat, there is a little guilt by association with some of these for sure. I hate that BB has almost become the Olympic finals for reality TV shows like Sex On Essex Island or whatever.

But I Ellie I think is different to 'em all, maybe I'll be proven wrong but I just find her to be far more genuine than the rest. She has a vulnerability that the rest of these fame hungry hoards don't (and I know she has been on other shows, but I've not seen them). It's in the eyes for me...... and the eyes, Chico, they never lie*.

image.jpg

BB_LotanAndEllieE.jpg

*Movie references are allowed, right?

What has Ellie done other than make us die with cringe since the start and she's still doing it! Who cares if she's being herself, she's bloody awful to watch. And pick up your knickers ffs

It's in the eyes for me...... and the eyes, Chico, they never lie*.

*Movie references are allowed, right?

Movie references are part of this years gimmick :pac:

I think you've got a thing for Ellie! I get that, I had the same for Georgina even though she was mopey and reminded everyone of grumpy cat.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    What has Ellie done other than make us die with cringe since the start and she's still doing it! Who cares if she's being herself....

I do!

I hate housemates who edit themselves. I wanna see people, warts and all, and if that includes puking on yourself in your sleep, so be it.
    And pick up your knickers ffs

Don't mind Deborah / Hannah, bloody gruesome twosome were just tearing her asunder cause they didn't like what happened in the task........ and anyway, life's too short to clean ya chuffin knickers up!

Movie references are part of this years gimmick :pac:

I think you've got a thing for Ellie! I get that, I had the same for Georgina even though she was mopey and reminded everyone of grumpy cat.

I think he loooves her, he wants to marry her, he wants to kiss her. :D:D

Aw great to have you back Pete, I love your posts.

Aw thanks, and me yours.... in fact your Tiffanyesque faux pas from last year's CBB was my favourite Boards' posts of all time! :P
    I'm kinda agreeing with them which I thought I wouldn't at the start except for Tom, I think he has a mean streak to be honest and loves when other people are put down, it's an insecurity in him I know but it's not very nice.

Ah I would agree with that for sure just that as you say a lot of what he does is stemming from insecurity and so I just see it all as hot air more than anything. He's someone we need to see tested more to see what is revealed about him as I don't think we're seeing who he really is. It's all bravado and peacocking so far.
    I'm a bit bored by the show now though I have to say, and usually I'm dug into it every night. They're going to have to do something exciting or they'll start losing viewers. I'd like another few housemates and turf out a few for a start.

Yeah, I'm the same and only for Princess Ellie (and perhaps the hope that Charlotte folds her arms again maybe) I really don't think I'd be watching or at least not as enjoying it as much. Hopefully CBB will make up for this year's poor show which is slowly becoming a Reality Stars Big Brother show as each year passes.

• Advertisement

Aw thanks, and me yours.... in fact your Tiffanyesque faux pas from last year's CBB was my favourite Boards' posts of all time! :P

Oh God!!!!!! I completely forgot about this and read your comment and actually had to leave my office to laugh!!! Serves me right for browsing while in work! That was the funniest thing I had read- the whole unfolding of it! The innocence and kindness behind it, the misunderstanding, the outrage!!!! Oh God it was the most amazing rollercoaster of hilarity!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Sitting here paranoid at how I pronounce awkward! :o:pac:

Thanks lads :D

wyrn wrote: »
    Sitting here paranoid at how I pronounce awkward! :o:pac:

Thanks lads :D

I'm telling you, we all say Orcward. Don't know where Skippers going with the aw-kard. That sounds like Aah Card. He's making that up. :D:D:D

neonsofa wrote: »
    Oh God!!!!!! I completely forgot about this and read your comment and actually had to leave my office to laugh!!! Serves me right for browsing while in work! That was the funniest thing I had read- the whole unfolding of it! The innocence and kindness behind it, the misunderstanding, the outrage!!!! Oh God it was the most amazing rollercoaster of hilarity!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

Ah remind us!!! I can't remember.

Ah remind us!!! I can't remember.

I shall leave it to missy to explain! :) it was akin to the David's dead mix up, just involving our very own posters!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

buswankers wrote: »
    Her accent? Not sure where its from but I read somewhere that she was from the Liberties & that's certainly not the accent from there!

Her accent floats between a posh accent and a not posh accent. So I'd imagine the posh accent is an affectation. I'd believe she's from the Liberties. Wait until she's drunk and gets into an argument. Then you'll hear where she's from!

neonsofa wrote:
    I shall leave it to missy to explain! it was akin to the David's dead mix up, just involving our very own posters!

Ah this sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I don't think her accent is a posh accent. I say it's a mixture of living abroad and trying not to sound too local. I know with mine, I make an extra effort to pronounce "t" when I travel otherwise I sound a bit country saying "wha" and "waher".

I call it the "telephone voice". You know when you have to make a formal call to a company instead of the "hey, how's it goin" when you call your friends.

I think he loooves her, he wants to marry her, he wants to kiss her. :D:D

That's a movie reference.......Miss Congeniality ?

• Advertisement

I'm telling you, we all say Orcward. Don't know where Skippers going with the aw-kard. That sounds like Aah Card. He's making that up. :D:D:D

No it's like awe - kurd that's how I say it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement