Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Brother UK 2017

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

wyrn wrote: »
    Pete I really think Ellie had it in the bag to win until she became desperate for Lotan. She was likeable, affable and fun. Around him she became clinging and a bit desperate. Such a shame.
    I see her as a nice person really but she got used by Lotan, in her eyes Lotan was probably what Pamela Anderson looked to teenage boys in the early 90s. Rational was out the window as far as anything to do with Lotan was concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

pilly wrote: »
    What about when the 3 of them were having a go at Isabelle afterwards (her, Charlotte and Savanagh I think)? They were completely trying to say that the reason he threw the bottle was because of what Isabelle said, that is trying to justify his behaviour.

Maybe you missed that bit.

You're talking about the bit where she condemned her for bringing 'kids' into it and said 'Go and say that to Deborah?' but that was in no way trying to justify what Lothan did, they were just saying she shouldn't have done that but Chanelle even said to Isabelle that she shouldn't have said that, Raph too and Savannah also.... are they all justifying Lothan throwing the drink?

Just don't get why Ellie is getting such a hard time. She was accused of hitting someone in the face, up until then she was quite calm, even when she was being pushed up the stairs she wasn't shouting. She only started shouting back when Debroah was screaming up at her that she had hit her in the face and like I said, when she went into the diary room with Charlottle the two of them just joked about...... she didn't start saying Lothan was provoked and so justified in throwing the drink or anything .. if she did I would understand the vitriol being directed towards her but otherwise I really don't.

Also, meant to mention it, but I was impressed with Savannah's reaction to BB asking her was she intimated by the lads being pushed on ... so many over the years have sanctimoniously used situations like that to get housemates in troubles and she didn't and so far play to her for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I hope they show the full fallout from last night and what everyone's take was from it. Can't just gloss over what was probably the defining moment of the series and one of the big BB moments in a good number of years.

By the looks of it they gloss over it tonight with a love and peace task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

think Lotan's exit could be the making of Ellie, she's a likable character and if she doesn't end up in someone else's shadow again she could be very popular. She's funny and she's fairly honest IMO.
    She was completely mislead by the WOMAN HATER but hopefully she'll come back into her own now he's gone.

Such an a*sehole. Leaving out the emergency exit the other day like he's some kind of celebrity. Eh your nobody..no one give a f*** about u!
    And then Tom the muppet hugging him like some kind of hero on his return.

Had to laugh when they called him into the diary room to tell him he was out…he clearly didn't see that coming, joking about his new slippers with BB before the convo' started. Idiot!

He thought he was better than everyone including the men in the house, clearly has major issues with women..would love to see this xgirlfriend he was on about.

guideanna wrote: »
    think Lotan's exit could be the making of Ellie, she's a likable character and if she doesn't end up in someone else's shadow again she could be very popular. She's funny and she's fairly honest IMO.
    She was completely mislead by the WOMAN HATER but hopefully she'll come back into her own now he's gone.

Totally agree... but she's in real danger of eviction as it's Vote to Evict. Hope she survives as she doesn't deserve to go yet. Charlotte or Joe would be perfect they are both clearly trying to cruise to the final.
    ..would love to see this xgirlfriend he was on about.

His tears may have been somewhat justified in fairness :P

lotan1.jpg

• Advertisement

She's gorgeous…he was right tho…she's too good for him!!
    He might be pretty on the outside but he's got a real dark side to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Out of curiosity did Lotion ever mention why he and his ex split? The way he was professing his love so much flagged to me that he may have had something to be sorry for but that's purely speculation on my part and a divilment towards all the drama going on. If I was his ex though a lot of it would have been seen as menial as in my eyes he still led Ellie down the garden path in ways and craved attention so much / couldn't handle if a woman didn't find him irresistible. Think he also would have swayed towards Savannah if given a green light and he was over familiar at times with Rebecca too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I think I must be missing the girlie gene because I don't find Lotan attractive at all. Even without knowing his behaviour I wouldn't call him a handsome man.

Purely on looks, Kieran and Raph I would find attractive, Tom and Joe not. Are they the only males left, I feel like I'm missing something.

The two Nigerian girls are mental as well, they've some tempers on them Hannah more so i think.

Can see how they are clashing with others, like i'm all for standing up for your beliefs but it's like they call the racist/gender card at every altercation and it's getting a bit boring now, you can agree to disagree with people you don't have to call everyone a racist!
    You can also make an effort to get along with people and not go about your day looking for a fight..and i would think being stuck in the BB house this mentality would be key to not only survival but also staying sane where you have so many strong personalities in a small space.

I think I must be missing the girlie gene because I don't find Lotan attractive at all. Even without knowing his behaviour I wouldn't call him a handsome man.

Purely on looks, Kieran and Raph I would find attractive, Tom and Joe not. Are they the only males left, I feel like I'm missing something.

I think he had great body and salo skin and if he lost the curly fuzz he's be fairly hot looking BUT personality scored a ZERO for me from quite early on. Total sexist!

And the lap dance he gave Elli was bad form too, like he knew she was mad about him and he picked her out, switched on the charm, hand down the pants etc, them basically spat her out when he was done with his little routine. Grand if your doing this as your job on a stranger but this was purely to lead her along, show off the power he had over her and demonstrate to the other lads that he was the big d*ck in town.

• Advertisement

defo not alone there! if I was many years younger I would have been attracted to Raph and just a few years younger then Kieron. Tom again not my type and I think if I was many years older, i still wouldn't find Joe attractive. He wears makeup more days than I do which doesn't float my boat

I didn't like Lotan one bit but I do think he has been somewhat harshly treated. Everytime he was pulled into the dairy room they would bring up his stature and how he was physically intimidating women.... but he never ran up to someone like so many did to him, especially Hannah. Isabelle started on him in the kitchen over that also, saying he was a 28 year old man and Chanelle was a female.

Also, Chanelle threw a drink over Kayleigh.... how comes she is still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On twitter I don't see any love for Lotan, but there is a mountain of support for Isabelle and how she brought him down.
    Ellie is seen as being completely deluded, and just as Loathan is an embarrassment to men, she is viewed as an embarrassment to women.

From what I see, a majority are on the side of Chanelle, Isabelle, Hannah, Deborah and Raph.
    The rest are tarred and feathered from being associated with Loathan.

On paper Lotan is gorgeous apart from the pubey hair on him and the nipples. In reality I think Kieran is the most attractive but he bores him. So I'm not in love with anyone this year unfortunately. :(

I didn't like Lotan one bit but I do think he has been somewhat harshly treated. Everytime he was pulled into the dairy room they would bring up his stature and how he was physically intimidating women.... but he never ran up to someone like so many did to him, especially Hannah. Isabelle started on him in the kitchen over that also, saying he was a 28 year old man and Chanelle was a female.

I do agree that there has been cases of double standards but Lotan did express (I think; will need to check back on the script above (how handy is that)) that what he could potentially do physically to Isabelle which is throwing weight and structure/stature about without carrying through. Also, it's obvious that physically he has the upper hand so over powering comments and downputs could make someone of smaller stature intimated and I believe Lotan is fully aware of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

whatever about it all, one thing that stands out to me was the way they were treating issabel during that game. You could argue she kinda kicked it off by being rude towards ellie but what followed was pretty disgusting imo. Real schoolyard bully stuff, i find that worse than any of the roaring, shouting, running around like angry eejits

You can be intimidating without running at someone though. The other night with Chanelle he was standing up when she was lying down and said in the diary room he wasn't he was sitting down. Now whether we like it or not a man standing over a woman especially a man of his side is intimidating.

Chanelle didn't throw a drink over Kayleigh by the way, she knocked the drink off the table, it didn't go anywhere near Kayleigh.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    whatever about it all, one thing that stands out to me was the way they were treating issabel during that game. You could argue she kinda kicked it off by being rude towards ellie but what followed was pretty disgusting imo. Real schoolyard bully stuff, i find that worse than any of the roaring, shouting, running around like angry eejits

Yeah it was horribly cringey when he kept telling her to stand up. You have to remember too, she's only 21.

Yeah it was horribly cringey when he kept telling her to stand up. You have to remember too, she's only 21.

That was awful and part of me broke because I think she did actually succumb at the second stand up comment and stood up :( I was thinking no no don't but bb then told them both to sit down. Oh gosh I'm gonna have to watch it again, so much went on I'll end up twisting facts the way the hm's have. I can't wait to see what's next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I felt Chanelle got away lightly with a warning over her fight with Kayleigh. However I don't believe she threw the glass at Kayleigh but slapped it off the table. What annoyed me with Chanelle was her lack of responsibility for her actions when talking to BB. Her response to the warning was "have you spoken to Kayleigh about it." No, "I'm sorry" or "I understand my actions were wrong". Lotan did the same during his first warning.

I do believe the sisters should have received a warning by now but BB are obviously afraid the racist card will be thrown at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Dont think she threw the drink over Kayleigh, she knocked it off the table (which I dont agree with either by the way).
    I think the difference is that Loathan's behaviour AFTER the drink incident was threatening. Even when he was back in the bedroom he was talking about how he could physically and mentally hurt her or words to that effect. I also think that the way he barged out of the diary room and completely ignored big brother didnt do him any favours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

Highlight for me was when lotan said "i'm not taking seriously anything anyone says in here" and less than 10 seconds later he erupts. :)
    If tom has rugby tackled one of the sisters the way he did Ellie he would've been coming out of the house in a box.

ooter wrote: »
    Highlight for me was when lotan said "i'm not taking seriously anything anyone says in here" and less than 10 seconds later he erupts. :)
    If tom has rugby tackled one of the sisters the way he did Ellie he would've been coming out of the house in a box.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That gave me a right giggle.

I'd never have the nerve to go onto the show but it would make you wonder. We can see all the crap that gets said behind peoples backs and decipher situations after all the roaring and shouting from the comfort of home, with space to think and no immediate influences like that. Love to think that i'd manage to stay calm and collected but it must be so easy to get sucked into it all.

Trying to think who we would have ended up most like in the house God only knows..does anyone see themselves in any of the house mates or have traits resonate with their own? Surely they go in thinking they'll be fine and some think they'll just rock it. It must be a low depressing feeling and big blow when they come out and have been seen as aggresive and vile, a huge wake up call. I wonder how the likes of Lotan cope now..he can't be that deluded to not see how this has panned out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

RobertKK wrote: »
    On twitter I don't see any love for Lotan, but there is a mountain of support for Isabelle and how she brought him down.
    Ellie is seen as being completely deluded, and just as Loathan is an embarrassment to men, she is viewed as an embarrassment to women.

From what I see, a majority are on the side of Chanelle, Isabelle, Hannah, Deborah and Raph.
    The rest are tarred and feathered from being associated with Loathan.
    Well that's pretty much how the show seems to be going in that direction. It's a bit like the 2012 series with the insiders vs the outsiders if anyone here remembers that.

Well that's pretty much how the show seems to be going in that direction. It's a bit like the 2012 series with the insiders vs the outsiders if anyone here remembers that.

I don't think they've all been tarred and feathered yet with the exception of Tom. The way he continously jumped into Lotan's arms like a toddler has the birds plucked, him dipped and coated. Ellie's reaction to it all with some space from Lotan will determine her fate in my opinion and she has a chance to redeem as do the rest. Joe will need to step up as he's sat in the background but still time (but I'm not a fan). I think it's an open game again with Lotan gone, it lies down to who messes up next and from seeing the hullabaloo; could be anyone. Actually curious to see if all Tom does now is pine after Lotan or gets over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

In the video clip I posted yesterday about big brother informing the house of Lothan's removal, he said that he would be speaking to other housemates about what went down, now I don't know if anybody got any warnings or anything but them all being up for eviction is only part of them being punished I think

kopite386 wrote: »
    In the video clip I posted yesterday about big brother informing the house of Lothan's removal, he said that he would be speaking to other housemates about what went down, now I don't know if anybody got any warnings or anything but them all being up for eviction is only part of them being punished I think

I actually don't think it's fair that they're all up for eviction. Savanagh and Kieron did nothing wrong last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I actually don't think it's fair that they're all up for eviction. Savanagh and Kieron did nothing wrong last night.

I agree I know they didn't show all the nominations but I feel it should just be anyone that got nominated rather than a minimum number of nominations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Was Chanelle one of the people who was bullying Arthur, when he was sitting on the floor? That time he returned the food to the storeroom, or am I mistaken her for the other one that's gone now? Can't remember her name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement