Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Was Chanelle one of the people who was bullying Arthur, when he was sitting on the floor? That time he returned the food to the storeroom, or am I mistaken her for the other one that's gone now? Can't remember her name.

Kayleigh. It was mainly her screaming her head off every second calling him a c.u.n.t.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Was Chanelle one of the people who was bullying Arthur, when he was sitting on the floor? That time he returned the food to the storeroom, or am I mistaken her for the other one that's gone now? Can't remember her name.

From what I remember Rebecca was sitting on the floor with him, I must watch that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Who'd have thought Isabelle would have been a follower of Sun Tzu?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Thread was busy today! Some of us had work to do :p

Will be interesting to see if there is anything further to come in terms of punishment on tonight's show. Also really looking forward to BOTS although not sure I'll survive till the end. Early starts and long days turn skipper into sleeper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

pilly wrote: »
    You can be intimidating without running at someone though. The other night with Chanelle he was standing up when she was lying down and said in the diary room he wasn't he was sitting down. Now whether we like it or not a man standing over a woman especially a man of his side is intimidating.

H was no where near her bloody bed and there were other people there. How is that intimidating and 50 cameras on you. She wasn't in the lease bit intimidated. She was annoyed as she wanted to control how the argument ended.

Yes, he did say he was seated in the bedroom and that she was having a got at him whilst standing but that was in ADDITION to what happened. He wasn't describing that incident as you have made it sound and he said that in front of other housemates too and they did not say it never happened so it must have and I can only assume it never made the edit.

Far too many times now a man shouting a woman in BB is being seen much differently than a woman shouting at a man and it's ridiculous. Especially when they are not near them and within a group of people. We had Hannah last night run up to Lotan and stick her finger in his face roaring and shouting in at him and not an eye lid is batted at that other than to say perhaps she overreacted. It's sexist shite quite frankly. Men should not be seen as inherently intimidating just because of their size and women shouldn't be able to get in men's faces and be seen as perfectly fine behavior. Condemn both or neither.

And she was perving in through the glass at men showering. Like to see BB's reaction if one of the lads did that when the girl's were showering.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Haha he totally clothlined her, who does he think he is, Hulk Hogan? :pac:

What he was doing was setting her up for the big leg drop to finish. Running wild brother

H was no where near her bloody bed and there were other people there. How is that intimidating and 50 cameras on you. She wasn't in the lease bit intimidated. She was annoyed as she wanted to control how the argument ended.

Yes, he did say he was seated in the bedroom and that she was having a got at him whilst standing but that was in ADDITION to what happened. He wasn't describing that incident as you have made it sound and he said that in front of other housemates too and they did not say it never happened so it must have and I can only assume it never made the edit.

Far too many times now a man shouting a woman in BB is being seen much differently than a woman shouting at a man and it's ridiculous. Especially when they are not near them and within a group of people. We had Hannah last night run up to Lotan and stick her finger in his face roaring and shouting in at him and not an eye lid is batted at that other than to say perhaps she overreacted. It's sexist shite quite frankly. Men should not be seen as inherently intimidating just because of their size and women shouldn't be able to get in men's faces and be seen as perfectly fine behavior. Condemn both or neither.

And she was perving in through the glass at men showering. Like to see BB's reaction if one of the lads did that when the girl's were showering.

Why was he kicked out of the house so if he was doing nothing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Can't argue with that. I said the same to Mr. Cheese last night during the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

skipper_G wrote: »
    Thread was busy today! Some of us had work to do :p

Will be interesting to see if there is anything further to come in terms of punishment on tonight's show. Also really looking forward to BOTS although not sure I'll survive till the end. Early starts and long days turn skipper into sleeper

I wonder will Lotion be on BOTS tonight, or do they let them on if they're thrown out?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GroodyL

I wish BB was on at 9pm everynight instead of being at 10pm sometimes, its just a bit too late (for me anyways haha)

• Advertisement

Why was he kicked out of the house so if he was doing nothing wrong?

Eh, where did I say he was doing 'nothing wrong'?

I am saying he's been treated harsher than he should have been for what he did.

Had it been Tom shouting at Chanelle in the bedroom they'd most likely have given him a footstool so he could be heard by her.

Hated Loton (used Ellie for a start) but I do absolutely agree with him when he said he was being held to a higher standard than other housemates due to his stature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I thought it was intimidating because of two factors, the fact that Chanelle was in bed and he was leaning towards the bed in an angry manner and secondly he refused to leave when she asked. She felt uncomfortable and he wouldn't move for Chanelle or when BB asked.

I don't think it's inherently sexist, if say exactly the same if it was his BFF Tom in the bed instead of Chanelle

Eh, where did I say he was doing 'nothing wrong'?

I am saying he's been treated harsher than he should have been for what he did.

Had it been Tom shouting at Chanelle in the bedroom they'd most likely have given him a footstool so he could be heard by her.

Hated Loton (used Ellie for a start) but I do absolutely agree with him when he said he was being held to a higher standard than other housemates due to his stature.

Pete, sorry to quote you again I swear I'm not after you.

I think Lotan was held to the same standard as Kayleigh. They both got aggressively argumentative (as have Chanelle & the sisters) and both then said they'd still go for the other person. That's what got them booted.

I do think Chanelle should have gotten booted earlier for her behaviour. The sisters have some serious anger issues too

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

I watched that again on youtube, it was eviction night and the minute Mandy left Kayleigh started jeering"I have literally no money", apparently he felt then he was being bullied by both Kayleigh and Ellie. Lotan said he would get everyone to stop.

Joe was in the diary room fake crying of how if it was one of his children he would be able to do something calling Arthur a "pri*k".

The he tries to make small talk with Imran who was in the kitchen after a row with Sukie about alchol, but all Arthur was getting from him was grunts. After that the row continued in the bedroom keeping everyone awake. Arthur tries to comfort Sukie and Imran sends him of to get his wife some tissues. This is after 2am and everyone looks really tired.

At 3.10 Channelle, Rebecca and Kayleigh are in the kitchen, while Arthur is sitting on the ground outside with Lotan, then Rebecca has a go at him saying "the food was happy in the cupboards". The next shot is Rebecca on the ground beside him and Kayleigh is still going off. Then Kayleigh is called to the diary room.

wyrn wrote: »
    I thought it was intimidating because of two factors, the fact that Chanelle was in bed and he was leaning towards the bed in an angry manner and secondly he refused to leave when she asked. She felt uncomfortable and he wouldn't move for Chanelle or when BB asked.

I don't think it's inherently sexist, if say exactly the same if it was his BFF Tom in the bed instead of Chanelle

Leaning towards the bed? Wouldn't leave when asked? Are you serious? So bloody what. It was an argument. Which she started.

If it was her shouting at him in a bed and leaning towards the bed and not leaving when he asked.... nobody would give a fcuk. It very much is sexist crap.

I can't stand bullies or intimidation..... but a lot of what is being labelled as intimating behavior this year hasn't been and I hope Hannah is chastised tonight for her aggression against Loton and Ellie as that was off the charts and housemates have been removed for squaring up to other housemates like that in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Still Ill

This was the funniest part for me anyway... :pac:

https://youtu.be/FVS9c1r8aBo?t=24m58s

I think Lotan was held to the same standard as Kayleigh. They both got aggressively argumentative (as have Chanelle & the sisters) and both then said they'd still go for the other person. That's what got them booted.

I do think Chanelle should have gotten booted earlier for her behaviour. The sisters have some serious anger issues too

Yeah I was going to mention this as well, both Kayleigh and Lotan got thrown out as they actually threatened the life of another housemate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Just caught up. Fight night is right, my thoughts

Sisters totally over reacted

Isabelle is one cool Cucumber, I like her

I felt so sorry for Raph, I would have reacted just like him. Though his Usain Bolt run up the stairs was quite impressive.

Ellie has a very big gob and a very little brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I know there's more than one of them in there with anger issues . But ! At least one of the sisters was appalled at her own actions last night , and I don't think it was put on for the cameras either . Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there but she genuinely seemed horrified at her behaviour and having gone to that level .

I'm not saying what she done was right , but good god , there's a few of them that it seems acting like that is an every day occurrence and they don't have to feel bad about it afterwards .

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Far too many times now a man shouting a woman in BB is being seen much differently than a woman shouting at a man

...It is different when it is threatening arguments where eventually the female will only win with words?

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I know there's more than one of them in there with anger issues . But ! At least one of the sisters was appalled at her own actions last night , and I don't think it was put on for the cameras either . Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there but she genuinely seemed horrified at her behaviour and having gone to that level .

I'm not saying what she done was right , but good god , there's a few of them that it seems acting like that is an every day occurrence and they don't have to feel bad about it afterwards .

I'm not a fan of either sister but there's definitely one worse than the other. Hannah seems like a proper spacer, temper temper. And she exaggerates a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm not a fan of either sister but there's definitely one worse than the other. Hannah seems like a proper spacer, temper temper. And she exaggerates a lot.

I agree with you Skipper tbh .

But for some reason I half like them :o

You very much are after me..... it's been very clear for a quite a while now, to not just myself but everyone on the thread, that you have been trying to intimidate me.

Don't be silly, quote away :P

Oh I agree Kayleigh was.... just don't agree Channelle was. I think she got off very light with her warnings and all so far. I think if BB hadn't been so harsh on Loton for the bedroom malarkey, then they would have been able to give him a final for last night.
    I do think Chanelle should have gotten booted earlier for her behaviour.

Really? Cause I just want Loton to be held to the standard that Chanelle is being, not the other way around as I think it's much too harsh as I just don't think either of them did anything worthy of being removed from the house. Kayleigh I agree with going as she said that if she was let back in she would break Chanelle's face with something sharp. Her threats had an air about as if she would very much carry them through. Whereas I feel when Loton was saying he could have done more he was saying in that as way of conveying how much he was still in control of his actions given that he didn't do it.
    The sisters have some serious anger issues too

Absolutely.
    Still Ill wrote: »
    This was the funniest part for me anyway... :pac:

https://youtu.be/FVS9c1r8aBo?t=24m58s

Oh, thanks for that clip as I forgot that bit. Ellie actually says to Hannah there that she agrees that Loton throwing the drink was wrong. Be a shame if she goes.... and all because she has a long nipple fetish.

We had Hannah last night run up to Lotan and stick her finger in his face roaring and shouting in at him and not an eye lid is batted at that

We had Tom put Lotan naked onto Savannahs face and not an eyelid batted because she was to weak/intimidated to say yeah disgusting and instead "lads being lads"

I thought that too.... but for some reason the lie from Deborah last night annoyed me more than Hannah's aggression.. ott as that was. There was something so calculated about it as Ellie was at the top of the stairs with Charlotte sitting at her feet as they waited for Loton and then Deborah started screaming out of the blue about Ellie hitting in the face and then saying she swung for her face.... that's why Ellie lost her fricken mind.

Hope tonight's as good as last night and not a chuffin anti climax.

Sorry Pete, I'm terrible at replying with one hand and distract by the lovely lasagna I was in the middle of devouring. What I meant by "leaning over" was that he was trying to push forward towards Chanelle but on of the sisters was holding him back (before Tom came rushing to his rescue :D)

Any way, moving on because we're not going to agree on this one :). Remember in the good old days when there was decent tasks, it was actually hard work to pass the food task and there was very little alcohol - bring back those days (especially where they fail the budget task & don't get the luxury food budget).

Bring back the box challenge! I love how the camera focused on the pics of the housemates on the boxes when they were speaking. Also epic trolling by BB with the music :pac:

Lougarden wrote: »
    We had Tom put Lotan naked onto Savannahs face and not an eyelid batted because she was to weak to say yeah disgusting and instead "lads being lads"

Not an eye lid batted? Tom was called into the Diary Room and given a warning.

Who was it that was booted out for the naked writhing?

Poor guy. Felt bad for him.

Not an eye lid batted? Tom was called into the Diary Room and given a warning.

no eyelid batted in that (not BB)... but the house again let it slide..e.g Savannah mainly as it was directed at her. She'll look down the road at that and think how the F did I think that was ok or let those clowns get away with that. Not to do a Rebecca but here we go "if that was your daughter????" ...Lotan and Tom are vile with no self respect because they don't know how to respect others at all. Ellie is the one to learn the biggest lesson because she's followed someone who disrespects her and has lost all respect from the females that would have looked out for her ultimately

• Advertisement

Bring back the box challenge! I love how the camera focused on the pics of the housemates on the boxes when they were speaking. Also epic trolling by BB with the music :pac:

I was furious when Science got evicted that year.

Anyone remember Bubble hurting his leg. Seems trivial now. Was a major BB moment at the time :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement