Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Kieran has tried so hard to be this easy going guy without any opinions whatsoever. That's the second time I can remember him being rather angry. I think in the real world he'd be prone to lose the patience fairly sharply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

deco nate wrote: »
    Tomorrow, nothing on bots. Get a good night's sleep, salmonella and the big mouth are on bots

You're my hero deco, I was about to head back in to watch bots, now I can go to bed without laying eyes on ellie :)

deco nate wrote: »
    Tomorrow, nothing on bots. Get a good night's sleep, salmonella and the big mouth are on bots

Ewww I am officially out. Will record so I can fast forward the worst bits. Time for 1 more Ray Donovan episode before bed. :D
    later peeps, much love

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I feel a bit cheated. Waited up to watch the show and still don't know who left. Such an anticlimactic episode. No wonder ratings are dropping like mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

If I remember right it used to be they couldn't just vote for someone just because the voted for you a few times.

They need a valid reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

2 are going in real time on Wednesday, so we get to see them kicked out the back door . On bots the next night

Jeff2 wrote: »
    If I remember right it used to be they couldn't just vote for someone just because the voted for you a few times.

They need a valid reason.
    Ahh yes, I remember the good ol days too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I wish Chanelle would shut up screeching in the background..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That clergy woman is so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I wish Chanelle would shut up screeching in the background..

She was like a fog horn tonight:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

charlotte will go tonight i think.

hannah should go Wednesday with tom. doesnt deserve to win or make the final the way shes been acting. deborah deserves her place in the final much more.

shame andrew is in the final, i dont see a winner in him. too much whinging though some of it was funny. he seems harmless, but hes been in it the shortest amount of time and sure he has the money. id rather tom but as andrew is booked into the final he'll miss out.

raph, deborah, isabelle and kieran to join andrew for the final. id be happy with kieran or isabelle winning it.

thought izzy was a ****stirrer and snakey at first the way she was with lotan, but i dont mind her much now.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    charlotte will go tonight i think.

hannah should go Wednesday with tom. doesnt deserve to win or make the final the way shes been acting. deborah deserves her place in the final much more.

shame andrew is in the final, i dont see a winner in him. too much whinging though some of it was funny. he seems harmless, but hes been in it the shortest amount of time and sure he has the money. id rather tom but as andrew is booked into the final he'll miss out.

raph, deborah, isabelle and kieran to join andrew for the final. id be happy with kieran or isabelle winning it.

thought izzy was a ****stirrer and snakey at first the way she was with lotan, but i dont mind her much now.

Andrew can't win, just got a pass to the final night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Ah FFS thought we would know who left last night but no - we have to wait until tonight :(
    Glad I didn't waste any data streaming it as once again sounds like a let down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Christ that Hannah one is hard to watch, I'd be cracking some heads if I was in there*

I'm sure someone will find out who left before tonights show.

*well probably not but would like too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I'd imagine based on the odds of the outright winner Isabelle -
    (1.9 -> 1.66) and Charlotte (27 -> 67) that Charlotte is evicted.

Does anyone else think that the great British voting Public could throw us all a curveball and not evict Charlotte like we are in our Poll ?

It wouldn't be the first time they'd get it so wrong either ?

Does anyone else think that the great British voting Public could throw us all a curveball and not evict Charlotte like we are in our Poll ?

It wouldn't be the first time they'd get it so wrong either ?

They've impressed me by getting rid of ellie, I genuinely feared she'd win. But then I think what actually happened was they got confused between vote to save and vote to evict :pac:

neonsofa wrote: »
    They've impressed me by getting rid of ellie, I genuinely feared she'd win. But then I think what actually happened was they got confused between vote to save and vote to evict :pac:

Ha too true , you never know with them really :)

Ha too true , you never know with them really :)

Chanelle was just a shock to me. Thought they'd either love her or just not bother about her. Unless again, they were confused re vote to save or evict. Actually makes sense considering the two faves.

Genuinely hope Isabelle wins. Especially after her epiphany last night- it doesn't matter if you're ugly you can still have fun. Just something so vulnerable and naive about her yet she's so clued in at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I don't believe Isabelle was being genuine with that comment.

She seems quite intelligent and I think coming in with loads of fake tan on and now talking about how BB has made her realize she can fun even if 'ugly' .......... is calculated nonsense to play into the whole 'Big Brother journey' cliche.

• Advertisement

Chanelle was just a shock to me. Thought they'd either love her or just not bother about her. Unless again, they were confused re vote to save or evict. Actually makes sense considering the two faves.

Genuinely hope Isabelle wins. Especially after her epiphany last night- it doesn't matter if you're ugly you can still have fun. Just something so vulnerable and naive about her yet she's so clued in at the same time.

I'm not too familiar with the topic, but does she have body image issues? (Is that a thing) I still remember her doing the whole strip tease with the water and the fake tan running :D. I kind of assumed she was confident enough to do that, and not worry what people think. She seems to have a fairly low opinion of her own looks. She's being harsh on herself, if she scrubbed off the fake tan she'd be a looker. And with her personality dare I say it, a catch.

I don't believe Isabelle was being genuine with that comment.

She seems quite intelligent and I think coming in with loads of fake tan on and now talking about how BB has made her realize she can fun even if 'ugly' .......... is calculated nonsense to play into the whole 'Big Brother journey' cliche.

If the fake tan and everything she's done in there is all part of her masterplan, then I still want her to win because that's a pretty damn amazing plan

skipper_G wrote: »
    If the fake tan and everything she's done in there is all part of her masterplan, then I still want her to win because that's a pretty damn amazing plan

No, didn't mean that the fake tan was a plan.... but just that it's clear she is confident in her looks and I don't think someone that thinks they're ugly would act the way that she does. I know some girls (and guys) might use fake tan to mask insecurity.... but I just don't get that from her at all........... one thing playing a game in the house but when you're suggesting to the public you're someone you're not, then that grates.... and from what I have seen online about her, she in no way thinks she is ugly, let alone harbours the belief that she couldn't enjoy herself like others given her unattractiveness.

Sure we have heard her in there talking about going to Spain and hooking up with guys for holiday romances, which mirrors stuff like the following she has said on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/isabwarburton/status/871469208579735552

People that think they're ugly wouldn't speak in that way. They'd be insecure about how they looked and perhaps saying they hoped they could hook up. It's the way she says stuff.

Another example would be where she posted a video of herself naked in the shower and said:
    noooo look at me tho !!! Don't u wish u were me ????

I can't link to the above Tweet as it would most likely get deleted but if you want to see it (and are Over 18 and not offended by extreme sexiness) then cut&paste the following url into your browser of choice: (tinyurl.com/FakeIsabelle).

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people think she's a good housemate, but I just don't like her as a person is all.

Really terrible year in that regard as there really hasn't been anyone I think I'd like to know in the real world. They have all been flawed in some way, even Ellie (the bunny boiler factor just simply can't be ignored).

Hope CBB will be a goodun this year.

I said it a while back that wouldn't it be funny if it was Isabelle that was playing the biggest game of them all ?

That comment about being ugly doesn't mean you can't have fun , did she actually say that was in relation to herself or could it have been aimed at another HM ?

Anyhow , roll on tonight and we see who goes :)

That comment about being ugly doesn't mean you can't have fun , did she actually say that was in relation to herself or could it have been aimed at another HM ?

Yeah, was herself she was talking about alright, which was why Raph laughed I think.

She started saying that between herself and Charlotte she thinks that she would go first as Charlotte is a 'genuinely beautiful person'.

Then she said:
    "Sometimes when you all want to have fun and stuff I feel dead bad. It's just because I feel ugly and I'm like I can't..... (Raph laughs) .....do you know what I mean? Until the other day I thought Isabelle like, being ugly doesn't mean you can't have fun, you don't have to look pretty to just have fun, it's not what life's about and that's what I've learned in here and I can't wait to apply it on the outside. I'm buzzing about that."

She's faking a BB journey! :cool:

Pete I don't think the comment was said in a serious "I genuinely think I'm horrifically ugly and didn't think I deserved to have fun as a result and now I have seen the light" kind of way.
    More, in a "I cared a lot about how I look/come across and it prevented me from making a fool of myself but I've said **** it" but in a tongue in cheek quotable way, not a serious comment to be taken as Gospel. It was a funny off the cuff comment exaggerated for effect but said in a deadpan way. My favourite type of humour.

I think people miss her razor wit because of her sense of humour. It's a dry deadpan humour but done in a subtle way and I think people see it as disingenuous or even as stupid, but it's actually the opposite. I can't even describe it but I think the people here who like her "get" it. Not that it's even hard to get but it's just hard to explain! :o
    I identify so much with it because I get people thinking I'm a dope/over dramatic because I have the very same humour.

She may act confident in her appearance but if you take a look at how photoshopped/facetuned her pictures are on instagram you will see how insecure she is. She is unrecognisable. If she were truly confident in how she looks she would not feel the need to edit them so much. Some (not me!) may even say that seeking approval from men/promiscuity is a sign of insecurity.

Pete I don't think the comment was said in a serious "I genuinely think I'm horrifically ugly and didn't think I deserved to have fun as a result and now I have seen the light" kind of way.
    More, in a "I cared a lot about how I look/come across and it prevented me from making a fool of myself but I've said **** it" but in a tongue in cheek quotable way, not a serious comment to be taken as Gospel. It was a funny off the cuff comment exaggerated for effect but said in a deadpan way. My favourite type of humour.

I like a dry wit myself but she wasn't joking. Sure Raph stopped laughing after doing so once as she spoke and didn't laugh again.

She was 100% serious.

I like a dry wit myself but she wasn't joking. Sure Raph stopped laughing after doing so once as she spoke and didn't laugh again.

She was 100% serious.

There's a difference between saying something as a full on joke and saying something true but being dramatic/funny for effect. She was smiling throughout like! Not all jokes require a laugh!

Myself and my sister, to strangers and even some family members, treat each other horribly and speak sooo aggressively to each other, get annoyed at the slightest thing, over react to everything, but people who actually know us, and we ourselves know it is a joke. Like earlier she lost my hairbrush and I acted like the world had ended and she acted like she was trying to apologise and I wouldn't accept the apology. Its all said in a dead serious tone but its just fun. Doesn't sound at all funny and just sounds weird when I type it out but there you go haha :pac:

Here's the episode below for anyone that didn't see it.

Watch it from the 31m mark where Isabelle and Charlotte are talking about which of them is most likely to be evicted.

She tells Charlotte she won't go as nobody would spend money to get her out. She then says that she looks like she loves herself.... then she says she'll get dolled up 'Glam bitch' anyway and go out looking beautiful.............
    There's a difference between saying something as a full on joke and saying something true but being dramatic/funny for effect. She was smiling throughout like! Not all jokes require a laugh!

The part is at the 37min mark...... she wasn't joking at all.

She was smiling because she was saying that this 'new outlook' has changed how she sees life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement