Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Going to tweet Rylan now to see if he will reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

They didn't say. We will find out tomorrow night.

Ah here , we stayed up and endured Tina Malone , and all for nothing ?

That's a load of b*llocks in all fairness , saying one thing and then doing another .

BB really has not one shred of continuity this season at all really :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Tina was obviously told to tone it down during the break.

I have a feeling that things aren't straight forward with Chanelle's parents. She never mentions them really, only her nan and granddad. She tweeted about Tina's comments.

deco nate wrote: »
    Going to tweet Rylan now to see if he will reply

Just say -

"Ah here , ye employed me to dish the goodies from the thread , and in return I was to be given breaking news and teasers to tantalise the posters with , and you have failed miserably in the terms of the contract , so regretfully I shall have to resign "

Yours Sincerely,
    Deco.

P.S.
    " Can I still have the Final nights tickets though?"

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Hold up one minute there, Tina Malone was bragging about her parenting skills at the start of the show, now she is saying that its ok for a 3 year old to watch this show???

I nearly punched the thanks when you posted that.

Metaphorically speaking. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Just say -

"Ah here , ye employed me to dish the goodies from the thread , and in return I was to be given breaking news and teasers to tantalise the posters with , and you have failed miserably in the terms of the contract , so regretfully I shall have to resign "

Yours Sincerely,
    Deco.

P.S.

HAHA!... YEAH Deco, you tell them.. In your Hulk Hogan voice. Ha.

Just say -

Yours Sincerely,
    Deco.

P.S.

YOut are off the list! :(

HAHA!... YEAH Deco, you tell them.. In your Hulk Hogan voice. Ha.

Waiting for Rylan and whatsherface to msg me back about it

YOut are off the list! :(

:(:( :P

I couldn't resist :D

On another note , Pilly , I hope you're keeping up to date with the thread , and hopefully you'll be back for CBB :)

Am trying hard here people to try boost the posts up another bit ..............HELP !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Missed the first 30 mins of bots, did I miss much. I hope the panel were not on Rebecca's side??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Who is Andrew channeling ??

It's hilarious , this attitude emanating from him !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Presuming Kieran & Hannah were evicted. Hannah's odds went from 32 to 80 and Kieran's went from about 10 to 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

At this rate it will end up a back door eviction & winner crowning on Friday but we will only be able to see it at the CBB launch at 11:30pm. It's like basic show running 101 has gone out the window & producers are living in opposite land

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

neonsofa wrote: »
    What was wrong with it? What would her parents be proud of in any capacity? Chanelle accused Rebecca on national TV of sleeping with Lotan.

She bigged up her own parenting and implied that Chanelle's parents didn't parent her right or instill the same values that she did. Chanelle is an adult in her own right, she has put herself up for this type of thing not her parents. Her parents shouldn't be brought into discussion. She is also a carer for a family member so has plenty to be proud of.

Rebecca implied to/told media that she slept with him. Chanelle didn't reveal Rebecca's secret, Rebecca orchestrated that for publicity. Doubt they even slept together. Snapped the pic in bed, job done.
    Chanelle has created that own image of herself, it is her fault that people look at her like that as Tina did. I too would question the upbringing of anyone if they behaved like she does. Chances are they didn't sleep together, so why Chanelle took it so seriously just to gain a point in a silly manufactured row designed by the show is bizarre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

neonsofa wrote: »
    What was wrong with it? What would her parents be proud of in any capacity? Chanelle accused Rebecca on national TV of sleeping with Lotan.

She bigged up her own parenting and implied that Chanelle's parents didn't parent her right or instill the same values that she did. Chanelle is an adult in her own right, she has put herself up for this type of thing not her parents. Her parents shouldn't be brought into discussion. She is also a carer for a family member so has plenty to be proud of.

Rebecca implied to/told media that she slept with him. Chanelle didn't reveal Rebecca's secret, Rebecca orchestrated that for publicity. Doubt they even slept together. Snapped the pic in bed, job done.
    Chanelle has created that own image of herself, it is her fault that people look at her like that as Tina did. I too would question the upbringing of anyone if they behaved like she does. Chances are they didn't sleep together, so why Chanelle took it so seriously just to gain a point in a silly manufactured row designed by the show is bizarre. 

She also said Rebecca is fame hungry but so is she, she gives off the aura of desperate wannabe.

Exactly, she has created the image herself, so judge her. Not her parents. It wasn't right for tina to bring her parents into it, judge Chanelle all you want but her parents didn't sign up for that. We know nothing about her upbringing so berating them on a TV show when they aren't there to defend themselves and they have nothing to do with the show (keep in mind they didn't go on bots to discuss her or anything like that) is out of order. Marco Pierre white junior behaved appallingly and nobody ranted about his parents' parenting skills on bots, if anything I think people were very sympathetic that his parents' reputation may be tarred by his behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Kopite may not be the hero we want, but is the hero we need right now.

I do apologise right now I'm still catching up on the thread after I caught up on 20 pages (all last night's show) I will post my thoughts regarding what I gathered from the show from the thread without seeing the show. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I'm scrolling through bbuk tweets but I'm not going to waste my data on watching the videos I'll do that when I have WiFi

I've caught up on the thread and now I'll scroll through the tweets and post my thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

kopite386 wrote: »
    I do apologise right now I'm still catching up on the thread after I caught up on 20 pages (all last night's show) I will post my thoughts regarding what I gathered from the show from the thread without seeing the show. :D

Thats dedication folks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

So just caught up, goes to show how dull the remaining HMs are when they had to bring in those to create drama.

They really need to keep it as vote to save throughout.

Although last night was "lively" when they brought the other HM's back in , it just made me think , imagine how our poor ears would have felt if they were all still in there ?

Deafened for sure we would be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Last night Rylan said that was one of the best episodes ever and the crowd all cheered. I sat staring blankly at the TV wondering to myself, what?

Frankly I thought it was **** and I blame the producers.

I had actually started to write down all the things they've done wrong this series, once it had grown longer than 14 lines of text (it wasn't even a bulleted list I was using commas) I decided not to bother. It was starting to get depressing and just not worth it. So I've made a difficult choice, if this clusterfcuk comes back next year it's on thin ice as far as my viewing is concerned. I'm treating it as I would any show from now on, they've managed to kill my unwavering enthusiasm for it. Do better Channel 5 or I'll drop it like I dropped Quantico after a few episodes.

The thread is the only reason I'm watching the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Chanelle was raised by her grandparents and is a carer for her grandad.

Nobody knows what the story is with her parents so best to leave them out of it.

People lost the plot when Issy said Lotan wasn't a good role model for his son.
    How is bringing someone's parents into it any better than that?

I can understand her being mystified by housemates loved ones saying they're proud of them when many of the housemates are acting like animals

but really what else are they going to say.

Ellie's Mum told her to lay off the kissing

It wouldn't really be the time or the place to chastise them, that can be done privately when they're not in such a pressured environment.

It would be cruel to either not turn up or go in there and tell them they're a disgrace / disowned.

A quick google showed me that Tina's own daughter called her selfish and insane. They're not going on telly embarrassing their Mother but perhaps Tina's actions are embarrassing to them.

None of the returned housemates came out of that looking particularly well.
    Sue didn't feature much but what little she did she was talking rot.

Probably only Imram came across well and that's because he barely said anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

skipper_G wrote: »
    Last night Rylan said that was one of the best episodes ever and the crowd all cheered. I sat staring blankly at the TV wondering to myself, what?

Frankly I thought it was **** and I blame the producers.

I had actually started to write down all the things they've done wrong this series, once it had grown longer than 14 lines of text (it wasn't even a bulleted list I was using commas) I decided not to bother. It was starting to get depressing and just not worth it. So I've made a difficult choice, if this clusterfcuk comes back next year it's on thin ice as far as my viewing is concerned. I'm treating it as I would any show from now on, they've managed to kill my unwavering enthusiasm for it. Do better Channel 5 or I'll drop it like I dropped Quantico after a few episodes.

The thread is the only reason I'm watching the final.
    Same here. I actually stopped watching for almost a week when the 2nd chance citizens entered. I would have ditched it completely if it were not for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

skipper_G wrote: »
    I had actually started to write down all the things they've done wrong this series, once it had grown longer than 14 lines of text (it wasn't even a bulleted list I was using commas) I decided not to bother.

I've been a bit grumpy with BB for the last couple of days which I won't apologise for, but how about a chuckle at my expense. For all my bluster in the above post, it was wonderfully ironic that I didn't use a comma in the sentence about commas. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I agree wholeheartedly Skipper. I've missed a lot of episodes this year and I haven't bothered to watch them, I just kept up to date with this thread. In previous years that wouldn't happen. Even when I'm watching live I feel my interest wanes quickly and I don't post on the thread. I'd say my post count is way down this year. :p

I agree wholeheartedly Skipper. I've missed a lot of episodes this year and I haven't bothered to watch them, I just kept up to date with this thread. In previous years that wouldn't happen. Even when I'm watching live I feel my interest wanes quickly and I don't post on the thread. I'd say my post count is way down this year. :p

It hasn't gone unnoticed!! Loads of my fave posters (you included) aren't as active this time round. Hoping to see them back on celeb bb thread though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Aye, dipped in and out, odd episode here and there but never once did I get the 'must tune in next time to see how that goes' feeling. Worst series of BB for me. Hopefully back up to my normal 1 post a week quota in the next series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

skipper_G wrote:
    I've been a bit grumpy with BB for the last couple of days which I won't apologise for, but how about a chuckle at my expense. For all my bluster in the above post, it was wonderfully ironic that I didn't use a comma in the sentence about commas.

Don't talk to me about commas skip. I know only too well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement