Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

pilly wrote: »
    The house really is divided men against women this year and Joe is creating that with the "us lads must stick together".

He comes from the era of when men drank in the bar and women in the lounge.

Is it really though ? I don't think the divide is gender based, I think it's the popular kids versus the rest. And just like in school there are some who skirt around the edges sometimes in and sometimes out, depending on the situation. I do think Joe is a typical misogynist, coz eze a geezer innit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Quelle surprise, Jake knows Lotan. I hate that the zelebrities know some of the "regular" housemates. Total sham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I know we were slating the girls for bringing up the race card (which they haven't done since Suki went) but I do think Lotan has a problem with black women.

He has never liked them, even before he ever had a conversation with them he was throwing them daggers and I can't think of any other reason.

skipper_G wrote: »
    Is it really though ? I don't think the divide is gender based, I think it's the popular kids versus the rest. And just like in school there are some who skirt around the edges sometimes in and sometimes out, depending on the situation. I do think Joe is a typical misogynist, coz eze a geezer innit :rolleyes:

I think it's slightly gender based but also reality show based. Those that have had a bit of experience on tv are the "cool kids" sitting outside smoking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

* perceived popular kids*.. Ie, in their minds..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Toms and Lotan's abound Deco. I usually dispatch them with a withering glare and if they persist, a blinding dose of razor sharp rhetoric. :D
    Its usually then that the "Joe" of the gang emerges to put women back in the snug :pac::pac:

Does anyone actually like anyof the HM's this year?
    I cant remember the last time in BB that I had a fave :(

skipper_G wrote:
    Is it really though ? I don't think the divide is gender based, I think it's the popular kids versus the rest. And just like in school there are some who skirt around the edges sometimes in and sometimes out, depending on the situation. I do think Joe is a typical misogynist, coz eze a geezer innit

Yeah defo, think about it. They consider Raph to be in the womens crew. Rebecca is trying hard to be in the male crew but they only tolerate her, don't show her any loyalty at all.

I don't think its a cool kid thing at all. What's cool about Joe?

Toms and Lotan's abound Deco. I usually dispatch them with a withering glare and if they persist, a blinding dose of razor sharp rhetoric. :D
    Its usually then that the "Joe" of the gang emerges to put women back in the snug :pac::pac:

Does anyone actually like anyof the HM's this year?
    I cant remember the last time in BB that I had a fave :(

Arthur was my favourite this year really, just hope against hope that one of the new ones will be a real person.

wyrn wrote:
    I think it's slightly gender based but also reality show based. Those that have had a bit of experience on tv are the "cool kids" sitting outside smoking

Channelle has some experience though hasn't she and she's not allowed in their crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

The new lad has been on 4 different reality shows before including Ibiza Weekender which Ellie was on, I don't know if they know each other though, I've never seen the show only read he was in it so that's another z list celebrity going to he added, I know the housemates choose 2 from the 3 but seeing as he is the only lad I can see him being saved

• Advertisement

Does anyone actually like anyof the HM's this year? I cant remember the last time in BB that I had a fave

No, I'm even gone off Raph now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

kopite386 wrote: »
    The new lad has been on 4 different reality shows before including Ibiza Weekender which Ellie was on, I don't know if they know each other though, I've never seen the show only read he was in it so that's another z list celebrity going to he added, I know the housemates choose 2 from the 3 but seeing as he is the only lad I can see him being saved

And didn't he mention he likes ellie. Guessing a showmance was always on the cards

neonsofa wrote:
    And didn't he mention he likes ellie. Guessing a showmance was always on the cards

If it gets her off Lotan it will be something.

I know we were slating the girls for bringing up the race card (which they haven't done since Suki went) but I do think Lotan has a problem with black women.

He has never liked them, even before he ever had a conversation with them he was throwing them daggers and I can't think of any other reason.

I think Lotan has issues with women, not just black women. He is used to getting his own way with women. The crap he has spouted during his monologues have been very telling. He white knights when its of use to him. he likes to have an "ego-stroker" ie women he has absolutely NO INTEREST in, fawn over him and fall for him, on hand at all times (Ellie).
    He is utterly dismissive of women in general. He likes to put on the "Oh I'm not an object because I'm a Dreamboy" when in actual fact, he treats women, and I would say practically almost all women he meets, as objects. Some to be played with (the ones he fancies) and derided (the ones he doesnt)

I hate seeing them outside sunbathing. I bet not one of them has sunscreen or sunblock on. So dangerous just for vanity. I definitely wouldn't be in the "cool kid" gang, sunbathing does nothing for me (apart from burning in about 10mins in), the lack of real conversation & all the smoking (respiratory issues here).

neonsofa wrote: »

So they are turning this into Geordie on the shore, on the beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The Irish girl claims to be best friends with Justin Bieber and Arianna Grande. :rolleyes:

I think Lotan has issues with women, not just black women. He is used to getting his own way with women. The crap he has spouted during his monologues have been very telling. He white knights when its of use to him. he likes to have an "ego-stroker" ie women he has absolutely NO INTEREST in, fawn over him and fall for him, on hand at all times (Ellie). He is utterly dismissive of women in general. He likes to put on the "Oh I'm not an object because I'm a Dreamboy" when in actual fact, he treats women, and I would say practically almost all women he meets, as objects. Some to be played with (the ones he fancies) and derided (the ones he doesnt)

Yeah, you could be right. Maybe it's cause the sisters don't tell him how dreamy he is all day.

But I don't know, he took an instant dislike to them. Too instant for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The Irish girl claims to be best friends with Justin Bieber and Arianna Grande. :rolleyes:

Delusions of grandeur , she would fit in nicely with the rest of them ..

Haha Trisha just hit the nail on the head there.

"Joe wont like Savannah, the Irish girl, because she can string a sentence together" :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Be great to have an Irish girl in there.

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Delusions of grandeur , she would fit in nicely with the rest of them ..

She's not a nobody you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

RobertKK wrote: »
    Be great to have an Irish girl in there.

Well it will depend on what she's like.

I hope she can cut the mustard, Savannah.
    Give them a dose of Irish no nonsense.

She wont though........she wants to be a reality show regular, I fear :mad:

She's not a nobody you know!

Ha I think they all thought they were going into CBB :D

Would never call any of them a nobody :rolleyes:

I really like Trisha on bots :)
    She is very much spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Yeah defo, think about it. They consider Raph to be in the womens crew. Rebecca is trying hard to be in the male crew but they only tolerate her, don't show her any loyalty at all.

I don't think its a cool kid thing at all. What's cool about Joe?

The 3 groups in the original form as best I can make out, some people have drifted around a bit and can sometimes be in or out of a group as allegiances shift.
    Plastics: Ellie, Joe, Kayleigh, Kieran, Lotan, Rebecca, Tom
    Floaters: Charlotte, Mandy
    Outcasts: Arthur, Chanelle, Deborah, Hannah, Imran, Raph, Sukhvinder

And to us Joe isn't cool, but to a vapid airhead like Lotan he's a geezer. They started calling him geezer on launch night. Cringe inducing to us but we have a brain cell or two

That's me out for the night , have fun , stay safe as always :)x

The 3 groups in the original form as best I can make out, some people have drifted around a bit and can sometimes be in or out of a group as allegiances shift.
    Plastics: Ellie, Joe, Kayleigh, Kieran, Lotan, Rebecca, Tom
    Floaters: Charlotte, Mandy
    Outcasts: Arthur, Chanelle, Deborah, Hannah, Imran, Raph, Sukhvinder

And to us Joe isn't cool, but to a vapid airhead like Lotan he's a geezer. They started calling him geezer on launch night. Cringe inducing to us but we have a brain cell or two

I'm not sure about that bit Skipper, I think Joe does the dirty work that leaves Lotan with clean hands. I think Lotan is the organ grinder there and Joe is the monkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That's me out for the night , have fun , stay safe as always :)x

Night Mam! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement