Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaking Dublin Docklands- New Ross (Grand Canal and Barrow)

Options
  • 11-05-2017 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi , Has anyone kayaked from Grand Canal Dock, up the Grand Canal to Robertstown, taken the diversion towards Athy, linking into the Barrow and paddled down as far as New Ross?
    I am trying to think through the logistics of it and it seems possible and beautiful, but am unsure the timeline. I am reasonably fit and would like to push myself a bit to complete it, any ideas of how many days it could take (full days on the water) and any potential perils that I may be overlooking? I know the New Ross segment is tidal but that would just involve timing in line with the tides. I think the Barrow is relatively calm and super scenic too!
    I would really appreciate any thoughts/ advice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭schtinggg

sounds like a trip. love to do something similar. best of luck with your planning.

Advertisement